Amy Cooper tells her side of the story

Page 5 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 2:20 am

Brictoria wrote:
Given the vocal majority of the site tend to favor views from the "left", providing information, as seen form the "right's" publications should assist in understanding alternative views on various subjects... People may not agree with the content, but at least they are aware of what it is, and it can sometimes provide additional details which the "approved" souces missed which may clarify the issue being reported on.

Indeed, this website is predominantly left leaning.
There are a plethora of people volunteering left-wing views.
There is no real need for moderates to add to what would become a left-wing echo chamber. 8)

Brictoria wrote:
Although, where possible, I try to find sources from the "left" to avoid these "attack the messenger" style responces, I read (and link) a variety of sources across the spectrum - However, in this case, the source chosen was simply because other (left, in particular) media sources were not (yet?) reporting on the subject, so an "approved" source was unable to be linked.

I am not concerned about the "attack the messenger" approach from some people, these days.
I merely point out their lack of objectivity, lack of rationality, and the emotionalism/partisanship distorting their POV.

I have made it my business to point out both sides of the political equation, and still, some hyperpartisans aren't happy.
Some people will never be happy with anything less than total capitulation (*cough* Kraichgauer *cough*). 8O :wink:
What does a skunk have to do? :scratch:

Meh.
It's kool. 8)

BTW, I still luv you regardless, Bill. :heart: :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 4:42 am

Brictoria wrote:
Being prejudiced\biased against certain media organisations (commonly because they present "news" in a way that is favourable to "the other side")

Given the vocal majority of the site tend to favor views from the "left", providing information, as seen form the "right's" publications should assist in understanding alternative views on various subjects

Although, where possible, I try to find sources from the "left" to avoid these "attack the messenger" style responces, I read (and link) a variety of sources across the spectrum - However, in this case, the source chosen was simply because other (left, in particular) media sources were not (yet?) reporting on the subject, so an "approved" source was unable to be linked.

Most peculiar, despite your continued insistence of being taken as impartial, you used the "other side" to subjectively mean left wing - literally the opposite side of your own belief system.

Please desist from your continued charade that you are impartial.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 4:44 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
The man admits he takes dog treats with him to the park, so he can lure off-leash pets away from their owners.

He has a history of doing this.

That is a New York state crime called "DOG STEALING".

2010 New York Code
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 26 - (350 - 379) ANIMALS
366 - Dog stealing.

2. To entice, seize or molest any dog, while it is being held or led
by any person
or while it is properly muzzled or wearing a collar with
an identification tag attached, except where such action is incidental
to the enforcement of some law or regulation;

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2 ... le-26/366/

Doesn't he do it so the dogs won't chase the birds? As a way to be "nice" about getting errant dogs back into their owner's control? I could remember wrong, but that was what I originally got from the news back then.

I do think she was in the wrong.

I also think our whole culture of creating viral "shaming" videos is off the rails. Are people even aware when they post how many people in the following they will generate are just plain crazy? Siccing an off-the-rails crowd onto people whose offense was objectionable but not criminal creates a punishment that far exceeds the crime. It's WAY out of control. We don't end up solving anything or educating anyone; both sides just push further back into their opinions because of the toxic nature of any viral fight.

He said he does this to protect plants.

He thinks roaming dogs will tear up plants.

and scare native birds, leashing dogs is a no-brainer

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 6:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Being prejudiced\biased against certain media organisations (commonly because they present "news" in a way that is favourable to "the other side")

Given the vocal majority of the site tend to favor views from the "left", providing information, as seen form the "right's" publications should assist in understanding alternative views on various subjects

Most peculiar, despite your continued insistence of being taken as impartial, you used the "other side" to subjectively mean left wing - literally the opposite side of your own belief system.

Please desist from your continued charade that you are impartial.

Not sure what your problem is here...The "left" have a bias\prejudice against certain sites (such as Sky News Australia, Daily Mail, Fox news, etc.) which they see as favouring the "other side", while the "right" have their own biases\prejudices (such as ABC (Australia), MSNBC, CNN, etc.) which they see as favouring the "other side"...Each side has their prejudices\biases and see certain media organisations favoring the "other side" to that on which they stand.

I did not specify a particular side (either as the particular target, or as the "other side") because both sides have this issue and the comment was designed to point this out. Had I been referring to a specific side, this would have been made clear in the statement.

Off Topic
It's enlightening that you took portions of my post and present them as though this was the entire post, with no indication certain material had been selectively removed, in order to imply meaning that was not present in the original.

With that in mind, here is the text of the post which was selectively edited above, with the portions which were excluded in the above highlighted, to allow a less subjective reader to determine whether these excluded remarks suport your assertion that this was targetted at a single side:
Brictoria wrote:
Being prejudiced\biased against certain media organisations (commonly because they present "news" in a way that is favourable to "the other side") not only limits the information a person has available to them, but also contributes towards the divisions in society, where people on either side lose the ability to understand how their "opposition" form opinions on issues, through being unaware of the information they base these on, and so resort to stereotyping those people to compensate for this lack of understanding.

