Neil Young's music removed from Spotify

Page 12 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 5:16 am

Misslizard wrote:
Yeah ,but some people use it like one.

So what if they do? There's tons of useful information there, I fire it up every time I need to fix something I'm not familiar with, treating the platform as tainted because some videos aren't true is just as nonsensical as treating all newspapers as garbage because tabloids exist.

Misslizard wrote:
Like they consider a podcast to be the place to get all their vital info.

Who is this "they" you speak of?

Misslizard wrote:
I’ve watched enough to know it’s tasteless ,(not just compilations), and he’s a meathead.

In the last week since we last had this conversation? I don't believe you. And the question wasn't whether he was tasteless or a meathead, it was whether he was a racist, which he's not.

Misslizard wrote:
A food critic or wine critic won’t finish a meal or a glass that’s swill.And I don’t have to watch every podcast he ever made to know he is.

False example, a food or wine critic isn't taking a single sip or bite and declaring that everything that came from that kitchen or winery was terrible, which is what you're doing with Rogan, and I suspect you haven't even taken the proverbial sip or bite.

Misslizard wrote:
If your only source is you, that’s not much.

My source isn't me, my source is the actual podcast under discussion, though the personal attack is noted.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:09 pm

Like you don’t do personal attacks. :lol:
Could care less if you believe me.I know I did and that’s all that matters to me.
You’re just upset because everyone doesn’t love your PodGod.
I never said YouTube was tainted.I watch it often.
Who?His mostly male fans,who seems to believe his every word because Joe said it.Rush out and get their monkey dumbbells and supplements just because Joe has one.
Yeah, he’s racist.
Your source , the podcast, proves he is.

https://www.indy100.com/amp/joe-rogan-c ... 2656583481

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:25 pm

Props to Rogan for having guests that are not afraid to speak truth to power. I watched an excerpt from yesterday's podcast where the guest, can't remember his name, was explaininf the U.S. backed genocide in Yemen. I already knew all about it, so I wasn't learning anything new. But you'll never see guests like that on CNN since they push pro-war propaganda 24/7.

This is why they continue to come at Rogan. They'll do anything in their power to shut down these voices. Rogan is a flawed human being like all of us. But I will stand up for him because if we don't keep pushing back against this type of censorship, we'll soon wake up in an Orwellian nigjtmare, (if we're not already there.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 6:14 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Like you don’t do personal attacks. :lol:

Point one out for me, I'm very careful to toe the line here.

Misslizard wrote:
Could care less if you believe me.I know I did and that’s all that matters to me.

Less than two weeks ago you said you couldn't even sit through one show, now you claim to have watched enough to form a representative sample; either you've been watching 24/7, or you're lying, and I don't think you've been watching at all.

Misslizard wrote:
You’re just upset because everyone doesn’t love your PodGod.

You think you're psychic now? That's a bit delusional, you should see someone about that. Notice that I've never said anything about Rogan being a great guy or anything, I've simply said he's not a racist and that the attacks on him are overblown and politically motivated, but since you seem to be having some issues with honesty in this thread between making untrue claims about both me and Rogan, perhaps I'm simply expecting too much from you regarding being truthful.

Misslizard wrote:
I never said YouTube was tainted.I watch it often.

You didn't use those exact word, but you sneered disparagingly at Youtube as a "source", despite the fact that Youtube does not generate their own content, and thus has no credibility either way, that being completely dependent on which videos from which creators you're watching. Try and backtrack all you want, it's right there in your previous posts, so all you're going to do here is dig yourself in as a liar.

Misslizard wrote:
Who?His mostly male fans,who seems to believe his every word because Joe said it.Rush out and get their monkey dumbbells and supplements just because Joe has one.

Do you actually know any Rogan fans, or are you just repeating stereotypes fed to you by those propaganda outlets you keep posting as if they're legitimate sources of information?

Misslizard wrote:
Yeah, he’s racist.
Your source , the podcast, proves he is.

