Actor Alec Baldwin shoots 2 people, killing one of them.

Page 11 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
This is coming from Trump, a man with morbid Narcissistic Personality Disorder who can't understand or appreciate humor directed at him, and so responds with cruelty.

Doesn't make him wrong though.

It makes his conclusion about Baldwin, who he holds a grudge against, questionable.

Now, let's consider your grudge against Mr Trump, and your conclusions about him...

Me and the majority of Americans - - because we had to suffer under him!

So, you're saying that the conclusions about Mr Trump by yourself (and the majority of Americans, according to you), who hold a grudge against him, are questionable.

Thanks for clarifying.

Trump is a vulgar, narcissistic confidence man who, in his worship of autocratic strongmen who he wanted be one of, tried to dissolve our ties to our traditional allies. When he lost the last election, he tried to stage a coup by attempting to pressure Mike Pence and congress to decertify the election results under threat by a right wing mob of lunatics, and has since been selling the lie that he was cheated out of the Presidency. Trust me, we have more than enough reason to hold a grudge against that orange fraud.
And yes, as the majority of Americans had voted against Trump, most of us do hold a grudge against him.

And, through the same logic which you used to claim that Mr Trump's conclusions about Mr Baldwin are "questionable", others must therefore treat your conclusions about Mr Trump in the same way...

Unless you have a set of standards you apply to those you have a grudge against, and another for those you agree with?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:26 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Is Trump really wrong about Baldwin though? I mean yeah, the conspiracy theory is a stretch, but otherwise that read to me like an accurate description of the man.

This is coming from Trump, a man with morbid Narcissistic Personality Disorder who can't understand or appreciate humor directed at him, and so responds with cruelty.

Trump explicitly stated he enjoyed/appreciated the other comedian parodying him.
Your statement has been invalidated.
Sorry. :mrgreen:

Trump actually has a very good sense of humour.
The left often misses and perverts it intentionally or unintentionally, however. 8)

But as I mentioned, he should keep his mouth shut, at times.
Fat chance of that. :roll: :mrgreen:

Everything Trump's said or done has invalidated these claims. I remember when Baldwin first started playing Trump. He had a shitfit over it, initially.
Trump's so called humor involves demeaning those he perceives as weaker or below himself. Case in point, when he publicly imitated a disabled reported critical of him.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It makes his conclusion about Baldwin, who he holds a grudge against, questionable.

Now, let's consider your grudge against Mr Trump, and your conclusions about him...

So, you're saying that the conclusions about Mr Trump by yourself (and the majority of Americans, according to you), who hold a grudge against him, are questionable.

Thanks for clarifying.

Trump is a vulgar, narcissistic confidence man who, in his worship of autocratic strongmen who he wanted be one of, tried to dissolve our ties to our traditional allies. When he lost the last election, he tried to stage a coup by attempting to pressure Mike Pence and congress to decertify the election results under threat by a right wing mob of lunatics, and has since been selling the lie that he was cheated out of the Presidency. Trust me, we have more than enough reason to hold a grudge against that orange fraud.
And yes, as the majority of Americans had voted against Trump, most of us do hold a grudge against him.

I have become an American citizen this last week, so I am allowed to comment here. <joke>

Trump can be vulgar, but I am not that sensitive.
The ABC, here in Australia, have comedy skits where the indigenous community calls Caucasian Australians "white *unts".
Andrew Bolt finds that vulgar, also.
I find it amusing.

I think you and Andrew should lighten up.
Edgy humour is the mark of a free mind.

Most people take themselves and life too seriously.
Most people should khill out. 8)

From memory, Trump didn't attempt to dissolve NATO.
He wanted NATO to pull its weight and contribute more equitably to the cost of maintaining world peace. 8)
I hate the man for that! :evil: <joke> :mrgreen:

There was no coup.
There was no attempted coup.
All Pence could have done was postpone the inevitable.
Pence has integrity and declined the nonsense.
He seemed to be shocked by the suggestion. 8O

When the right has a violent protest, they are lunatics.
When the left has a violent protest it is justified moral outrage.
Got it. :thumright:

The American voting system needs to be amended.
Vote early, vote often, is not a good system. 8O
Identity cards are needed. 8)

The American Electoral Colledge System needs looking into.
Something is krook in Tobruk when 10 million more votes from the left puts the election in doubt, in the minds of the Republicans. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Is Trump really wrong about Baldwin though? I mean yeah, the conspiracy theory is a stretch, but otherwise that read to me like an accurate description of the man.

