Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Too bad he didn't do it before abusing, terrifying, and murdering Gabby.

Please support her family's foundation to support all DV and relationship abuse survivors, or to seek help and resources for yourself if you're in a difficult situation. They're amazing people. I'm astounded by their composure and their willingness to help others - men, women, children, and all the forgotten missing people / cold case files around America.

I wouldn't get upset over the death of that unpleasant woman, nor donate a penny. Watch the video of the couple's interaction with the police. I'm calling it now, though you won't hear about it in the mainstream: she was very much an abuser herself and likely the primary abuser in that relationship, given how he takes the abuse without complaint and tries to protect her from a domestic violence charge. A very likely scenario of her death is she was busy physically abusing the hell out of him as usual and he finally snapped and killed her. If he were a she (and alive) no doubt everyone would be talking about battered woman syndrome. Do not give money to this farce.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm

You're free to have your own opinion.

In any interpretation, she was murdered and not him.

She was murdered in a domestic relationship. If he was having difficulty with rage emotions, he could have left her.

In any event, the foundation isn't about her.

It's about raising money and awareness for all people dealing with DV and abuse, including battered boys and men.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:57 pm

It's like a foundation for sexually abused children made to honour the memory of Joseph Rosenbaum.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 9:54 pm

if only they'd never met.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 10:50 pm

Mikah wrote:
It's like a foundation for sexually abused children made to honour the memory of Joseph Rosenbaum.

Interesting, if I made fun of sexually abused kids I'd be given a permanent holiday from WP.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 11:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Interesting, if I made fun of sexually abused kids I'd be given a permanent holiday from WP.

(THIS)

... or murder victims who were gaslighted and dismissed by police. ^

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 6:30 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

This just doesn't make sense in the context of the police video. If you're not going to watch it here is a quick rundown: Their van is swerving all over the road, police pull them over. Through questioning police learn Petito was scratching Laundrie's face and yanking the steering wheel while he was driving. This is confirmed by both parties and by the bloody marks all over his face and eyes.

The police by law have to take Petito away as the obvious perpetrator of domestic violence and they say so several times, but they concoct a way just to ignore the law and let her off, Laundrie defending her, as many victims do, all the way.

cyberdad wrote:

Fortunate then, that I am obviously not making fun of them. Fortunate too, the mods here are clever enough to see through this lame attempt to get me banned.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 10:30 am

My opinion, and that’s all it is, an opinion ,is that they were both abusive to each other.Things got way out of hand and he lost it, killing her.
My son was in a relationship very similar, they both were horrid to each other, both were guilty of throwing things at each other and physical harm.
I am very relieved they are no longer an item.She is a very petite girl and he is a large man, so it could have been disastrous.
It’s a tragedy for both families.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 11:08 am

Misslizard wrote:
My opinion, and that’s all it is, an opinion ,is that they were both abusive to each other.Things got way out of hand and he lost it, killing her.
My son was in a relationship very similar, they both were horrid to each other, both were guilty of throwing things at each other and physical harm.
I am very relieved they are no longer an item.She is a very petite girl and he is a large man, so it could have been disastrous.

I figure at this point the only people who'd really know how their relationship was looking before the road-trip would be Laundrie's parents who they were living with. But not sure they plan on shining any light on that.

Either way I still think its cowardly he went and shot himself instead of facing responsibility, since well he killed her...she didn't kill him.

I agree it is a tragedy for both families.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 11:25 am

Mikah wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

This just doesn't make sense in the context of the police video. If you're not going to watch it here is a quick rundown: Their van is swerving all over the road, police pull them over. Through questioning police learn Petito was scratching Laundrie's face and yanking the steering wheel while he was driving. This is confirmed by both parties and by the bloody marks all over his face and eyes.

The police by law have to take Petito away as the obvious perpetrator of domestic violence and they say so several times, but they concoct a way just to ignore the law and let her off, Laundrie defending her, as many victims do, all the way.

cyberdad wrote:

Fortunate then, that I am obviously not making fun of them. Fortunate too, the mods here are clever enough to see through this lame attempt to get me banned.

He didn't even seem phased by whatever had been going on in the van, Petito was clearly visibly upset and afraid. Her behavior more matched that of a victim than his did. Also, what about the part where she says he was grabbing her and shows how he gipped her face but then unconvincingly/frantically insists 'but he didn't hit me.' that kind of looks like her defending him. And you watched the hour long one, not just the shorter clip?

