Page 16 of 18 [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:49 am

Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yes, conspiracy theorists, believers in fringe science, QAnonians, MAGA-ites, Trumpists, et cetera . . .
I am two hours into it and I have yet to see any of that. Just a lot of concerned Doctors.
. . . people who say they are doctors.
That's pretty easy to verify, each speaker has an short introduction regarding their career and experience. If any of them have done that, we will hear about it very shortly in the media. Headlines like "Fake doctor embarrasses anti-vaxx senator etc".
Unless the only people who care to even notice the video are members of an unrelated social website.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 10:58 am

Fnord wrote:
Unless the only people who care to even notice the video are members of an unrelated social website.

That seems unlikely, I have a low opinion of journalism at the moment, but this is an official senate hearing from what I can gather and on a very contentious topic. Some journo somewhere is paying attention. Not to mention the senator himself gives the introductions, I suspect his own people will have done some background checking on these speakers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:01 am

Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
That seems unlikely, I have a low opinion of journalism at the moment, but this is an official senate hearing from what I can gather and on a very contentious topic. Some journo somewhere is paying attention. Not to mention the senator himself gives the introductions, I suspect his own people will have done some background checking on these speakers.
While I suspect his own people have thoroughly briefed those speakers on what paid testimonials to give.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:03 am

Fnord wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yes, conspiracy theorists, believers in fringe science, QAnonians, MAGA-ites, Trumpists, et cetera . . .
I am two hours into it and I have yet to see any of that. Just a lot of concerned Doctors.
. . . people who say they are doctors.
That's pretty easy to verify, each speaker has an short introduction regarding their career and experience. If any of them have done that, we will hear about it very shortly in the media. Headlines like "Fake doctor embarrasses anti-vaxx senator etc".

Seriously , you need to give up this fight, in light of the facts involved . You cannot fabricate scientific facts presented . Some of the opinions are based in basic biological facts of how things really work in virology.
The hysteria needs to end regarding Covid . Maybe then it can be addressed more effectively.

where ever you go ,there you are

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:05 am

Fnord wrote:
While I suspect his own people have thoroughly briefed those speakers on what paid testimonials to give.

Good faith debate really is dead in the U.S. isn't it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:06 am

Jakki wrote:
. . . The hysteria needs to end regarding Covid.  Maybe then it can be addressed more effectively.
Agreed.  The anti-mask, anti-vaccine covid deniers need to STFU* and let real science deal with the pandemic.

*STFU = "Shut Their Faces Up"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:07 am

Mikah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Good faith debate really is dead in the U.S. isn't it?
Why bother when "good faith" involves anti-mask, anti-vaccine covid deniers embracing false science?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:11 am

Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:
. . . The hysteria needs to end regarding Covid.  Maybe then it can be addressed more effectively.
Agreed.  The anti-mask, anti-vaccine covid deniers need to STFU* and let real science deal with the pandemic.

That just proves what I've said a couple of times. There is no middle ground for conversation on this issue. Either you're all in for the official narrative, or you're anti-vaxx.

You're a living example of what I'm talking about. Thank you!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:12 am

All that is missing now is Brictoria.  I wonder if he was ever vaccinated.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:13 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:

That just proves what I've said a couple of times. There is no middle ground for conversation on this issue. Either you're all in for the official narrative, or you're anti-vaxx.

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:15 am

Mikah wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

Amen.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:23 am

Good gravy. Who has five hours to devote to conspiracy theory videos!?!?
Is there a TL;DR, or am I better off remaining ignorant?

BTW, this isn't the politics forum, guys.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 11:32 am

Your embarrassing yourself …. What we have is the so called results of what we are being fed is some kind of science. About how this is currently addressed .It’s over . There is no supporting science for the way things currently are , Even damaging the population at large given current protocols , Professionals in the vid are presenting actual facts .

My so called infection was treated
with a very strong but standard antibiotic. Which after intensive administration and support therapy , cleared me to leave the hospital in 10 days . It seems this is a infection but not as what we have been led to believe , but it is creating complications in treating underlying situations. And could easily have died from the actual MRSA infection.
That was shutting down both of my lungs . But I think the Covid might be responsible for my change of taste ?
But coming as close as I did , who could say, it could be the antibiotic they administered.

( BTW this is a discussion on the science behind this subject not the politics, but it did take a politician to get it into the public eye.)

where ever you go ,there you are

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Jan 2022, 1:09 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
Some posts deliberately promoting misinformation have been removed.

I'd also like to leave a reminder that it's possible to make a point or counter-argument without also making it an attack or argumentative; it's getting a bit heated here.

Thread unlocked.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 10:25 pm

I have been triple vaxed, wear a mask, distance myself and wash/sanitize my hands frequently etc. All the same I think there's a lot of political nonsense involved regarding covid. And I don't blame people for not wanting to get vaxed etc.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 1:02 pm

WHO says new omicron BA.2 subvariant will rise globally, but scientists don’t know if it can reinfect people

Quote:
The World Health Organization expects a more transmissible version of omicron to increase in circulation around the world, though it’s not yet clear if the Covid subvariant can reinfect people who caught an earlier version of the omicron strain.

Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s Covid-19 technical lead, said Tuesday the global health agency is tracking four different versions of omicron. Van Kerkhove said the BA.2 subvariant, which is more contagious than the currently dominant BA.1 version, will likely become more common.

“BA.2 is more transmissible than BA.1 so we expect to see BA.2 increasing in detection around the world,” Van Kerkhove said during a question-and-answer session livestreamed on the WHO’s social media platforms Tuesday.

The WHO is monitoring BA.2 to see if the subvariant causes an increase of new infections in countries that saw a rapid rise and then a sharp decline in omicron cases, she said.

Van Kerkhove emphasized that there’s no indication of a difference in the severity of infections caused by either subvariant, though she noted that research is ongoing.

Researchers in Denmark have found found that BA.2 is about 1.5 times more transmissible than BA.1 and it is more adept at infecting people who are vaccinated and even boosted. However, people who are fully vaccinated are less likely to spread it than the unvaccinated.

Van Kerkhove said the shots remain highly effective at preventing severe disease and death, though they don’t prevent all infections.

Most states in the U.S. have confirmed the presence of BA.2, though it’s circulating at a low level with 460 total cases confirmed so far, according to an international data base that tracks Covid variants.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman