Joe Biden hands US border crisis to Kamala Harris

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 7:09 pm

Wow! America has got from far left to Alt-Right in the blink of an eye. I'm glad I live in Canada.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 11:32 pm

Quote:
Biden criticised after Trump announces he will visit US southern border
29/03/2021|5min

Many conservatives have questioned why no one senior within the Biden administration has gone down to visit America's southern border as authorities grapple to house and process a surge of unaccompanied minors trying to enter the US.

The comments come as former president Donald Trump told Fox News he is planning to visit the area within the next few weeks.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... 20%20share

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 10:18 am

I'm listening to a Fox News clip of Ted Cruz whining about the border rn. He's complaining that the wall wasn't completed and there's piles of rusted rebar.. ummm, trump said he was going to have the entire wall built in his first term and Mexico was going to pay for it ?? Why is he whining about Biden not building it? So stupid.

Also rather hypocritical that none of them complained about putting kids in cages and losing track of who their parents are, but now that there are migrant minors held in detention facilities under the Biden administration it's suddenly some major crisis and all Biden's doing. :roll:

IMO, no US administration has ever had perfect border/immigration policies and the USA has an opportunity to do better humanitarian work within central American countries that'll make them more stable so people are able to stay there vs. risk their lives heading North.

It's also funny af that they complain that their Southern border is the "least protected," in the world when something like ~90% of US Border Agents are stationed along their tiny Southern border, and their Northern border with Canada is literally the largest unprotected border in the entire world.. :lol: I mean, yeah, there are ports.. but in between? More cameras and infrared sensors and such than ever before, but still, thousands of miles long and anyone can cross cross almost anywhere almost any time they want! We road our motorcycles down a long stretch of 0 Avenue last Saturday and saw one US Border Patrol truck parked on the US side, but for miles and miles and miles all you'd have to do is walk across a ditch into a farmer's field and then just keep on going.. there may be surveillance cameras and technology in the area (and I Know they have a monitoring station just South of the border in Blaine where they watch the cameras from the region.) but there's sweet f**k All for physical security -> and this is in/near a populated area.. imagine what it's like in the middle of the country where there's No One around!! Anyways, besides all that, truly beautiful country!! Quite the visual treat of sprawling countryside farmland w/ nice green trees & blue skies/mountain backdrops. Def would ride again! 8) (and if I was on a dirt bike it'd take all of a split second to cross into 'merica and be there if I wanted.) *shrug* I guess the order of desirability of places to live is North > South.. we should probably plant a hedge or something at least. :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 10:20 am

It all depends on who owns the ox that is being gored.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 11:19 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm listening to a Fox News clip of Ted Cruz whining about the border rn. He's complaining that the wall wasn't completed and there's piles of rusted rebar.. ummm, trump said he was going to have the entire wall built in his first term and Mexico was going to pay for it ?? Why is he whining about Biden not building it? So stupid.

Also rather hypocritical that none of them complained about putting kids in cages and losing track of who their parents are, but now that there are migrant minors held in detention facilities under the Biden administration it's suddenly some major crisis and all Biden's doing. :roll:

IMO, no US administration has ever had perfect border/immigration policies and the USA has an opportunity to do better humanitarian work within central American countries that'll make them more stable so people are able to stay there vs. risk their lives heading North.

It's also funny af that they complain that their Southern border is the "least protected," in the world when something like ~90% of US Border Agents are stationed along their tiny Southern border, and their Northern border with Canada is literally the largest unprotected border in the entire world.. :lol: I mean, yeah, there are ports.. but in between? More cameras and infrared sensors and such than ever before, but still, thousands of miles long and anyone can cross cross almost anywhere almost any time they want! We road our motorcycles down a long stretch of 0 Avenue last Saturday and saw one US Border Patrol truck parked on the US side, but for miles and miles and miles all you'd have to do is walk across a ditch into a farmer's field and then just keep on going.. there may be surveillance cameras and technology in the area (and I Know they have a monitoring station just South of the border in Blaine where they watch the cameras from the region.) but there's sweet f**k All for physical security -> and this is in/near a populated area.. imagine what it's like in the middle of the country where there's No One around!! Anyways, besides all that, truly beautiful country!! Quite the visual treat of sprawling countryside farmland w/ nice green trees & blue skies/mountain backdrops. Def would ride again! 8) (and if I was on a dirt bike it'd take all of a split second to cross into 'merica and be there if I wanted.) *shrug* I guess the order of desirability of places to live is North > South.. we should probably plant a hedge or something at least. :P

