Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:22 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
If she wore that in Australia she'd be laughed off the street.

You mean if I look for images and videos of women wearing fur coats in Australia, I won't find any?

Lol I'm pretty sure that means you already have.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:06 pm

If that fur hag strutted down the street in Melbourne she would certainly cop it, people would be telling her what they thought of her.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:14 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
If that fur hag strutted down the street in Melbourne she would certainly cop it, people would be telling her what they thought of her.

What some bogan stuffed full of Vegemite? She is worth a million of them.

Last edited by Axeman on 27 Dec 2021, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:15 pm

Axeman wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

What some bogan stuffed full of Vegimite? She is worth a million of them.

As if.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:19 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

What some bogan stuffed full of Vegimite? She is worth a million of them.

As if.

Oh I know an Aborigine with a boomerang stuffed in his pants.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 7:47 pm

People don't wear real fur anymore. It's nearly all very good synthetics.

And the woman's fur hat ... OK, that is just funny to look at. That was in style in, hm, in maybe the 1960's?

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 27 Dec 2021, 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 7:53 pm

Sounds like more "smash and grabs," similar to what has been going on in other cities. It is my understanding that these are highly sophisticated gangs and my guess is that the best solution is catching them trying to resell the goods. In other words, sophisticated surveillance or tracking, and detective work. A heavier police presence in the stores could put innocent shoppers in danger; it isn't like they would be able to safely "take down" the criminals. Definitely a problem how this has been spreading.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 7:54 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:

Also you seem far more upset with this woman and how she is dressed than the thieves robbing these stores. Why. She isn't a criminal and has done nothing illegal. She has the right to live as she does without some malcontent accosting her on the street.

Last edited by Axeman on 27 Dec 2021, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 7:56 pm

Axeman wrote:
She has the right to live as she does without some malcontent accosting her on the street.

That she does.

(I don't get to agree with you often)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Sounds like more "smash and grabs," similar to what has been going on in other cities. It is my understanding that these are highly sophisticated gangs and my guess is that the best solution is catching them trying to resell the goods. In other words, sophisticated surveillance or tracking, and detective work. A heavier police presence in the stores could put innocent shoppers in danger; it isn't like they would be able to safely "take down" the criminals. Definitely a problem how this has been spreading.

There is nothing sophisticated about these thieves. They just rush in, grab all they can, and rush out. Their numbers discourage pursuit or people fighting back. They don't care one bit about being filmed because the police do almost nothing to investigate these crimes.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:01 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
People don't wear real fur anymore. It's nearly all very good synthetics.

And the woman's fur hat ... OK, that is just funny to look at. That was in style in, hm, in maybe the 1960's?

I love top hats and wish they would come back in fashion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:30 pm

Axeman wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

Also you seem far more upset with this woman and how she is dressed than the thieves robbing these stores. Why. She isn't a criminal and has done nothing illegal. She has the right to live as she does without some malcontent accosting her on the street.

She does but her hat is hilarious.

BTW smash and grab is common everywhere. Not sure what's so special about this one other than it's a high end luxury store. As I said, slow news day.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

She does but her hat is hilarious.

BTW smash and grab is common everywhere. Not sure what's so special about this one other than it's a high end luxury store. As I said, slow news day.

This crap has been a major issue in Chicago for years now. It's on a scale there to dwarf most others.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:51 pm

Axeman wrote:

This crap has been a major issue in Chicago for years now. It's on a scale there to dwarf most others.

You probably need to elect a mayor like NY's Guiliani who was very tough on crime

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 12:11 am

Every major city has crime. Not sure why it's extra special that some store in Chiraq got robbed - unless maybe the point was to highlight that no one got shot ? :?

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 12:21 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Every major city has crime. Not sure why it's extra special that some store in Chiraq got robbed - unless maybe the point was to highlight that no one got shot ? :?

The thieves should be shot. Just have the National Guard set up machine guns and shoot them dead.