Coronavirus originated in a lab requires investigation

Page 4 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Sep 2021, 10:22 am

Pepe wrote:
Where did I suggest it was an "organised conspiracy"? :scratch:
It was some a***holes protecting their butts.

Most people don't want to be remembered, in the anals annals of history, for being responsible for the deaths of over 4 million people and counting. 8O

Protecting one's own butt is absolutely likely - but I'm not sure how WHO of Fauci not investigating Chinese potentially foul play would become "responsible for the deaths of over 4 million people and counting".
The milk had already been spilled when they entered the game.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 10:25 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Well at the risk of sounding like another conspiracy nut, why should we take China's word on anything in regards to this virus? Especially when their government has been spreading propaganda in their own country claiming that the virus originated in the West and was brought to them through contaminated imported foods which the rest of the world knows is a big lie?

I just don't understand why people are being so quick to give China the benefit of the doubt knowing this.

Politics. 8)

As I said, China/CCP has no credibility, but this isn't new.
In the world of the share market and finance in general, many, many moons ago, it was well known that China always "cooks the figures".

What totalitarian government can you trust?
Stalin's Soviet Union?
Nazi Germany? :mrgreen:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 10:35 am

Cornflake wrote:
Off Topic
MaxE wrote:
@Cornflake where did that graphic come from?
From the linked article. :wink:

Quite often images can be isolated and posted separately through a right-click on the image then "Open Image in New Tab" from the drop-down menu. The URL on the new tab can then be used for posting.
In this case what's displayed in the linked article as one image turns out to be two.

Those instructions are as in Firefox 91.0.2, although they were available before that version.
YMMV with other browsers, but I expect a similar functionality exists there too.

Stupid of me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 10:39 am

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Where did I suggest it was an "organised conspiracy"? :scratch:
It was some a***holes protecting their butts.

Most people don't want to be remembered, in the anals annals of history, for being responsible for the deaths of over 4 million people and counting. 8O

Protecting one's own butt is absolutely likely - but I'm not sure how WHO of Fauci not investigating Chinese potentially foul play would become "responsible for the deaths of over 4 million people and counting".
The milk had already been spilled when they entered the game.

fauci helped fund the coronavirus research in China.
daszak was terminally compromised and shouldn't have been part of the farce investigating the origins of the virus.
daszak even was employed by zuckerman to censor any information suggesting the coronavirus was manmade.
Tedros Adhanom perpetuated the lie that the virus was not transmitted to humans.
The ccp pilfered the world's supply of protective equipment before the word got out.

So many easy dots to connect. 8)

There *was* a comprehensive coverup, by the ccp.
This is the obvious Truth and there is no need to call it a "Conspiracy Theory".

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Sep 2021, 10:48 am

In a moment, I will probably turn out responsible for Covid because I was to go to a science conference in Wuhan... connect the dots...
:mrgreen:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:26 am

Pepe wrote:
Stalin's Soviet Union?
Nazi Germany?

One doesn't trust governments per se.

China may be more totalitarian than the US, but I don't think they're in the same league as Nazi Germany and the USSR under Stalin (but not after Stalin?).

They aren't more totalitarian than Belarus.

A lot of that perception is really cultural and it's a matter of which side you're on. Confucianism promotes a consensus-driven society. Japan might seem totalitarian to us if we were told to view them as an enemy. As for human rights, they are doing things the US has done earlier in its history, so I'm not that quick to judge.

Also the US may be on a short path to totalitarianism, let's see how things look 4 years from now. The irony is that the "conspirators" bringing this about are operating in full view of an impotent public, thumbing their noses at those who dread our future.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:32 am

MaxE wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Stalin's Soviet Union?
Nazi Germany?

China may be more totalitarian than the US, but I don't think they're in the same league as Nazi Germany and the USSR under Stalin (but not after Stalin?).

Are you even familiar with China's Cultural Revolution?

https://www.britannica.com/event/Cultural-Revolution

♤ The Military

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:47 am

King0fSpades wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Stalin's Soviet Union?
Nazi Germany?

Oh yes. I have also read 2 novels written and published in China, to be specific:

Old Town by Lin Zhe

The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin

both of which go into great detail about the hardships faced by Chinese in those days. A truly totalitarian society would suppress that sort of thing. Of course the books would not have been published had their authors chosen to present the Cultural Revolution as a bad reflection on today's CCP, but like I said, that is somewhat consistent with how a consensus-based society operates and it's unlikely the Chinese will abandon that approach in favor of attitudes imported from the West. Even the Japanese didn't really, they simply made friendly puppy noises to the West after the nuclear attacks forced them to surrender. Which is by no means whatsoever intended as a slur against Japan, it's just that we need to learn to recognize and accept these differences.