Even with all that if you think she really was the sole perpetrator and he's the, victim then sure that's just your opinion.

As for that last remark, I tend to agree with those who find it inappropriate but it's just my opinion.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 11:35 am

A lot of victim-blaming and second-guessing going on in this thread.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 11:35 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I figure at this point the only people who'd really know how their relationship was looking before the road-trip would be Laundrie's parents who they were living with. But not sure they plan on shining any light on that.

Either way I still think its cowardly he went and shot himself instead of facing responsibility, since well he killed her...she didn't kill him.

I agree it is a tragedy for both families.

He did take the easy way out.
If I accidentally killed someone I loved in a fit of rage,it’s a real possibility that I would kill myself.I would never be able to get the image out of my head.
It did leave her family hanging, they will never know exactly what happened and will always wonder about her last minutes.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 12:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
He didn't even seem phased by whatever had been going on in the van, Petito was clearly visibly upset and afraid. Her behavior more matched that of a victim than his did. Also, what about the part where she says he was grabbing her and shows how he gipped her face but then unconvincingly/frantically insists 'but he didn't hit me.' that kind of looks like her defending him. And you watched the hour long one, not just the shorter clip?

You're not reading them very well, you can read a great deal about both people from that video: she obviously has an anger problem.
She's upset and afraid because she fears she is about to face consequences for her actions - she is not afraid of Laundrie.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Even with all that if you think she really was the sole perpetrator and he's the, victim then sure that's just your opinion.

I don't know about sole perpetrator, but likely the primary one. I have little doubt she instigated the violence that got her killed and I have very little sympathy for abusers who end up dead at their partner's hands.

"You slapped him first? And just on his face?"
"Well, he kept telling me to shut up"
"Did he hit you, though? I mean, it's OK if you're saying you hit him, and then I understand if he hit you, but we want to know the truth if he actually hit you, because you know..."
"I guess, I guess, yeah, but I hit him first,"

How truthful this statement of hers is, I am not sure, but remember that there are no marks on her at all, while there are marks all over his face. Maybe if the police had done their jobs properly they would both be separated and alive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 12:33 pm

Mikah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

You're not reading them very well, you can read a great deal about both people from that video: she obviously has an anger problem.
She's upset and afraid because she fears she is about to face consequences for her actions - she is not afraid of Laundrie.

Sweetleaf wrote:

I don't know about sole perpetrator, but likely the primary one. I have little doubt she instigated the violence that got her killed and I have very little sympathy for abusers who end up dead at their partner's hands.

"You slapped him first? And just on his face?"
"Well, he kept telling me to shut up"
"Did he hit you, though? I mean, it's OK if you're saying you hit him, and then I understand if he hit you, but we want to know the truth if he actually hit you, because you know..."
"I guess, I guess, yeah, but I hit him first,"

How truthful this statement of hers is, I am not sure, but remember that there are no marks on her at all, while there are marks all over his face. Maybe if the police had done their jobs properly they would both be separated and alive.

She seemed afraid before she even got out of the van, before she knew they'd try and charge her with anything. Also seems there is the witness statement where he was seen hitting her before they got in the van at an earlier point(even though later the police disregarded that). Also, though Landrie is not afraid or upset at all which seems questionable if she was the one aggressing him.

I can agree the police should have done their job properly and actually separated them, that at least there is no debate about.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
She seemed afraid before she even got out of the van, before she knew they'd try and charge her with anything.

She knows what she did and that she might have to pay for it. Guilty people are afraid long before the police actually announce charges.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also seems there is the witness statement where he was seen hitting her before they got in the van at an earlier point(even though later the police disregarded that). Also, though Landrie is not afraid or upset at all which seems questionable if she was the one aggressing him.

Because... *drum roll* he's innocent, at least in that particular situation.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:19 pm

Mikah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
She seemed afraid before she even got out of the van, before she knew they'd try and charge her with anything.

She knows what she did and that she might have to pay for it. Guilty people are afraid long before the police actually announce charges.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also seems there is the witness statement where he was seen hitting her before they got in the van at an earlier point(even though later the police disregarded that). Also, though Landrie is not afraid or upset at all which seems questionable if she was the one aggressing him.

Because... *drum roll* he's innocent, at least in that particular situation.

Well, I suppose we're never going to agree on that.

Also, you'd think an abuser would do anything they could to appear they did not do anything wrong, wheras she immediately tried to take all the blame.