It just makes the Democrats look like the hypocrites and racists they are. They built the cages and starting putting kids in them but then blamed their opponents when they used those same cages for the same purpose. Now they've purposely create chaos at the border which is leading to death, violence and exploitation of unaccompanied children. A secure border and well managed immigration process is all that is required. Dems and R's can then argue all the want about whether the number of legal immigrants should be 2M or 500M a year or something in between. Until we get their, they are both responsible for this ongoing, senseless tragedy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 1:11 pm

I'm curious what the death stats are. Probably similar in the desert, but I mean at the border/detention facilities - which party in power is more humane and which is less?

None the less, the entire system is f*****g garbage. American agribusiness and other industries rely on 12 Million undocumented immigrants to operate. The entire system isn't a failure. it's working as designed. The "right people," are getting rich of the labour of immigrants with little to no rights - exactly what the wealthy of both parties seek or they wouldn't keep perpetuating this same system of nonsense. All of this "crisis at the border," BS is just a smokeshow to point fingers at the other party and play the blame game to get the general voter base all riled up about nothing so they'll keep electing their party of choice to not solve these problems with any sort of meaningful solution & the rich keep getting richer.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 3:24 pm

Seems Ted Ctuz is engaging in the time honored game of one-upmanship.

It's not like GOP supporters rely on critical thinking anyway.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 3:32 am

Quote:
Migrant numbers surge across the United States
05/04/2021|3min

Communities along the US-Mexico border have struggled with the flood of migrants.

Adults crossing the border has skyrocketed but a surge in unaccompanied minors is the main concern.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... d%20States

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 7:49 pm

Quote:
AP-NORC poll: Border woes dent Biden approval on immigration
By WILL WEISSERT and HANNAH FINGERHUT yesterday

WASHINGTON (AP) — More Americans disapprove than approve of how President Joe Biden is handling the sharply increasing number of unaccompanied migrant children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border, and approval of his efforts on larger immigration policy falls short of other top issues — suggesting it could be a weak point for the new administration.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-me ... 08a3d81e94

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:25 pm

..all coming from right wing anti liberal/democrat/democracy news sources.

Meanwhile, I heard on some news clip that migrant crossings at the US' Southern Border were steadily increasing under the trump administration and today's numbers are in line with what they expected, not some huge surge that Biden is responsible for causing via any policy change.

It's all just spin that's spun to sound like you want it to depending on whether you're watching Fox or CNN.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 10:56 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Ironically, hypocritically, and predictably, the Democrats will probably soon restart construction on the wall.

https://www.latinpost.com/articles/1498 ... uction.htm

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 2:37 pm

QFT wrote:
I am confused. I thought Trump was the one who wanted to build the wall, and Biden was the one who said not a single inch of the wall will be added once he is the president. Of course one argument is that wall is not effective, which implies that something else more effective should be in place of it. But I am still confused. I thought its a Republican thing to try to stop immigrants from Mexico?

The Chinese built the Great Wall 1000 years ago and its worked great!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 4:12 pm

Quote:
Around 15,000 migrant children are already in federal custody. The U.S. is expected to see two million undocumented migrants arrive this year.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 4:42 pm

The Chinese actually built it about 2,000 years ago-----and it didn't always "work great."

The Mongols were able to easily breach the Wall when they conquered the Han Chinese in about 1200.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 5:40 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Ironically, hypocritically, and predictably, the Democrats will probably soon restart construction on the wall.

Won't happen; not with the leering ghost of Donald Trump present to serve as an example of that failure.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 7:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Won't happen; not with the leering ghost of Donald Trump present to serve as an example of that failure.

They won't have any other choice.