BTW don't forget that during WWII the US put people of Japanese ancestry into camps under circumstances quite comparable to what minority groups in Xinjiang are experiencing today, which I don't hesitate to admit is horrendous.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:49 am

MaxE wrote:
. As for human rights, they are doing things the US has done earlier in its history, so I'm not that quick to judge.

It's better to use correct judgement than to say "I don't judge". Because choosing not to judge can basically be the same as tolerating corruption as far as I'm concerned.

♤ The Military

Last edited by King0fSpades on 07 Sep 2021, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:52 am

MaxE wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Stalin's Soviet Union?
Nazi Germany?

Oh yes. I have also read 2 novels written and published in China, to be specific:

Old Town by Lin Zhe

The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin

both of which go into great detail about the hardships faced by Chinese in those days. A truly totalitarian society would suppress that sort of thing. Of course the books would not have been published had their authors chosen to present the Cultural Revolution as a bad reflection on today's CCP, but like I said, that is somewhat consistent with how a consensus-based society operates and it's unlikely the Chinese will abandon that approach in favor of attitudes imported from the West. Even the Japanese didn't really, they simply made friendly puppy noises to the West after the nuclear attacks forced them to surrender. Which is by no means whatsoever intended as a slur against Japan, it's just that we need to learn to recognize and accept these differences.

BTW don't forget that during WWII the US put people of Japanese ancestry into camps under circumstances quite comparable to what minority groups in Xinjiang are experiencing today, which I don't hesitate to admit is horrendous.

I dont support what the Americans did to the Japanese during World War 2 (and that INCLUDES nuking the hell out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

But you know? Americans were never committing actual genocide or ethnic cleansing on the Japanese. That's what the Chinese are doing to the Uighers. So really you should be comparing what they are doing to Nazi Germany's concentration camps.

♤ The Military

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:52 am

King0fSpades wrote:
MaxE wrote:
. As for human rights, they are doing things the US has done earlier in its history, so I'm not that quick to judge.

It's better to use correct judgement than to say "I don't judge". Because choosing not to judge can basically be the same as tolerating corruption as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not trying to argue with you. It's clear you feel differently about this than I and we'll have to accept that.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Sep 2021, 12:01 pm

MaxE wrote:
Stupid of me.
Psh no, not at all. :wink:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 12:08 pm

Cornflake wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Stupid of me.
Psh no, not at all. :wink:

I guess I spend too much time on Reddit. Typically on Reddit, a graphic like that would be something the poster uploaded to Reddit. You wouldn't be able to know where it came from. Not always though, but it seems to me it's usually a bit easier to identify the source if it's an actual link to another site.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 1:53 pm

Well, to claim anything but the "Official" narrative is a conspiracy theory despite the evidence.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 2:02 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Well, to claim anything but the "Official" narrative is a conspiracy theory despite the evidence.
Men get sent to prison on rape convictions for less "evidence" -- all circumstance, hearsay, and he-said/she-said -- but if anyone wants to go to Wuhan, China and do their own investigating, then I will not object at all.  Good luck!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:42 pm

magz wrote:
In a moment, I will probably turn out responsible for Covid because I was to go to a science conference in Wuhan... connect the dots...
:mrgreen:

I get your point.
I was a bit sloppy there. 8)

But here is the real deal:
Quote:
EcoHealth Alliance and Daszak have been working with Shi Zhengli, a virologist at the WIV, for more than 15 years. Since 2014, an NIH grant has funded EcoHealth’s research in China,

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02473-4

FYI:
The perpetuation of misinformation by daszak, WHO who organised scientists to contribute to a letter calling the virus a natural occurrence, has been shown to be heroic butt-protecting.
The Lancet Journal has lost a lot of credibility bark as a result. 8)

The man was hopelessly compromised and should never have been included in the waste of time "junket" to Wuhan, and at least one of his colleges (I think he was an Australian, but don't quote me) precisely said that. 8O

I am staggered that there isn't a worldwide call for Gain of Function to be outlawed.
It is, after all, a crime against humanity and responsible for almost 5 million deaths.
Does the figure have to reach the 6 million figure before humanity takes this seriously? 8O

Humans.
Dirty filthy stinking beasts. :eew:
And, yes, I see the irony of a skunk saying that. :mrgreen: