Ivermectin found to have "antiviral effect" with Covid virus

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2022, 11:43 am

Dox47 wrote:
Man I'm going to laugh if this damn stuff ends up working after all, I mean I don't have a horse in the race either way, but the amount of crow the mainstream press and medical establishment would have to eat would be unprecedented.

The press will ignore any calls for them to acknowledge they did anything ever, because they're not about self-awareness or acknowledging they might be at fault, they're about selling tomorrow's headlines. The medical establishment will say "We were never about to greenlight or promote something untested no matter how much people howled; that's just standard practice."

The only annoyance will be people who *did* run around promoting untested, probably unsafe chemical consumption crowing that they accidentally almost got something nearly vaguely in the ballpark for once, and therefore all the other dangerous things they're telling people to do are therefore correct.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I never said you were a Republican, just that I disagree with many of your views.

So, if I dig through the archives and find a post of you calling me a Republican, will you admit it was you and that you're incorrect, or will you employ the Joy Reid defense and claim the site was hacked?

Digging through years and years of posts is truly anal.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:16 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
While supporters of Ivermectin use this to crow about how the mainstream media won't report on it's alleged benefits, said Ivermectin supporters still won't promote the Covid vaccine, which has been proven to be medically sound. On the contrary, they continue to vomit out-and-out lies about how the vaccine is supposedly dangerous.

Wrong. You can acknowledge the benefits of Ivermectin, and also acknowledge the benefits of vaccines.

Why do you always have to be so divisive with most of your comments? No need to answer, that was a rhetorical question.

I've heard very few defenders of cow dewormer also defend the legitimacy of the vaccine. In fact, they're the same people coming up with the most insane lies about the vaccine.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:17 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I think the right, with all it's phobias directed at science, is more interested in owning the libs (believers in science) than with establishing sound scientific and medical principals.

And from this, we can all see that you have absolutely no understanding of "the right", instead projecting beliefs onto them which allow you another reason to attack them, rather than seeking an honest dialogue with them to gain a true understanding of their beliefs...

Really? The right wingers representing their movement come across as the lunatic fringe. I've heard little or nothing about wanting an "honest dialogue" about science, as it's such persons who don't trust or even believe in science. Maybe the rest of you on the right should be muzzling your wingnuts if you want the rest of us to take you seriously.

Not sure why you assume I'm on the "right" - The right of yourself, perhaps:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=391333&p=8631421#p8631421

I'm going by your posts, not by the results of some online test.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:19 pm

Dial1194 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Man I'm going to laugh if this damn stuff ends up working after all, I mean I don't have a horse in the race either way, but the amount of crow the mainstream press and medical establishment would have to eat would be unprecedented.

The press will ignore any calls for them to acknowledge they did anything ever, because they're not about self-awareness or acknowledging they might be at fault, they're about selling tomorrow's headlines. The medical establishment will say "We were never about to greenlight or promote something untested no matter how much people howled; that's just standard practice."

The only annoyance will be people who *did* run around promoting untested, probably unsafe chemical consumption crowing that they accidentally almost got something nearly vaguely in the ballpark for once, and therefore all the other dangerous things they're telling people to do are therefore correct.

thank you for just proving my argument about defenders of horse dewormer condemn the vaccine with facetious claims.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
While supporters of Ivermectin use this to crow about how the mainstream media won't report on it's alleged benefits, said Ivermectin supporters still won't promote the Covid vaccine, which has been proven to be medically sound. On the contrary, they continue to vomit out-and-out lies about how the vaccine is supposedly dangerous.

Wrong. You can acknowledge the benefits of Ivermectin, and also acknowledge the benefits of vaccines.

Why do you always have to be so divisive with most of your comments? No need to answer, that was a rhetorical question.

I've heard very few defenders of cow dewormer also defend the legitimacy of the vaccine. In fact, they're the same people coming up with the most insane lies about the vaccine.

You need to broaden your horizons. There are plenty of people out there who have removed themselves from the left/right paradigm. You might want to try it.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I think the right, with all it's phobias directed at science, is more interested in owning the libs (believers in science) than with establishing sound scientific and medical principals.

