Page 3 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 6:49 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
His receipt acknowledged that the order should not contain peanut butter.

However, the girls say his order did not say "peanut allergy", which would let them know to use special blenders to avoid possible peanut contamination from previous orders.

Iannazzo said. “He collapsed at our home while drinking the smoothie from Robek’s, which contained some sort of nut product, after I had advised them of his nut allergy when I ordered his drink.”

His word against theirs. However I think it's likely he would have stressed it as a matter of routine considering the severity of the allergy. But I agree that just "no peanut butter" on the receipt is not clear enough and should have said "peanut allergy ". My original point though was, from his perspective a kid his son's age messed up and caused harm to another kid. I mean I doubt he thought it was intentional.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 25 Jan 2022, 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 7:00 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but at the same time I'm pretty sure even before the internet companies didn't want to be saddled with an employee who made headlines by doing something egregious. Granted that these days, it's a lot easier to make headlines for egregious behavior. Although that said, by now most everyone should know that acting out in such a way, has a very good chance of going viral, making them world infamous and costing them their job.

I guess I'm just more forgiving in light of the kid in the hospital, I consider that a mitigating factor, he wasn't in his right mind when he had the meltdown, which is what I'd call this. I'll reconsider if the guy has a history of similar incidents or something, that would be different, but if this an isolated event, they ought to drop the charges and give him his job back.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 7:05 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
However I think it's likely he would have stressed it as a matter of routine considering the severity of the allergy.

As a longstanding restaurant guy, that's been my experience, people with those allergies tend to be fairly emphatic about them, as they should be with a life threatening issue like anaphylactic shock. That's a chef's nightmare right there, actually poisoning someone and putting them in the hospital, I think you could even be criminally liable if they could show flagrant enough negligence, to say nothing of the civil liability.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 7:17 am

Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
However I think it's likely he would have stressed it as a matter of routine considering the severity of the allergy.

As a longstanding restaurant guy, that's been my experience, people with those allergies tend to be fairly emphatic about them, as they should be with a life threatening issue like anaphylactic shock. That's a chef's nightmare right there, actually poisoning someone and putting them in the hospital, I think you could even be criminally liable if they could show flagrant enough negligence, to say nothing of the civil liability.

Update: He admitted he never told the employees about his son's allergy, but says he did ask for the smoothie without peanut butter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny.com ... /11504210/

Well there goes the potential lawsuit imo.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 7:23 am

Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but at the same time I'm pretty sure even before the internet companies didn't want to be saddled with an employee who made headlines by doing something egregious. Granted that these days, it's a lot easier to make headlines for egregious behavior. Although that said, by now most everyone should know that acting out in such a way, has a very good chance of going viral, making them world infamous and costing them their job.

I guess I'm just more forgiving in light of the kid in the hospital, I consider that a mitigating factor, he wasn't in his right mind when he had the meltdown, which is what I'd call this. I'll reconsider if the guy has a history of similar incidents or something, that would be different, but if this an isolated event, they ought to drop the charges and give him his job back.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with what I think is their POV, which is, he's too infamous now for them to want to be associated with him. Maybe later if he comes out of this smelling like roses, they'd reconsider.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:33 am

I wouldn't assume someone who is ranting has a gun----even in America.

We're not in the Wild West any longer.

I would agree that the guy should have sought legal counsel, rather than go on a rant in this manner.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:51 am

Dox47 wrote:
give him his job back.

In today's world, you cannot publicly use perceived racist language like, "immigrant loser" and keep your Fortune 500 job.

Be the hero of your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:16 am

Especially since the vast majority of "immigrants" aren't "losers."

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Tell that to the kids at Sandy Hook Elementary School (about 30 miles or so from where this took place). Tell that to the concert goers in Vegas. You can't assume that someone screaming uncontrollably like that doesn't have a gun.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 12:58 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
give him his job back.

In today's world, you cannot publicly use perceived racist language like, "immigrant loser" and keep your Fortune 500 job.

As has been seen umpteen times. Really just being obnoxious and talking down to customer service people is enough as seen in the video below. It's easy to miss that it starts out with the person saying "I work for the governor".

She was eventually fired.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... plane.html

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:07 pm

Minuteman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Tell that to the kids at Sandy Hook Elementary School (about 30 miles or so from where this took place). Tell that to the concert goers in Vegas. You can't assume that someone screaming uncontrollably like that doesn't have a gun.

There's no time to make assumptions either way.

If some psycho goes off on you, and comes at you, you're in danger.

Self-protection first. Questions later.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Minuteman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

There's no time to make assumptions either way.

If some psycho goes off on you, and comes at you, you're in danger.

Self-protection first. Questions later.

In my job I have to deal with disturbed people all the time and you're completely right. Now I've gotten pretty good at reading people so I'm able to deal with them. There have been a few that I have just immediately called the police on because I didn't think it was safe to engage with them. I think those who don't have that kind of experience should do exactly as you said, because the person going psycho could easily have a gun or some other sort of weapon. Also it can take several police officers to subdue someone on drugs, so you don't want to end up in a physical altercation with someone like that, unless you want to end up in the hospital or the morgue.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 1:27 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Update: He admitted he never told the employees about his son's allergy, but says he did ask for the smoothie without peanut butter.

Yes if he told them about the allergy, they would have been more careful with following the instructions and maybe use a different machine. I have had to go back to McDonalds and tell them how my son is upset and he wanted a plain hamburger, cheese, the patti, and the bun and they fix it and apologize. I do it kindly and I don't scream at them. If I were on the road, I would stop at another McDonalds and rebuy the hamburgers and have my son check them before I leave. I actually do have him double check them before I hit the road again.

He could have also complained to the cooperation and if it was a private business, he could have done a Karen move by asking top speak to the manager. Not go in and yell and scream at them and then saying something racist.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:03 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Yes if he told them about the allergy, they would have been more careful with following the instructions and maybe use a different machine. I have had to go back to McDonalds and tell them how my son is upset and he wanted a plain hamburger, cheese, the patti, and the bun and they fix it and apologize. I do it kindly and I don't scream at them. If I were on the road, I would stop at another McDonalds and rebuy the hamburgers and have my son check them before I leave. I actually do have him double check them before I hit the road again.

He could have also complained to the cooperation and if it was a private business, he could have done a Karen move by asking top speak to the manager. Not go in and yell and scream at them and then saying something racist.

I would say something like "if there's even a trace of peanuts in this, it could kill the person I'm ordering it for because they have a severe allergy". Not just "hold the peanut butter".

He did actually say "I want to speak to the f***ing manager". Although I didn't catch that until I listend again.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 25 Jan 2022, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:09 pm

According to the Robeks menu, they only have 4 smoothies that contain peanut butter.

P-NUT POWER PLUS
NUTS ABOUT PROTEIN
NUTTY ACAI
800 LB GORILLA

https://robeks.com/menu

And it seems likely that he ordered one of those, because why would he say "no peanut butter" for something that didn't come with peanut butter?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:45 pm

If I were the parent of a child with a peanut allergy I would probably loose it after a while too because of the stress of walking your child through what has to be a culinary mine field.