Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 7:13 pm

Quote:
Palaszczuk’s NRL WAGs exemption ‘the worst public policy decision I’ve seen in 40 years’
19 hours ago

Quote:
Sky News host Peter Gleeson has ripped into Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk for her “scandalous” policy decision to ignore her own government’s health protocols to grant special entry for NRL families into the state.

“I mean I’ve never seen a more bizarre, scandalous, stupid, dumb decision to allow players’ wives to come in while denying Queenslanders the opportunity to come back and reunite with their families,” he said.

“Today she’s copped so much heat over it.

“Today she’s come out with a little bit of a concession; she had to change the narrative.”

She has form in regard to double standards here, and in other areas such as choosing Pfizer, rather than AZ, when the rulz specifically stated she was not eligible.

Hardly a person with heroic conviction who expects others to wear the risk, while her privileged position allows her to pick and choose.

The person is a two-bit politician, with a political tin ear, who caters to the rich and famous over ordinary citizens.

The pandemic has been a godsend for her.

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... 20%20share

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 3:42 am

Seems like a strange preoccupation to be attacking the premier of Queensland who has successfully managed COVID while living in a state (NSW) with the worst record for COVID and now in a state of perpetual lockdown with thousands of cases till at least 2022??

Last time I checked the OPs home state premier Berejiklian has left NSW in shambles with numerous deaths and hospitalisations.

Coming across as sour grapes :lol:

Looks like even Sky news agrees with me.
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... bafcb62c64

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 11:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Seems like a strange preoccupation to be attacking the premier of Queensland who has successfully managed COVID while living in a state (NSW) with the worst record for COVID and now in a state of perpetual lockdown with thousands of cases till at least 2022??

Last time I checked the OPs home state premier Berejiklian has left NSW in shambles with numerous deaths and hospitalisations.

So much whattaboutism here...

The subject of the thread was the hypocracy behind certain specific actions by the politician, not a comparison between various states' actions in more general terms.

It's depressing that there are people who see any critism of specific individual action(s) by a politician on "their side" as being "wrong", and so need to introduce some other action by them (or their opponents) to deflect from the action(s) being criticised... I guess that simply indicates either they cannot justify the actions being discussed, but are unable to admit they were wrong, or they are incapable of acknowledging "their side" could ever be "wrong".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 12:09 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The subject of the thread was the hypocracy behind certain specific actions by the politician, not a comparison between various states' actions in more general terms.

But the foolishness irrationality doesn't end there.

I have clearly stated, in a recent thread, that Gladys mishandled flight crew dangers.
The post was directed at him.

The first time was the northern beaches outbreak where she seemingly naively believed the international flight crews would do the right thing.
Gladys, were you born yesterday?

The second outbreak, with the delta strain, was the result of stupidly allowing drivers of flight crews to remain unmasked and unvaccinated.
The rule amendment was inforced *after* the deltahorse had bolted. :roll:

As you can see, I have logically destroyed his naive argument that I am displaying "sour grapes", yet he will not acknowledge the fact.
This could be a combination of a fragile ego and a hyperpartisan mindset.
And yes, I *do* know what the word means. :mrgreen:

This person simply has no credibility and consistently ignores pertinent facts, presumably because he is incapable of the complex thinking behind our statements.
I don't understand why you persist in engaging with him when it is clear he has no intention of learning from his mistakes.

Brictoria wrote:
It's depressing that there are people who see any critism of specific individual action(s) by a politician on "their side" as being "wrong", and so need to introduce some other action by them (or their opponents) to deflect from the action(s) being criticised... I guess that simply indicates either they cannot justify the actions being discussed, but are unable to admit they were wrong, or they are incapable of acknowledging "their side" could ever be "wrong".

"Whataboutism" is a term that is new to me.
Based on its definition, it seems to fit in with his mindset.
I am old skool, and would call what he does as engaging in *non-sequiturs* and *red herrings*.
He constantly attempts to ridicule others but seems to be unaware that he is simply embarrassing himself through faulty reasoning.

The problem is, there are some who enable this behaviour through groupthink hyperpartisanship.
And, yes, I do know what that word means. :mrgreen:

I find this hyperpartisan mindset childish and anti-intellectual.
And, yes, I do know what both words mean. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 12:50 am

Pepe wrote:
I find this hyperpartisan mindset childish and anti-intellectual.
And, yes, I do know what both words mean. 8)

Just make sure you leave the warning labels attached in case impressionable children try playing with those "toys" :P

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 2:44 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No one is stopping you or the OP from continuing you berating of the Qld premier.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 3:24 am

Quote:
Annastacia Palaszczuk admits NRL WAGs exemption was 'not the right thing to do' during pause on interstate arrivals

Quote:
Annastacia Palaszczuk has issued an apology to Queenslanders after receiving backlash for welcoming NRL WAGs into the Sunshine State during a pause on interstate arrivals.

The Queensland Premier conceded “it shouldn’t have happened”, telling her COVID-19 press conference on Friday morning, “it was not the right thing to do when we had the pause”.

“Unfortunately, it did happen and I extend my apologies to the public about that,” she said.

The plane carrying 100 wives, girlfriends, children and officials of NRL stars touched down in Brisbane on Monday afternoon, with the group sent straight into hotel quarantine.

The arrival swiftly sparked controversy as it came less than a week into Ms Palaszczuk’s two-week pause on interstate hotspot arrivals.

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... erallPos=3

As I said, she has a "political tin ear". :roll:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 11:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No one is stopping you or the OP from continuing you berating of the Qld premier.

Strange: no-one mentioned any attempt to "berate" the QLD premier, nor for that matter did anyone suggest there was an attempt to prevent it.

The discussion was about the hypocracy behind having a set of rules that all are supposed to follow, and the person "in charge" then bending them to suit their personal whims.

It's not a good look to be putting forward an "all in this together" approach, then taking actions which show that in fact only some are "in this together" whilst others are not, as it weakens the message being put forward, as well as giving the impression that while all are "equal", some are "more equal" than others.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 11:52 pm

Brictoria wrote:
The discussion was about the hypocracy behind having a set of rules that all are supposed to follow, and the person "in charge" then bending them to suit their personal whims.

It's not a good look to be putting forward an "all in this together" approach, then taking actions which show that in fact only some are "in this together" whilst others are not, as it weakens the message being put forward, as well as giving the impression that while all are "equal", some are "more equal" than others.

Hasn't this been an issue across all states (most famously in the OP's state of NSW) where celebrities and the wealthy are given special privileges when it comes to exemptions from COVID edicts?

What is special about Palazszuk that warrants having multiple posts about her on WP news?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 1:05 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Strange: no-one mentioned any attempt to "berate" the QLD premier, nor for that matter did anyone suggest there was an attempt to prevent it.

To be fair, I have no time for this hypocritical, self-serving pathetic excuse of a premier.
But I say that in the nicest way possible. :mrgreen:

Regarding: "some are "more equal" than others."
All I have to say is "Oink, oink." :pig:
BTW, Could the premier get her snout out of the public purse?
18 media advisers cost a small fortune to employ! 8O

Which brings me to the saying:
"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." :mrgreen: