George Zimmerman loses defamation suit agnst Martin family

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 7:50 pm

Dox47 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure why he initiated a confrontation that caused the child to need to defend himself and I'm not sure why he chose to escalate the conflict he initiated but none of those details are needed to recognize it as a miscarriage of justice.

The miscarriage was that he was charged at all in light of the evidence supporting his self defense claim, it was only brought to trial in order to appease angry liberals who don't understand our legal system.

Initiating violence and getting away with murder by claiming self-defence is a miscarriage of justice no matter how you insist on spinning it.

Society knows it and that's why Zimmerman will spend the rest of his life being viewed as a murderer by decent people.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 10:39 pm

Dox47 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
That's quite a powerful indictment of the institutions that protected the child murderer, whether you're willing to concede it or not. J.W. Milam and Roy Bryant also weren't convicted as murderers but that doesn't change the moral nature of their murderous actions.

Ah, I see we're not dealing with reality, as a 17 year old is not a "child", and the Zimmerman case bore no similarity at all to the Till killing, a relatively straightforward self defense claim vs a kidnapping and murder. What is your theory of the case? That Zimmerman just picked a kid at random to murder because he was black, and then planned and executed the crime so perfectly, down to his own injuries and a rock solid consistency of statements, that the state couldn't prove it wasn't actually self defense?

Zimmerman is white, Martin was black, end of story.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 2:35 am

Dox47 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure why he initiated a confrontation that caused the child to need to defend himself and I'm not sure why he chose to escalate the conflict he initiated but none of those details are needed to recognize it as a miscarriage of justice.

The miscarriage was that he was charged at all in light of the evidence supporting his self defense claim, it was only brought to trial in order to appease angry liberals who don't understand our legal system.

The problem was the white witnesses who saw the killing couldn't get their story straight
https://www.latimes.com/world/la-xpm-20 ... story.html

Probably gated community karens. Only person left is a witness was Zimmerman himself and he's proven himself to be lower the gunge you find coating the bottom of a barrell. He must have been out of his mind to think he'd get even 1 cent compensation from the family of the kid he killed let alone $100m :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 2:47 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Initiating violence and getting away with murder by claiming self-defence is a miscarriage of justice no matter how you insist on spinning it.

How did Zimmerman initiate the violence? Be specific.

funeralxempire wrote:
Society knows it and that's why Zimmerman will spend the rest of his life being viewed as a murderer by decent people.

Really, moralizing, and trying to smear me as indecent because I insist on following the evidence and not racially charged emotion? I'm fishing here, but I suspect you don't actually know a lot about this case and are just going off the tribal position where the demographics of the participants are more important than the facts, otherwise I'd think you'd make a stronger argument, particularly when you ought to know that what you're doing doesn't work on me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 7:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

How did Zimmerman initiate the violence? Be specific.

If I tried walking around the gated community where I live with a loaded gun accosting random black people who actually live in the neighbourhood I live in I would be sued and probably thrown in jail. If I then shot an unarmed 17 year old teenager who lived in my community whom I racially profiled and then claimed it was self-defence but didn't have any solid evidence I would be thrown in jail for the rest of my life.

Many Americans are literally getting away with murder. A lot of them are carry a police badge.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 7:34 pm

Zimmerman is actually part-Hispanic. One of his ancestors is of Afro-Peruvian descent. His mother was born in Peru.
He looks Hispanic.

Even if he happened to be black, he still went too far after Trayvon Martin. I feel like he should have stopped after he was told not to pursue Trayvon.

Trayvon was no choirboy----but he didn't deserve to die.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 2:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Zimmerman is actually part-Hispanic. One of his ancestors is of Afro-Peruvian descent. His mother was born in Peru.
He looks Hispanic..

I've tracked this dufus. He identifies as white/hispanic. He has been on the record using racial slurs against blacks. Infact his murder of Trayvon Martin gave birth to BLM . In addition to boasting in bars and trying to engage with far right racists he auctioned his gun to some MAGA to make money from the killing for quarter of a million dollars.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 9:02 am

I never said he wasn’t an as*hole.

What I said is he shouldn’t have pursued Trayvon Martin after being told to cool it. This applies to a person of any race.

Zimmerman has been arrested a few times since his acquittal. He seems to have an anger problem.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 8:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I never said he wasn’t an as*hole.

What I said is he shouldn’t have pursued Trayvon Martin after being told to cool it. This applies to a person of any race.

Zimmerman has been arrested a few times since his acquittal. He seems to have an anger problem.

You and I think he's an a-hole but republicans love the guy
https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpo ... ehind.html

A little look into the mind of a MAGA