Just when you thought anti-vaxxers couldn't get more insane.

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 6:49 pm

Anti-vaxxers try to undo their vaccines!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-vaccin ... 08317.html

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 7:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Anti-vaxxers try to undo their vaccines!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-vaccin ... 08317.html

Sounds like some of the wackier autism "cures". These people really have no clue how vaccination and the immune system work.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 7:53 pm

Of course they don't. And worse, they don't want to.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 8:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Of course they don't. And worse, they don't want to.

I concur, but IMO paranoia is also a factor in the beliefs of these morons.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 12:54 am

Our local Australian anti-vaxxers are threatening ministers

This photo is only a few hours old.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 2:33 am

I have never thought that any manner of nutter couldn't somehow get more insane.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 2:33 am

Has anyone researched genuine concerns about vaccination?
To suggest *everyone* has only irrational reasons is a binary.
There was a moral issue for some people, as an example. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 2:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
Some of Our local Australian anti-vaxxers are threatening ministers

Fixed it. 8)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 2:54 am

Pepe wrote:

The article is literally about eating borax to "kill nanomachines" and eating epsom salt and baking soda to "absorb radiation".

Sounds irrational to me 8)

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Fixed it. 8)

A fine solution to a problem that didn't exist. They are anti-vaxxers. They are threatening officials. Therefore, antivaxxers are threatening officials. You mighta had a point if it said ALL antivaxxers did, or that antivaxxers UNIVERSALLY did - quite literally, without getting into potentially subjective and biased words like "many" or "some" or "few", which may be construed as misleading to imply more or less, it simply states, clearly, that "anti-vaxxers threatened officials", meaning that people threatened officials, and those people were anti-vaxxers, without potentially skewing the issue by getting into how "many" or "few" there are.

I'm surprised that someone so incredibly impartial and unbiased didn't pick up on that, and felt the need to editorialize things.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:25 am

Well at least they are taking the vaccine then...?

I mean at this point so long as they take the vaccine I am past caring about what toxic things they want to put in or on their body. Sure shove that borax up your ass...it'll totally own liberal leftists like me. :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:41 am

Pepe wrote:

I have to ask what legitimate concerns they have. What I think it boils down to is that the vaccine has become politicized, and the right has rationalized the irrational as a way to resist liberalism.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I have to ask what legitimate concerns they have. What I think it boils down to is that the vaccine has become politicized, and the right has rationalized the irrational as a way to resist liberalism.

well half the right are probably flat earthers to, sometimes I do wonder if they are snorting lead. F**K what f they start doing that to cure it now....because they think this comment is reverse psychology or something. Please don't snort lead seriously this is not a code to use lead to cure your vaccine. Not you I figure your smart enough not to smoke lead but with some of the things these Trump wingers pull I would not be terribly shocked if eating or injecting lead became a thing among them.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 2:59 pm

As a person who does research on materials to make nanobots, borax will not get rid of them in the human body if they were ever in there. Large doses of high radiation might damage them, but it would also kill off the living cells. Maybe the anti-vaxxers can go that route next: drinking radioactive waste. Unfortunately they would contaminate everything around them when the go.

In all seriousness, the general public really needs an education on science. We have let their knowledge degrade too far now. There is no nanobots in the vaccine. We cannot make them that small without them being easily detectable, nor in massive quantities needed for every shot. The more complicated functionality of current nanobots would require that they be at least the size of a protein strand to be able to actually do much at all.

Yes, you can make them much smaller, but that also greatly limits their abilities. For example, nanocars and nanotrucks were built nearly twenty years ago at Rice University. They only roll well on a perfectly flat surface such as a sheet of gold atoms. The motion can be controlled with temperature changes. They would be almost useless in the human body, as they would not have a good surface to move on. Same could be said for rotor molecules at this current time.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well at least they are taking the vaccine then...?

I mean at this point so long as they take the vaccine I am past caring about what toxic things they want to put in or on their body. Sure shove that borax up your ass...it'll totally own liberal leftists like me. :roll:

You might want to patent that idea as a product. It might sell well as a borax-based suppository/plug to that crowd.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:28 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The article is literally about eating borax to "kill nanomachines" and eating epsom salt and baking soda to "absorb radiation".

Sounds irrational to me 8)

You got me. 8O

My aim is to try to mitigate the "Hatefest" that is a problem on this website.
"Hate begets hate." 8)

uncommondenominator wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Fixed it. 8)

A fine solution to a problem that didn't exist. They are anti-vaxxers. They are threatening officials. Therefore, antivaxxers are threatening officials. You mighta had a point if it said ALL antivaxxers did, or that antivaxxers UNIVERSALLY did - quite literally, without getting into potentially subjective and biased words like "many" or "some" or "few", which may be construed as misleading to imply more or less, it simply states, clearly, that "anti-vaxxers threatened officials", meaning that people threatened officials, and those people were anti-vaxxers, without potentially skewing the issue by getting into how "many" or "few" there are.

I'm surprised that someone so incredibly impartial and unbiased didn't pick up on that, and felt the need to editorialize things.

Now that I have explained where I am coming from, you should no longer be "surprised". :mrgreen:

Your suggestion that I am not being impartial is now null and void, as you can see.
I do try to see both sides of the "equation".
I have a problem with hyperpartisanship. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I admit I was off-topic.
I just wanted to make the point I mentioned above. 8)

Rational people, on either side of the political divide, will still use their critical thinking skills to determine their decision making.
I really don't think this is a binary situation *in an overall sense* when it comes to "antivaxing".
There are *extremists* on both sides. 8)

But, yes, these particular people come from the wacky side of town. 8O :mrgreen: