Page 7 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 1:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You have to get at the root of why one person wants to kill another.They can do it with a butter knife or with bare hands.
That’s the root of the problem.And it’s complex.

It's a lot more effort with a butter knife or bare hands, that tends to limit people's willingness to follow through on that impulse when their methods are limited.

If they are motivated they will use anything.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 1:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
If there wasn’t a demand ,they wouldn’t smuggle them.Stop Canadians from buying them.

So I guess you don't mind me smuggling fenty into the states? I mean, if there wasn't a demand. 8)

Didn’t say it was a good thing.It’s just the truth.If they want them, they will get them.
And why do all those Canadians want guns for anyhow?

Emulating American gangster rap culture, which is spilling over into Canada over the airwaves and poisoning impressionable minds. There's a massive drug gang war going on in BC right now that's been several years in the works - and so much of it, as cheesy as it sounds, stems from the influence of American gangster rap music video culture and little s**thead kids thinking that's "the life," and something to aspire to. Damned good job of brainwashing, too.. these aren't "inner city ghetto kids," with no opportunities.. these are kids who grow up in $M-MM homes that drive mom and dad's luxury cars.. yet they're convinced that being the next <insert gangster rapper name> or Scarface is the way to live their lives.

I think that’s happening all over.Question is, how do you stop them from listening??
It’s sad, they see the “ glamorous” ( if you can call it that) side of it, nice cars, hot women or boys, money etc….but they don’t realize the dark side of it.Winding up dead, incarcerated or an addict.

IHIT and the GTF would like to know. Also, elders of the ethnic community of many of the gangster players, too.. they're hard working religious people, yet many of their youth shun hard work and education in favour of glitz & guns.

I think an effective add campaign might be some billboards showing business people, farmers, tradesmen driving luxury cars and having a lifespan of ~85, while gangsters driving the same luxury cars have a lifespan of ~35 if they're lucky. Stay the straight and narrow for the extra 50 years. It's worth it!

It’s worth a try.Sadly some will only learn by hard knocks.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 2:12 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You have to get at the root of why one person wants to kill another.They can do it with a butter knife or with bare hands.

It's a lot more effort with a butter knife or bare hands, that tends to limit people's willingness to follow through on that impulse when their methods are limited.

And?

Raising the bar for what's required to intentionally kill someone would reduce the number of intentional killings, would it not?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 2:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You have to get at the root of why one person wants to kill another.They can do it with a butter knife or with bare hands. That’s the root of the problem.And it’s complex.
And? Raising the bar for what's required to intentionally kill someone would reduce the number of intentional killings, would it not?
No, it would not.  Raising the bar for what's required to intentionally kill someone would reduce the number of convictions for intentional murder, and make it easier for an intentional murderer to get off on a lesser charge or be acquitted entirely.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 2:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You have to get at the root of why one person wants to kill another.They can do it with a butter knife or with bare hands. That’s the root of the problem.And it’s complex.
And? Raising the bar for what's required to intentionally kill someone would reduce the number of intentional killings, would it not?
No, it would not.  Raising the bar for what's required to intentionally kill someone would reduce the number of convictions for intentional murder, and make it easier for an intentional murderer to get off on a lesser charge or be acquitted entirely.

I'm not talking about raising the bar when it comes to how murder is defined.

I'm talking about if more effort is required fewer people would attempt it. It's a lot easier to kill someone with a gun than it is to beat someone to death; not every murder committed with a gun would wind up being committed some other method.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 2:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

And?

Raising the bar for what's required to intentionally kill someone would reduce the number of intentional killings, would it not?

People were able to successfully kill thousands before a gun was ever invented.Clubs, bows, poison, swords, ninja throwing stars, and using dogs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 2:55 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

And?

People were able to successfully kill thousands before a gun was ever invented.Clubs, bows, poison, swords, ninja throwing stars, and using dogs.

That doesn't address what I said in the slightest.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 2:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
quote="funeralxempire"]
Misslizard wrote:
That doesn't address what I said in the slightest.[/quote]It not only address what you said, it refutes what you said.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
It not only address what you said, it refutes what you said.

Other methods exist does not refute guns make it easier. You're smarter than this.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
quote="funeralxempire"]
Misslizard wrote:
That doesn't address what I said in the slightest.
It not only address what you said, it refutes what you said.[/quote]
How ? If people want to kill someone they will find a way even without a gun.
If a guns not there they can pick up a heavy object in a moments rage and knock someone in the head.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If a guns not there they can pick up a heavy object in a moments rage and knock someone in the head.

Does that make bashing someone's head in just as easy as pulling a trigger?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Depends on what’s closer.The gun or the rolling pen and how close the victim is.
I get that people can fly off the handle and pull a gun if one is just laying around.If not ,they might use a kitchen knife instead.
People tend to get stabby where there are no guns.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:22 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Depends on what’s closer.The gun or the rolling pen and how close the victim is.
I get that people can fly off the handle and pull a gun if one is just laying around.If not ,they might use a kitchen knife instead.

I'm not just talking about spontaneous, rage-motivated acts of violence. I'm talking about in general. It's a bigger, more difficult thing to do psychologically, to make physical contact with someone while harming them then it is to do it from a distance.

The more difficult it is (more effort effort, more psychological obsticles to overcome, etc) the less likely someone is to follow through, whether it's an impulse or something that's received a degree of planning.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:26 pm

It’s what’s in people heads that’s the real danger.That’s the weapon.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It’s what’s in people heads that’s the real danger.That’s the weapon.

I don't think you get to redefine what the word weapon means to exclude actual weapons. :nerdy:

Some weapons make certain types of violence easier. Yes, you could wipe a city off of the map before you had nukes, but that particular weapon makes that act easier. Pivoting back on point, guns make it easier to inflict lethal violence upon others; that's literally all I've said and the attempts to deflect and distract from that fact aren't actually refuting it.

I haven't suggested other methods don't exist or zero people would use higher effort methods or anything else that's been brought up. I have said it would be likely to reduce the number of homicides, but it should be obvious that doesn't imply it would eliminate them, so deflections along that line are bad faith arguments and respectable posters should know better.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:43 pm

Respectable?

https://www.recordherald.com/opinion/24 ... human-mind