And from this, we can all see that you have absolutely no understanding of "the right", instead projecting beliefs onto them which allow you another reason to attack them, rather than seeking an honest dialogue with them to gain a true understanding of their beliefs...

Really? The right wingers representing their movement come across as the lunatic fringe. I've heard little or nothing about wanting an "honest dialogue" about science, as it's such persons who don't trust or even believe in science. Maybe the rest of you on the right should be muzzling your wingnuts if you want the rest of us to take you seriously.

Not sure why you assume I'm on the "right" - The right of yourself, perhaps:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=391333&p=8631421#p8631421

I'm going by your posts, not by the results of some online test.

I see the concept of being able to research and present a side in a discussion which you do not agree with has passed you by.

Given the site's population (and moderatorial team) has an overwhelmingly left bias (at least in "PPR" and "News"), I simply tailor my posts to address the views of the minority, in order to try and regain some semblence of balance\equality on the site - I'm fairly sure I've explained this at least once before...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 5:51 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You need to broaden your horizons. There are plenty of people out there who have removed themselves from the left/right paradigm. You might want to try it.

Perhaps I need to. But that doesn't negate the fact that Ivermectin defenders seemingly have chosen to go the anti-vax route.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 6:00 pm

Dial1194 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

The press will ignore any calls for them to acknowledge they did anything ever, because they're not about self-awareness or acknowledging they might be at fault, they're about selling tomorrow's headlines.

Unfortunately, I think this is true ^

Their primary interest lies in creating sensationalism, not in providing helpful information to the public.

They'll likely be on to whatever the next "big thing" is.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 6:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes there is a correlation between supporters of dewormer also being anti-mask, anti-vaccine

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 7:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

That didn't answer my question. Are you concerned about what I might find in your post history?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 8:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That didn't answer my question. Are you concerned about what I might find in your post history?

Feel free. But it's still anal.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 9:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I asked you if you would admit you were wrong if I could prove it, and rather than a yes or no answer, your response is to mock the effort to acquire proof, twice now. There's the obvious problem that you evidently consider basic fact checking to be "anal" and frivolous, which actually explains a lot about you, but it also points to your longstanding issue with honesty, ducking and rephrasing questions that will expose you as having been wrong to the point of absurdity. I don't even know if you know you're lying, at this point it looks more like cognitive dissonance than conscious deception, as I suspect that quite a bit of your identity is tied up in believing you're on the right side of everything, and so conflicting information that calls that into question has to be explained away lest it threaten your self image.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2022, 10:32 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I asked you if you would admit you were wrong if I could prove it, and rather than a yes or no answer, your response is to mock the effort to acquire proof, twice now. There's the obvious problem that you evidently consider basic fact checking to be "anal" and frivolous, which actually explains a lot about you, but it also points to your longstanding issue with honesty, ducking and rephrasing questions that will expose you as having been wrong to the point of absurdity. I don't even know if you know you're lying, at this point it looks more like cognitive dissonance than conscious deception, as I suspect that quite a bit of your identity is tied up in believing you're on the right side of everything, and so conflicting information that calls that into question has to be explained away lest it threaten your self image.

My stances and opinions rest entirely on circumstance, not a rigid, black-and-white notion of right and wrong. So that being the case, you could take something I had written in the past that might seem to contradict what I've since posted, disregarding the circumstance of the time. Regardless, there's no stopping you from trying to defame me, so search your little heart's content through my posts.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Feb 2022, 5:59 am

! Cornflake wrote:
If this sniping and criticism of supposed motives for posting continues the thread will be locked.

If you have issues with what's said, address what's said - without making it personal.
If you're incapable of doing that, say nothing.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Feb 2022, 6:14 am

^^^ 100% in agreement with Cornflake's remarks.

My friend has had both his jabs and waiting for when he's due for a booster shot, which his elderly folks have already had. Yet he's done meticulous research on Ivermectin and other potential treatments that were doing the rounds as well. He was trying to source some before before the vaccines arrived in South Africa, but it was not easily obtainable. Being open minded about all aspects of efficacious treatment is a good thing. I feel it's a pity that a public health issue such as this pandemic, wound up being so politicised.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/