Protestors in Brazil demanding 'Firing Squads and a Coup'

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 6:54 pm

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEO ... id=US%3Aen

I bet this will be America in 4 years give or take once Trump runs for office again.

Bye bye Democracy and thank you to all the dangerous sheep out there who are power jerking to those unhinged narcissists like Bolsonaro and Trump.

♤ The Military

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:32 am

King0fSpades wrote:
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEOEAS14tmVuExfp-6MRiIuIqFwgEKg4IACoGCAowl6p7MN-zCTDZ4PsF?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

I bet this will be America in 4 years give or take once Trump runs for office again.

Bye bye Democracy and thank you to all the dangerous sheep out there who are power jerking to those unhinged narcissists like Bolsonaro and Trump.

Glenn Greenwald has a much better overview of what happened, and the background of it:
https://rumble.com/vm8mmj-what-were-yesterdays-tumultuous-pro-bolsonaro-protests-in-brazil-about.html

Sounds like things are interesting in Brazil...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:45 am

The President of Brazil believes in conspiracy theories. COVID is out of control there. They're sick of this guy. They want somebody else.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The President of Brazil believes in conspiracy theories. COVID is out of control there. They're sick of this guy. They want somebody else.

Sound familiar? :chin:

♤ The Military

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:48 am

Yep. This guy is like a Trump.

It doesn't mean the United States is going to get into a Brazilian-type situation. The situations in both of our countries are different to each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:52 am

Quote:
... I bet this will be America in 4 years give or take  once  IF Trump runs for office again...
There, corrected it for you!

:D You are welcome!

Anything could happen to potential candidates in their 70s between now and the next election.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 08 Sep 2021, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:54 am

I hope you guys are right. :heart:

♤ The Military

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 11:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

There seems to be a lot more to it than that simplistic view...

A large part (as I understand things) appears to be the conflict between:
the President who has amassed a considerable amount of wealth working solely in the public sector (potential corruption),
and
The supreme court (or at least one specific judge) who has been jailing supporters\those associated with the President without trial.

With regards to the latter, something similar potentially occurred which caused the favourite for the 2018 Presidential election to be unable to run (who, had he run, would likely have won)... The judge in that case became the "Minister of Justice and Public Security" in the subsequent government.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 11:39 am

Brictoria wrote:

the President who has amassed a considerable amount of wealth working solely in the public sector (potential corruption),
and
The supreme court (or at least one specific judge) who has been jailing supporters\those associated with the President without trial.

With regards to the latter, something similar potentially occurred which caused the favourite for the 2018 Presidential election to be unable to run (who, had he run, would likely have won)... The judge in that case became the "Minister of Justice and Public Security" in the subsequent government.

This sort of election rigging is happening in the US. In fact, at the moment there is an election in California in which the current governor may be replaced by a extremist who would probably lose massively in a fair election. That candidate has pledged to replace one of California's Senators with somebody he supports (no election required!) if the existing Senator is deemed too elderly and/or infirm to continue in office. Neither of these things will necessarily happen but they are possible.

What's more certain is that state governments are modifying election laws to ensure the same "mistake" isn't made in 2022 as in 2020. This is no conspiracy, this is being done in full view of the public (as in the case of California) and it's all condoned by the Constitution. It's probably more constitutional that what happened in Brazil which actually makes it more sinister. I prefer a dictator who can be found to have clearly broken the law to one who can wrap himself in the constitution and get away with it.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 2:55 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEOEAS14tmVuExfp-6MRiIuIqFwgEKg4IACoGCAowl6p7MN-zCTDZ4PsF?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

The Biden Administration is doing a great job of ending democracy. There's no need for the RNC in 4 years.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 3:13 pm

MaxE wrote:
This sort of election rigging is happening in the US. In fact, at the moment there is an election in California in which the current governor may be replaced by a extremist who would probably lose massively in a fair election. That candidate has pledged to replace one of California's Senators with somebody he supports (no election required!) if the existing Senator is deemed too elderly and/or infirm to continue in office. Neither of these things will necessarily happen but they are possible.

That law has been on the books since the early 20th century, there is nothing "rigged" about it, that's just how the law was written, and the California Democratic party has had plenty of time with super-majority control of that state to change it. They're just crying now because it might bite them in the ass, kinda like how they've been perfectly happy to use the filibuster in the senate when they've been out of power, but now that it's blocking what they want to do, it's a racist relic of the Jim Crow era that must be abolished.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 3:26 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

The Biden Administration is doing a great job of ending democracy. There's no need for the RNC in 4 years.

