Amy Cooper tells her side of the story

Page 6 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 12:30 pm

salad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
salad wrote:
inb4 Cyberdad, Brictoria and TheRobotLives hijack this thread into a 50 page debate where no one wins because debates on WP have the same people arguing the same positions without changing sides

This comment aged perfectly......

:lol:

Hey buddy, how are you

not too bad actually. Just came back from the gym and realized one month of hospitalization and injury and Majorie Taylor Greene can now lift more than me:

Pretty salty day :x :x

Is this on or off topic? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 12:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I can carry two fifty pound bags of feed on my shoulders.
Not that unusual for the women around here.

I can carry 10 gang-stalkers, on my back. 8)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 5:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kmele Foster was invited by Bari Weiss because he's a unicorn, a black entrepreneur with right wing values who calls himself a libertarian (not a republican) and has an agenda to call out cancel culture. He's a strategic choice as a "guest" by Bari Weiss. It's not like he rushed to defend Amy Cooper on his own volition. He's a businessman with convergent values who happens to agree with Bari Weiss.

Hedging your bets on outliers isn't great odds AS

FYI: I never heard of Kmele Foster until he interviewed Cooper
A podcaster wants ratings. Amy Cooper has not given an interview in months. If I am a podcaster I am going to try and get the person who interviewed her on my podcast sans ideology. Unlike Weiss, I do not have any money involved but if Amy Cooper had given an interview to a communist podcast I would post a link to that.

Foster and Weiss are secondary players just being used by Robert Barnes her lawyer who has represented or is representing Nick Sandmann and Alex Jones. There is nothing untoward about this, lawyers have their clients give interviews to friendly "journalists", that is how it is done. That is the methodology a lot of news gets published or broadcast.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 7:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
Is this on or off topic? :scratch:

And the very next post.....

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I can carry two fifty pound bags of feed on my shoulders.
Not that unusual for the women around here.

I can carry 10 gang-stalkers, on my back. 8)

People in glass houses...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 7:59 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
FYI: I never heard of Kmele Foster until he interviewed Cooper
A podcaster wants ratings. Amy Cooper has not given an interview in months. If I am a podcaster I am going to try and get the person who interviewed her on my podcast sans ideology. Unlike Weiss, I do not have any money involved but if Amy Cooper had given an interview to a communist podcast I would post a link to that.
Foster and Weiss are secondary players just being used by Robert Barnes her lawyer who has represented or is representing Nick Sandmann and Alex Jones. There is nothing untoward about this, lawyers have their clients give interviews to friendly "journalists", that is how it is done. That is the methodology a lot of news gets published or broadcast.

I think they are all using each other. Weiss and Foster are looking to get an audience, more controversial more audience then the more monetising. Weiss is just another right wing podcaster and Kmele Foster is also on the right but hides behind Libertarian labels probably to not draw the ire of the African-American community lest he be lambasted as another Candace Owens.

Barnes is getting free publicity for his client. This type of publicity worked for both Nick Sandmann and George Zimmerman who both got off and both monetised their 15 min of racism on social media. Amy Cooper and Kyle Rittenhouse are also hoping to cash in.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:09 pm

:roll:
Some people have no conceptual understanding of irony. :lmao:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:43 pm

Pepe wrote:
:roll:
Some people have no conceptual understanding of irony. :lmao:

Where's the punchline?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:19 am

I finally had time to watch the hour and a half of this and my opinion still stands when she said "African American man" and if things would have been different if she had only said "I will call the police and report there is some man harassing me."

And I do agree her work laid her off because of capitalism. Even if she were telling the truth, it doesn't matter, businesses need to make their money so they will lay you off due to pressure.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:26 am

League_Girl wrote:
I finally had time to watch the hour and a half of this and my opinion still stands when she said "African American man" and if things would have been different if she had only said "I will call the police and report there is some man harassing me."

And I do agree her work laid her off because of capitalism. Even if she were telling the truth, it doesn't matter, businesses need to make their money so they will lay you off due to pressure.

She was panicking.
She said stupid things.
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand the situation.

She should be literally crucified for being another stupid human. [irony] 8)

The thing is, this situation smacks of being a setup, with the phone video, and all.
Not kool, dude. 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:41 am

League_Girl wrote:

Its honestly as clear as day and night.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 1:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
I think they are all using each other. Weiss and Foster are looking to get an audience, more controversial more audience then the more monetising. Weiss is just another right wing podcaster and Kmele Foster is also on the right but hides behind Libertarian labels probably to not draw the ire of the African-American community lest he be lambasted as another Candace Owens.

Kmele Foster doesn't consider himself black and is not at all shy about it or his other politics that put him at odds with the "African American community", it's kind of his whole thing (full disclosure; I've spoken with the man personally). Weiss also isn't right wing, she's a heterodox liberal, with most of the heresy coming from her Jewish identity and support of Israel, which again, anyone who'd done even cursory research would know. Both of them were on the record as being skeptical of the original narrative from the start, mostly due to the fact that they actually paid attention to the whole incident, including Christian Coopers' admission of threatening behavior:

https://shows.acast.com/wethefifth/epis ... the-ramble

(No, I'm not back)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 1:10 am

Pepe wrote:
She was panicking.
She said stupid things.
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand the situation.

You could even argue that in a moment of panic at being confronted by a large yelling man while alone in a park, she seized on a racist weapon in the form of the threat with the police, and that could be defended. However, you're dealing with ignorant sh***ibs here, so off with her head and forget the nuance, even as these very people would likely be crucifying the man if the races had been reversed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 1:56 am

Dox47 wrote:
You could even argue that in a moment of panic at being confronted by a large yelling man while alone in a park, she seized on a racist weapon in the form of the threat with the police, and that could be defended.

Except he wasn't yelling or intimidating. She even admitted that in writing.

Last edited by cyberdad on 09 Aug 2021, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 1:58 am

Dox47 wrote:

Passing through? send my regards to Ruyven and Raptor

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 2:36 am

cyberdad wrote:

Did you actually listen to the interview? She said he started the encounter by yelling at her, and only became more passive once the camera was on, and "I'm going to do something that you're not going to like", being said to a woman alone in a park from a man is threatening regardless of the tone it's said in. Also, what kind of weirdo carries around dog treats to lure people's dogs to him, knowing full well that it freaks out the owners, because he so frequently gets into this kind of confrontation? In the legal world, they call that kind of thing "evidence of intent".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 4:35 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Did you actually listen to the interview? She said he started the encounter by yelling at her, and only became more passive once the camera was on, and "I'm going to do something that you're not going to like", being said to a woman alone in a park from a man is threatening regardless of the tone it's said in. Also, what kind of weirdo carries around dog treats to lure people's dogs to him, knowing full well that it freaks out the owners, because he so frequently gets into this kind of confrontation? In the legal world, they call that kind of thing "evidence of intent".

That's her account. She's trying to maximise sympathy to get money out of her employer.

The video corroborates Christian Cooper's account that he was polite and not intimidating. That's all that legally matters. Amy Cooper is on the record that she lied. You think a judge will fall her "damsel in distress" weeping for a second time? I doubt it.