How would you know given that you've barely watched it? What has he actually done that's racist? Even these hit pieces only show him mentioning slurs in conversation, not using them, and making or laughing at edgy jokes, there's no there there, unless you're using the moronic standard that all it takes to be "racist" is insensitivity rather than a belief in immutable racial differences.

Misslizard wrote:
https://www.indy100.com/amp/joe-rogan-chuck-johnson-podcast-2656583481

Once again, swallowing a media hit piece hook line and sinker; the clips from that one are all over Twitter right now, both the deceptively edited ones where the guest says some offensive things, and the full clips where Rogan pushes back pretty hard on his claims about black people being genetically predisposed to violence.

MisLiz, you're out of your depth here, you have no idea what you're talking about, and are too stubborn to let it go, even though all you're accomplishing is exposing your own dishonesty and ignorance. I've been told my repeated fisking of you looks "aggressive", and while I agree that it does look like I'm knife fighting a toddler and those aren't great optics, I'm going to keep doing it so long as you keep posting these ill informed, untruthful, and libelous attacks full of misinformation and baseless opinion presented as the obvious truth, and all you need to do to make it stop is to stop posting dumb things. If you continue to post obviously untrue garbage, I'm going to take that as a tacit agreement to these terms and respond accordingly, and it's only going to get worse from here on out.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 7:01 pm

I’m not obsessed enough to sift through all your past posts, but I’ve seen you bully other members before.Everyone has.
I don’t have to watch a movie or anything all the way through to know it’s not worth watching.
So calling someone a liar is not a personal attack lol.Again, I know I have watched enough.It’s only your opinion that I haven’t.
Sure your not upset ,maybe just permanently grumpy.
Some family listen.They have mixed feelings about him,The Elon Musk interview.
I don’t use twitter so I wouldn’t know.I guess you do.
I used several news sites,but any you don’t like are obviously “ propaganda”..If Rogan has such a big media presence, then he doses out his own propaganda.
After all he makes a pretty penny off it.
Not all of YouTube is a good source for info.And since I can’t see YouTube videos on this forum I have no idea what was posted so can make no judgement.
I’ve lived in the Deep South my whole life and I know racism when I see it or hear it.I’ve heard the Planet of the apes remark before, the Africa remark and the whole Black brains are different and N***** more times that I can count.
And guess who said all those things , racists.Maybe he shouldn’t talk like one and I’d believe him.
Toddler, lol ,my you ARE a narcissist aren’t you.Go ahead , do your best.Stab away with your spork.
Your truth seems to be a tolerance of racist attitudes.
And what’s the excuse for laughing that around twenty women were coerced by his sex addict guest to give blow jobs for work?If the guy really was an addict what’s funny about laughing at an addict?What’s funny about laughing at the victims of sexual assault?If that is your sense of humor , that says loads about you.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 7:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I’ve watched enough to know it’s tasteless ,(not just compilations), and he’s a meathead.

In the last week since we last had this conversation? I don't believe you. And the question wasn't whether he was tasteless or a meathead, it was whether he was a racist, which he's not.

It would be interesting to know which guest was on the podcast which Misslizard briefly sampled, which may have contributed to her reaction.

Given he has a range of guests from across the political spectrum, I'd guess she picked one as far from her political viewpoint as possible (or possibly one of those people who helped "initiate" the controversy, but whose views she does not share), rather than a person she'd likely agree with the views of, and this coloured her opinion.

But that's just a guess.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 7:25 pm

/\ That is possible.I didn’t care for him on Fear Factor, my son was a fan.His humor isn’t my type.
People should know better than to toss racial slurs around, if was in his eighties that language would be ingrained.Someone young, stupidity.He’s old enough to know better, and with a huge listening audience that it could come back and bite him on the ass.
Joey Diaz was the worst.,Alex Jones,( crazy),Elon Musk,the planet of apes one but I can’t remember the names of the other guys, clips with David Chappelle and a few other but sorry I can’t remember who.It just didn’t grab me in.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 7:47 pm

Crosby, Stills and Nash is an amazing group, with music I still listen too.