I thought the Republicans claim that America was purely a Republic and never a Democracy to begin with?

♤ The Military

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 9:05 pm

MaxE wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

and

This sort of election rigging is happening in the US.

I do recall a former President making comments of those sort recently... It's interesting to see others agreeing with him.

MaxE wrote:
In fact, at the moment there is an election in California in which the current governor may be replaced by a extremist who would probably lose massively in a fair election.

I do realise there are a large number of racists in that state who are opposed to an "African American" governor, despite the sky not having fallen when the country had a previous President of similar ancestry (I believe some of those racists attacked an "African American" candidate in the recall election today, as well - It will be interesting to see if the media there condones this by hiding the story and so lending implicit endorsement to those actions).

Regarding the question of a "fair" election: How recent are the laws under which it is being conducted? If they were created in the past couple of years, then it is possible it is not a "fair" election depending on how long they have been open to review, but if the laws have been in place for some substantial period, during which no need was found to alter\remove them, it's unlikely the election isn't objectively "fair"...

MaxE wrote:
That candidate has pledged to replace one of California's Senators with somebody he supports (no election required!) if the existing Senator is deemed too elderly and/or infirm to continue in office. Neither of these things will necessarily happen but they are possible.

In much the same way that a former Justice on the Supreme court was reported to have chosen to stay on, rather than retire, in the expectation of being able to have their replacement selected by the first female President, only to have their desire prevented, and subsequently be replaced by a person they may not have agreed with?

I imagine that had the Senator felt they were likely to be too old\infirm before their current term was likely to expire, they would not have run in their last election (it would be irresponsible to run for a position where a person felt they would be unable to complete the term, after all), so this shouldn't be an issue... If it is, perhaps those responsible for putting a person who could have the potential to be considered too old\infirm to complete a term in office in that position need to bear the responsibility of what could have the potential to be considered "elder abuse", as well as the fact that by doing so they prevented the possibility of someone who may have been more capable from taking the position.

It sounds like some form of age limit may be worth considering in order to prevent this type of issue occurring in future?

MaxE wrote:
What's more certain is that state governments are modifying election laws to ensure the same "mistake" isn't made in 2022 as in 2020. This is no conspiracy, this is being done in full view of the public (as in the case of California) and it's all condoned by the Constitution.

So, you're faulting people for following (or working within) the agreed upon "rules"? Or faulting the rules because they don't ensure your preferred outcome?

MaxE wrote:
It's probably more constitutional that what happened in Brazil which actually makes it more sinister.

This sounds like you are saying that following existing rules to which all parties were aware, is more "sinister" than what is occurring between a potentially corrupt politician and a judge who is arbitrarily jailing people for political reasons?

MaxE wrote:
I prefer a dictator who can be found to have clearly broken the law to one who can wrap himself in the constitution and get away with it.

I'm always intrigued as to what motivates people to desire a form of corruption from their leader(s) merely because the agree with their stated policies over a leader(s) who follows the appropriate laws but with whose policies they disaagree...

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2021, 11:32 pm

King0fSpades wrote:

When they manage to successfully create a post-truth world where the foundations of trust are completely broken, then it becomes a matter of not IF but WHEN the political system breaks down. Its also extremely disturbing to me that these political psychopaths use so much sinister projection. Whenever they participate in corruption, they accuse the “other side” of doing the same. Whenever they cheat, they accuse the “other side” of cheating. Its a grotesque and psychopathic form of gaslighting all fascist pricks participate in. Ansolutely sickening sacks of steaming s**t for which hell itself is too merciful.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 11:36 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

When they manage to successfully create a post-truth world where the foundations of trust are completely broken, then it becomes a matter of not IF but WHEN the political system breaks down. Its also extremely disturbing to me that these political psychopaths use so much sinister projection. Whenever they participate in corruption, they accuse the “other side” of doing the same. Whenever they cheat, they accuse the “other side” of cheating. Its a grotesque and psychopathic form of gaslighting all fascist pricks participate in. Ansolutely sickening sacks of steaming s**t for which hell itself is too merciful.

What really sickens me is how easily people are falling for this s**t. I'm losing faith in humanity here. :(

♤ The Military

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2021, 11:45 pm

Brictoria wrote:
I'm always intrigued as to what motivates people to desire a form of corruption from their leader(s) merely because the agree with their stated policies over a leader(s) who follows the appropriate laws but with whose policies they disaagree...

Those at the top of the wealth/power hierarchy simply do not care. The less intelligent followers refuse to believe what’s right in front of their eyes. They have chosen their “home team” and will ride that chariot to the bottom of the deepest abyss.