Given the vocal majority of the site tend to favor views from the "left", providing information, as seen form the "right's" publications should assist in understanding alternative views on various subjects... People may not agree with the content, but at least they are aware of what it is, and it can sometimes provide additional details which the "approved" souces missed which may clarify the issue being reported on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 6:56 am

Brictoria wrote:
It's enlightening that you took portions of my post and present them as though this was the entire post, with no indication certain material had been selectively removed, in order to imply meaning that was not present in the original.

With that in mind, here is the text of the post which was selectively edited above, with the portions which were excluded in the above highlighted, to allow a less subjective reader to determine whether these excluded remarks suport your assertion that this was targetted at a single side:]

I'm not 100% sure this is directed at me, but your posts are generally too long to respond to the entire content. Secondly there are substantial volumes that either i) repeat the same points and iii) obfuscate or go off tangent from the original thread (either unintentionally or deliberately, take your pick).

I pick representative elements of a post that I think/feel are worthy of scrutiny. I'm not paid to be a book reviewer

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 8:36 am

Some misconceptions about the Podcast need to be cleared up. While it is Bari Weiss’s podcast she did not discover or report anything.

Kmele Foster her guest was the person Amy Cooper gave an interview to. Kmele Foster is the person who did the background reporting. Ms. Weiss commented on what he reported.

Any criticism of the “pick and choosing” of what was reported needs to be directed at Mr. Foster not Ms.Weiss. Criticism of having Mr. Foster as a guest and her comments about what was reported is valid.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:19 am

Brictoria wrote:
Not sure what your problem is here...The "left" have a bias\prejudice against certain sites (such as Sky News Australia, Daily Mail, Fox news, etc.) which they see as favouring the "other side", while the "right" have their own biases\prejudices (such as ABC (Australia), MSNBC, CNN, etc.) which they see as favouring the "other side"...Each side has their prejudices\biases and see certain media organisations favoring the "other side" to that on which they stand.

Reason only works on reasonable people, I have found, to my chagrin. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:28 pm

Kmele Foster was invited by Bari Weiss because he's a unicorn, a black entrepreneur with right wing values who calls himself a libertarian (not a republican) and has an agenda to call out cancel culture. He's a strategic choice as a "guest" by Bari Weiss. It's not like he rushed to defend Amy Cooper on his own volition. He's a businessman with convergent values who happens to agree with Bari Weiss.

Hedging your bets on outliers isn't great odds AS

salad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:55 pm

salad wrote:
inb4 Cyberdad, Brictoria and TheRobotLives hijack this thread into a 50 page debate where no one wins because debates on WP have the same people arguing the same positions without changing sides

This comment aged perfectly......

Master Oogway

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:58 pm

salad wrote:
salad wrote:
inb4 Cyberdad, Brictoria and TheRobotLives hijack this thread into a 50 page debate where no one wins because debates on WP have the same people arguing the same positions without changing sides

:lol:

Hey buddy, how are you

salad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
salad wrote:

Hey buddy, how are you

not too bad actually. Just came back from the gym and realized one month of hospitalization and injury and Majorie Taylor Greene can now lift more than me:

Pretty salty day :x :x

Master Oogway

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:08 pm

salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
salad wrote:

Hey buddy, how are you

not too bad actually. Just came back from the gym and realized one month of hospitalization and injury and Majorie Taylor Greene can now lift more than me:

Ahh I wouln't pay her an attention, Her biggest muscle is her mouth :lol:

salad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
salad wrote:

Hey buddy, how are you

A woman being able to military press 95 lbs for several reps, even with bad form, and then superset that with pull ups, thats actually insane.

Ive been lifting my whole life, and yes granted I just came out of the hospital, I did suffer a shoulder injury, and yes today was my 1st day in the gym in months, but even then as a much heavier guy I was struggling to military press that weight and Majorie is an older woman

Say what you want about her but she's actually really strong for her age to lift that much

EDIT: I just realized that her feat is even more impressive than that. I never noticed the 10 pound plates on both sides. That means that she can military press 115 pounds several reps, which to be honest with you even many guys cant do that.

And this is an older woman. hate her but damn is she strong

Master Oogway

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:27 pm

salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
salad wrote:

Hey buddy, how are you

A woman being able to military press 95 lbs for several reps, even with bad form, and then superset that with pull ups, thats actually insane.

Ive been lifting my whole life, and yes granted I just came out of the hospital, I did suffer a shoulder injury, and yes today was my 1st day in the gym in months, but even then as a much heavier guy I was struggling to military press that weight and Majorie is an older woman

Say what you want about her but she's actually really strong for her age to lift that much

EDIT: I just realized that her feat is even more impressive than that. I never noticed the 10 pound plates on both sides. That means that she can military press 115 pounds several reps, which to be honest with you even many guys cant do that.

Well I suppose that's impressive.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
salad wrote:

Hey buddy, how are you

Well I suppose that's impressive.

And I suppose that I just got outlifted by an old bag who thinks Jewish Space Lasers control the world

:o :o

Master Oogway

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:11 am

I can carry two fifty pound bags of feed on my shoulders.
Not that unusual for the women around here.