Trump explicitly stated he enjoyed/appreciated the other comedian parodying him.
Your statement has been invalidated.
Sorry. :mrgreen:

Trump actually has a very good sense of humour.
The left often misses and perverts it intentionally or unintentionally, however. 8)

But as I mentioned, he should keep his mouth shut, at times.
Fat chance of that. :roll: :mrgreen:

Everything Trump's said or done has invalidated these claims. I remember when Baldwin first started playing Trump. He had a shitfit over it, initially.
Trump's so called humor involves demeaning those he perceives as weaker or below himself. Case in point, when he publicly imitated a disabled reported critical of him.

Call me perverse, but when he calls Warren "Pocahontas", or when he calls Biden "Sleepy Joe", I find it humorous. :mrgreen:
But even for me, he does go too far, at times. 8O
His behaviour is not "Presidential", I agree. :?

Politics is a brutal game.
I think people need to toughen up or not turn on the channel in the first place. 8)

But then, most people enjoy expressing their moral outrage.
It is addictive, after all, and is chemical based. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:55 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And if that conclusions should happen to line up with conventional wisdom about Alec Baldwin? You're getting perilously close to saying that if Trump said the sky was blue you'd leap up to object...

This is the problem with hyperpartisanship.
People lose credibility when they embrace emotionalism in defiance against reason and the facts. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And if that conclusions should happen to line up with conventional wisdom about Alec Baldwin? You're getting perilously close to saying that if Trump said the sky was blue you'd leap up to object...

I doubt anyone ever said Baldwin was the sanest guy on the planet. Just the same, Trump - even crazier - has a grudge against him for his S&L portrayals, and that is why I think what Trump says should be taken with a grain of salt. That, and the fact that Trump has a history of being a stranger to the truth.
Well, I'll be damned! I guess I am saying if Trump said the sky was blue, I'd look out the window to confirm it!

Agreed, but aren't most politicians "professional liars"?
I don't think you understand the game of politics all that well. :scratch:

Don't blindly believe anything/k a politician says.
Engage your critical thinking skills and keep an open mind.
"Hyperpartisanship" only makes one a "useful idiot". 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:03 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.

I have become an American citizen this last week, so I am allowed to comment here. <joke>

The ABC, here in Australia, have comedy skits where the indigenous community calls Caucasian Australians "white *unts".
I find it amusing.

He wanted NATO to pull its weight and contribute more equitably to the cost of maintaining world peace. 8)

There was no coup.

Something is krook in Tobruk when 10 million more votes from the left puts the election in doubt, in the minds of the Republicans. 8O

Trump liked the idea of pulling out of NATO, but had met with too much resistance. Also, the idea of other NATO countries not pulling their own weight is way overblown by the right.
There certainly was a coup. Why do you think the whole thing took place in the first place? And while Pence couldn't have realistically stopped the election results, Trump and company certainly believed they could have at least had the results sent back to the states, where Trump tried to pressure local officials to change the election results.
A violent lunatic is a violent lunatic. I recall how the right tried to dismiss the November 6 violence off as Antifa guerilla theater.
Krook in Tobruk? What and what? The election was legitimate and legal. The Republicans are just sore losers. The fact that they don't want to accept the results of the election, and are willing to come up with the most outlandish explanations for why it wasn't, tells me that they potentially pose a genuine threat to American democracy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:08 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I doubt anyone ever said Baldwin was the sanest guy on the planet. Just the same, Trump - even crazier - has a grudge against him for his S&L portrayals, and that is why I think what Trump says should be taken with a grain of salt. That, and the fact that Trump has a history of being a stranger to the truth.
Well, I'll be damned! I guess I am saying if Trump said the sky was blue, I'd look out the window to confirm it!

Agreed, but aren't most politicians "professional liars"?
I don't think you understand the game of politics all that well. :scratch:

Don't blindly believe anything/k a politician says.
Engage your critical thinking skills and keep an open mind.
"Hyperpartisanship" only makes one a "useful idiot". 8)

There are liars, then there are liars. Trump has been a professional liar long before he ever entered politics. The city of New York said they would never work with him again, as he was so patently dishonest. He makes virtually every other politician look honest. Take his campaign to overturn the last Presidential election, for example.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 12:48 am

Pepe wrote:
I find it amusing.

Does Andrew Bolt know that ABC locally produced indigenous dramas get like 20-30 viewers and of that Sky News staff make up 30% :lol:

The only people who watch indigenous programs on SBS or the ABC are largely indigenous people, Even though I am sympathetic to indigenous people's plight, I find their locally produced comedy/drama to be not that interesting or relatable but I respect their need to have their own programs.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Lot's of less than noble people using the death of an innocent woman to kick Baldwin in the gut. Rather pathetic state of affairs we find in American culture.