Crosby, Stills, Nash AND Young sucks. Young alone sucks...

Old, toothless, comb-over

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 7:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\ That is possible.I didn’t care for him on Fear Factor, my son was a fan.His humor isn’t my type.
People should know better than to toss racial slurs around, if was in his eighties that language would be ingrained.Someone young, stupidity.He’s old enough to know better, and with a huge listening audience that it could come back and bite him on the ass.
Joey Diaz was the worst.,Alex Jones,( crazy),Elon Musk,the planet of apes one but I can’t remember the names of the other guys, clips with David Chappelle and a few other but sorry I can’t remember who.It just didn’t grab me in.

It's probably too late to suggest that you try one of his episodes where he is talking with a person who you generally agree with, given how recent your experience with guests whose views you disliked was (I've not heard any of his podcasts, this is based on experience with other interviewers I've watched\listened to in the past), but it might be worth a try at some point in the future - It then won't feel as though 2 people are attacking you\your beliefs, but rather that Mr Rogan is asking another person about beliefs you may share (or be inclined to agree with) with the guest, and hearing the guest explain them, etc.

I find it best to get into those types of things slowly, rather than jumping in at the deep end.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 8:09 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It's probably too late to suggest that you try one of his episodes where he is talking with a person who you generally agree with, given how recent your experience with guests whose views you disliked was (I've not heard any of his podcasts, this is based on experience with other interviewers I've watched\listened to in the past), but it might be worth a try at some point in the future - It then won't feel as though 2 people are attacking you\your beliefs, but rather that Mr Rogan is asking another person about beliefs you may share (or be inclined to agree with) with the guest, and hearing the guest explain them, etc.

I find it best to get into those types of things slowly, rather than jumping in at the deep end.

Possibly, but I like I said, I’ve heard those type of racist remarks my whole life in Arkansas.They didn’t come from tolerant people, people that refer to Blacks as coons, porch monkeys, yardapes, etc…
Sounds like the Jim Crow era, he should know better.
Everyone has heard a clip or seen part of a Rogan show nowadays.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 8:16 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Possibly, but I like I said, I’ve heard those type of racist remarks my whole life in Arkansas.They didn’t come from tolerant people, people that refer to Blacks as coons, porch monkeys, yardapes, etc…
Sounds like the Jim Crow era, he should know better.
Everyone has heard a clip or seen part of a Rogan show nowadays.

Not everyone (after all, there are many people who don't speak english\don't have internet\etc.) - The closest I have come is seeing a section of the video playing while scrolling twitter in my browser, but I've never turned the sound up to listen to it.

At some stage I'll possibly listen to one of the podcasts, but until then I prefer not to have my views prejudiced by what I may hear in a carefully edited\selected excerpt from a much larger piece.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 8:42 pm

/\I should have specified everyone as in where I live.Many have satellite radio or carry their iPhone with them and listen to podcasts while driving.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 9:48 pm

Brictoria wrote:
The latest Joe Rogan outrage:

what? 9 year old me could say thats BS

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 10:16 pm

enz wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
The latest Joe Rogan outrage:

what? 9 year old me could say thats BS

And yet, many of those spoken to couldn't and were outraged by this...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 10:57 pm

From the New York Times.Only so many free articles and then there’s a pay wall.
Roxanne Gay ( has removed her podcast from Spotify)writes,
“There’s a difference between censorship and curation.” Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you can say whatever you want, without consequences,”
“When we say, as a society, that bigotry and misinformation are unacceptable, and that people who espouse those ideas don’t deserve access to significant platforms, that's curation,”
“We are expressing our taste and moral discernment, and saying what we find acceptable and what we do not.”

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 4:57 am

Wow, look at that flagrant racism on display, simply disgusting.