Why Satanists may be the last, best hope to save abortion..

Page 5 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:08 pm

Jakki wrote:
I do not like this thread....... the concept of using satanists comparisons can be getting alittle offensive for people whom have some concepts of Christianity that they may have been raised with .
:( and the idea that they are going to save anything IMHO

What part of Christianity teaches intolerance of others' religious beliefs? :?

Pretty sure Christ is on record as saying be Good to everyone, regardless of who they are, what they choose to believe etc.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:12 pm

Alright, now WP has become an extreme lefty-biased forum now. :cry:

It's honestly sad that so many ASD and aspies are pro-abortion when it seems like abortion will eventually lead to genocide of those with Autism, Down Syndrome, and other conditions. And even other ASD/Aspie people hate me for saying this stuff.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:14 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

It's honestly sad that so many ASD and aspies are pro-abortion when it seems like abortion will eventually lead to genocide of those with Autism, Down Syndrome, and other conditions. And even other ASD/Aspie people hate me for saying this stuff.

Abortion isn't an inherently left vs. right issue, it's an issue of human rights and bodily autonomy.
Even Ayn Rand supported abortion rights and she's as far-right as they come. Why? Because she understood that she owned her own flesh and no one else was entitled to use it without her ongoing consent.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:33 pm

Jakki wrote:
I do not like this thread....... the concept of using satanists comparisons can be getting alittle offensive for people whom have some concepts of Christianity that they may have been raised with .

I agree with Jakki. Its a stupid idea for a thread. And for the original poster's cause - it's is also a self defeating idea.

Self defeating because its attempting to be ironic- but it backfires- and is actually violently UN ironic.

The OP is TRYING for irony by saying "a particular religion is going to save abortion". But by stating which religion he is going to talk about right up front in the title what he ended up saying is "only the devil can save something that most religious folks already believe comes from the Devil."

The religious right thanks you... Captain Obvious!

If the original poster had say...found statistics that show, ( I am being hypothetical here) that Texas teens involved in Satanism are more likely to contraceptives than do Evangelical Christian teens in Texas, but that both groups have the same amount of premarital sex, so that the later group has more unwanted pregnancies...then....the OP could announce that "Only Satanism Prevents Abortions in Texas". And THAT would be a good use of irony. :lol:

Get what I mean?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Abortion isn't an inherently left vs. right issue, it's an issue of human rights and bodily autonomy.
Even Ayn Rand supported abortion rights and she's as far-right as they come. Why? Because she understood that she owned her own flesh and no one else was entitled to use it without her ongoing consent.

Actually, it is a healthcare issue, and before Nixon turned it into a wedge issue in his 1972 campaign, both parties had supported making it legal based on what they had learned after decades of lobbying from medical professionals. Lives are lost when you tie the hand’s of doctors in deciding how to best treat their patients, and you create space for a lot of dishonest and unqualified practitioners when you push a medical procedure underground.

@Hollywood_guy, it is inaccurate to equate a desire to keep abortion legal with being pro-abortion. I totally understand your concerns, but the medical procedure is less the culprit than genetic testing and individual fears. I am strongly pro-life within my own life, to the point I skipped medical tests that had been recommended to me while I was pregnant. I have guided women who were considering abortion away from it. But I have encountered too many heart wrenching first hand accounts from women to belief that using the law to stop abortion is a reasonable solution. All it does is create new problems and cost lives. The pragmatic way to save the lives of the unborn lies elsewhere, as I outlined earlier in this thread. Look at the data for the Netherlands and see how it beats countries where abortion is illegal. The law is simply the wrong answer to saving lives. That isn’t left or right; it’s data.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 6:38 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

No I don't. People who choose to keep a downs baby (there's no prenatal tests yet for ASD) are in my view loving kind individuals. But I also accept that many mothers (it looks like 90%) who given the choice choose to terminate. Their reasons are various, but we need to accept that most are not equipped psychologically to take care of a special needs child.

We may not like it but a disproportionate number of babies and children put up for adoption or foster care are special meeds. If a christian fundamentalist regime forced mothers at gunpoint to keep a special needs child through to birth then all that would happen is they would put the newborn for adoption.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 6:41 pm

Jakki wrote:

Most of the christians I know in my family would simply not read social media if it has a title like this thread. We have the freedom to switch off the TV if something triggers or is offensive. The same goes with social media and discussion forums.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 6:51 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Thank you sir. I am not religious at all. I am an atheist and see religion as entertainment at best. It is well known to science that autism is mainly or primarily genetic in origin, and those genes will be found. A test for them could result in our eradication. That is currently happening to people with Downs because it's genetic nature is well understood as a chromosomal nondisjunction easily tested for.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

No I don't. People who choose to keep a downs baby (there's no prenatal tests yet for ASD) are in my view loving kind individuals. But I also accept that many mothers (it looks like 90%) who given the choice choose to terminate. Their reasons are various, but we need to accept that most are not equipped psychologically to take care of a special needs child.

We may not like it but a disproportionate number of babies and children put up for adoption or foster care are special meeds. If a christian fundamentalist regime forced mothers at gunpoint to keep a special needs child through to birth then all that would happen is they would put the newborn for adoption.

I thought these were adaptable unselfish empathic people. So these empathic normals are psychologically unable to handle a different kid? They would rather kill one in most cases then have one mess up their lives.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

Axeman wrote:
I thought these were adaptable unselfish empathic people. So these empathic normals are psychologically unable to handle a different kid? They would rather kill one in most cases then have one mess up their lives.

Human beings are complex creatures. It's possible to be a good person but be brainwashed by religious fervour to believe you have the right to judge others and tell other people what to do with their bodies and the fetus growing inside them.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:26 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Human beings are complex creatures. It's possible to be a good person but be brainwashed by religious fervour to believe you have the right to judge others and tell other people what to do with their bodies and the fetus growing inside them.

That fetus is a human being too. It shouldn't be murdered because it's an inconvenience to it's parents. If that's the case why screw in the first place other then lack of self control.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:28 pm

Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

That fetus is a human being too. It shouldn't be murdered because it's an inconvenience to it's parents. If that's the case why screw in the first place other then lack of self control.

Even people aren't entitled access to other people's body without their ongoing consent.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:31 pm

Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

The concept of murder doesn't apply to the fetus. There are laws that have been informed my the best medical minds to protect the rights of young mothers to make their decision without having religious nutjobs restricting their personal freedoms.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

The concept of murder doesn't apply to the fetus. There are laws that have been informed my the best medical minds to protect the rights of young mothers to make their decision without having religious nutjobs restricting their personal freedoms.

Like I said I have no religious beliefs.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:51 pm

Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Never talking about you specifically but feel free to go into an abortion clinic and explain your reasoning to a mother wanting to get rid of an unwanted child and see how you fare? good luck

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 8:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Never talking about you specifically but feel free to go into an abortion clinic and explain your reasoning to a mother wanting to get rid of an unwanted child and see how you fare? good luck

This started as a discussion of Satanists supporting abortion rights. Why would LaVey type Satanists do this? Because they believe in hedonism and putting yourself above everything. Those are core traits of a LaVey type Satanist belief. They count selfishness as a high virtue and they really have no spiritual beliefs as to them Satan is just a mascot personification of these beliefs.