Careful, if you clutch those pearls any harder, they're liable to crack.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Start applying the that level of skepticism less selectively, and you'll be a long way towards being wiser about the world. There's an old journalistic adage that goes something like "if your mother tells you she loves you, check it", and I find those are good words to live by when it comes to politics and the media that covers them, everyone is always lying about something, and blindly trusting any of them just sets you up as a sucker.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:54 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Start applying the that level of skepticism less selectively, and you'll be a long way towards being wiser about the world. There's an old journalistic adage that goes something like "if your mother tells you she loves you, check it", and I find those are good words to live by when it comes to politics and the media that covers them, everyone is always lying about something, and blindly trusting any of them just sets you up as a sucker.

When did I say other politicians don't lie? I just said Trump is by far the worst offender.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 3:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
When did I say other politicians don't lie? I just said Trump is by far the worst offender.

I'm not saying you said that, I'm saying you're very selective about when you are skeptical, you only question things said by people you don't like, or when you're told things that don't conform to your worldview. If Tucker Carlson presented you with airtight evidence that Joe Biden was a crook, I suspect you'd find dozens of ways to rationalize it away, up to and including conspiracy theories, but if Rachel Maddow told you that Trump drinks the blood of puppies and her only evidence was a badly photo-shopped picture from The Onion, you'd be much more likely to buy it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 3:19 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm not saying you said that, I'm saying you're very selective about when you are skeptical, you only question things said by people you don't like, or when you're told things that don't conform to your worldview. If Tucker Carlson presented you with airtight evidence that Joe Biden was a crook, I suspect you'd find dozens of ways to rationalize it away, up to and including conspiracy theories, but if Rachel Maddow told you that Trump drinks the blood of puppies and her only evidence was a badly photo-shopped picture from The Onion, you'd be much more likely to buy it.

You'll admittedly have to find some other source other than Carlson, as he has a miserable record for unbiased, truthful reporting.
If Maddow said Trump engaged in canine vampirisms, I'd most certainly think she was in on The Onion's joke. Again, it's a matter of taking the source into consideration.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You'll admittedly have to find some other source other than Carlson, as he has a miserable record for unbiased, truthful reporting.
If Maddow said Trump engaged in canine vampirisms, I'd most certainly think she was in on The Onion's joke. Again, it's a matter of taking the source into consideration.

You're just proving my point, Maddow probably lies just as often as Carlson if not more so, and just like him, has had to claim in court that she does not provide straight news:

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-cour ... ws-viewers

Quote:
MSNBC's top-rated host Rachel Maddow devoted a segment in 2019 to accusing the right-wing cable outlet One America News (OAN) of being a paid propaganda outlet for the Kremlin. Discussing a Daily Beast article which noted that one OAN reporter was a "Russian national” who was simultaneously writing copy for the Russian-owned outlet Sputnik on a freelance contract, Maddow escalated the allegation greatly into a broad claim about OAN's real identity and purpose: “in this case,” she announced, “the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda."

In response, OAN sued Maddow, MSNBC, and its parent corporation Comcast, Inc. for defamation, alleging that it was demonstrably false that the network, in Maddow's words, “literally is paid Russian propaganda." In an oddly overlooked ruling, an Obama-appointed federal judge, Cynthia Bashant, dismissed the lawsuit on the ground that even Maddow's own audience understands that her show consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them (“literally is paid Russian propaganda").

In concluding that Maddow's statement would be understood even by her own viewers as non-factual, the judge emphasized that what Maddow does in general is not present news but rather hyperbole and exploitation of actual news to serve her liberal activism:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 3:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.

I find it amusing.

There was no coup.

Trump liked the idea of pulling out of NATO, but had met with too much resistance.

Also, the idea of other NATO countries not pulling their own weight is way overblown by the right.

Could you supply a link?
Serious question.

Kraichgauer wrote:
There certainly was a coup. Why do you think the whole thing took place in the first place? And while Pence couldn't have realistically stopped the election results, Trump and company certainly believed they could have at least had the results sent back to the states, where Trump tried to pressure local officials to change the election results.
A violent lunatic is a violent lunatic. I recall how the right tried to dismiss the November 6 violence off as Antifa guerilla theater.
Krook in Tobruk? What and what? The election was legitimate and legal. The Republicans are just sore losers. The fact that they don't want to accept the results of the election, and are willing to come up with the most outlandish explanations for why it wasn't, tells me that they potentially pose a genuine threat to American democracy.

The "Krook in Tobruk" comment was about the American voting system being broken
A 10 million vote advantage is a sure indication that the majority wanted Biden, not Trump.
As I see it, your Electoral Colledge Voting System is krook (crook) and needs to be amended, imo. 8)

Regarding "sore losers":
How many times do I have to remind you about the 4-year dummy-spit by the Democrats when Hillary lost. :mrgreen:

There is no point in us discussing these things any longer.
We have been here a number of times.
It is now time to agree to disagree.
I will try if you try. :wink: