Taylor-Green, Gosar speak at white nationalist event

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 9:41 am

Calls to expel Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene after speech at white nationalist event

Quote:

Republican leaders are facing fresh demands to expel the Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, after she spoke at a conference of white nationalists and sympathisers with Vladimir Putin.

Trump and Putin at their meeting in Helsinki in July 2018. Republicans in Congress have attacked Biden for perceived weakness in the face of autocratic leaders abroad.

The event in Orlando, Florida, on Friday night was organised by the far-right extremist Nick Fuentes, who told attendees: “Now they’re going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler – they say that’s not a good thing.”

He burst into laughter as he added: “I shouldn’t have said that!”

Fuentes, recently subpoenaed for his involvement in the January 6 insurrection, proudly introduced Taylor Greene at the third annual America First Political Action Conference, or AFPAC.

Georgia congresswoman told the gathering they were “canceled Americans” who had a responsibility to “stop the Democrats who are the communist party of the United States of America”, HuffPost reported.

Her patronage of AFPAC, where the Arizona congressman Paul Gosar also appeared via pre-recorded video, provoked sharp condemnation of party leaders for failing to discipline her.

Liz Cheney, a member of the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot, tweeted: “As Rep[resentative] Marjorie Taylor Greene and Rep[resentative] Paul Gosar speak at this white supremacist, antisemitic, pro-Putin event, silence by Republican party leaders is deafening and enabling.

“All Americans should renounce this garbage and reject the Putin wing of the GOP now.”

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) pointed out that Kevin McCarthy, the Republican minority leader in the House, has consistently failed to take action against Greene.

Marjorie Taylor Greene called for physical violence against transgender people on Sunday
Quote:
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene doubled down on previous anti-LGBTQ comments during an appearance on the right-wing conspiracy network InfoWars with far-right radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

According to Media Matters For America, the conservative radio host brought up a report by KTLA in which some parents were furious that some of the counselors who identify as non-binary but are biologically male slept in the same cabin as some fifth-grade girls, which Greene said she thought was "straight evil."

"Well, first off, my husband would've beat him into the ground, and then he'd be in jail," she said. "But this is exactly how we need to stand up against this stuff."

The Republican congresswoman's remarks come after 2021 was marked the deadliest year on record for trans people, particularly Black trans women.

The Republican lawmaker went on to call transgender people a "perversion" that is "grooming children to believe things that are lies and that are completely wrong."

Greene's comments on InfoWars weren't her first public transphobic display. In February 2021, she hung a sign declaring binary gender outside of the office of another lawmaker, Rep. Marie Newman, who has a transgender daughter, in response to Newman's support of the civil rights protections for members of the LGBTQ community.

The sign read, "There are TWO genders: MALE & FEMALE," as well as the phrase, "Trust The Science!" in quotation marks.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 10:11 am

"White Nationalist" (aka "Neo Nazis").

We have no choice now but to invite Putin in to invade the US- because the whole reason Putin ever invades anyone is... to save the world from Neo Nazis! :D

He would never invade anyone for territory, power, nor strategic advantage. He only does it to protect the rest of us from those neo nazi terrorists!

Invite Russia to cross the sea, conquer and occupy the US, and clean our house of ...folks like Ms MTG.

Except that...wait a minute.... I HAVE to support MTG because she supports Trump. Trump supports Putin, and everything Putin does...praised Putin for invading Ukraine.

So if I support MTG, I am then supporting Trump, who in turn supports Putin, who claims to be invading Ukraine in order to cleanse Ukraine of people like...Ms MTG!

So...that leaves - God fearing MAGAs like me confused! :cry:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2022, 11:24 am

The entire GOP is a white nationalist party.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2022, 11:29 am

Her mask didn't slip, this is who she is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 5:57 am

She lost her audience when she said "I don't believe in the separation of the races :lol:

Duh!They are white separatists Marjorie :roll: - all as dumb as each other, deserve one another.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 7:02 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Huh?

Are you one of those autistics who need coaching with metaphors?

If this is "who she is" then didnt you mean to say that "the mask DID slip"?

Up until now she (presumably) pretended to be a conventional non-Nazi American politician, but you're saying that just now she has shown her true face. Ergo- "the false mask of being a mainstream politician has dropped to reveal the White Nationalism underneath".

Right?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 3:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Huh?

Up until now she (presumably) pretended to be a conventional non-Nazi American politician, but you're saying that just now she has shown her true face. Ergo- "the false mask of being a mainstream politician has dropped to reveal the White Nationalism underneath".

Right?

I think the message is that she's a white nationalist but her speech attempted to hide/mask her true feelings by throwing in a few red herrings aimed to throw the media. Her mere presence at the rally is enough.

The white nationalists also pretended to play along as they did when Trump made a few cursory statements wagging his finger at the KKK or at Charlottesville.

If any group knows how to use coded language it's white nationalists. She made statements contradicting their own views on the separation of the races but they understood her high profile presence was enough support. She's not the first and probably not the last republican to give publicity to these groups.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 3:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Huh?

Right?

People will claim someone's mask slipped when they've maintained plausible deniability up until that point and the act is the first indication they might be worse than they let on.

MTG is consistently terrible, so no one can claim she's had a mask to begin with.

Are you one of the people who's snarky when they're also wrong? :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 7:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Huh?

Right?

People will claim someone's mask slipped when they've maintained plausible deniability up until that point and the act is the first indication they might be worse than they let on.

MTG is consistently terrible, so no one can claim she's had a mask to begin with.

How was I being snarky?

How was I wrong?

Why the attitude? I was not giving you attitude. I was genuinely confused by your post.

In fact I was apparently right - you area bit klutzy with metaphors.

If that was your point then you should have said "she never wore a mask to begin with". Not that "the mask hasnt slipped".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 7:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
She lost her audience when she said "I don't believe in the separation of the races :lol:

Duh!They are white separatists Marjorie :roll: - all as dumb as each other, deserve one another.

So...she managed to alienate BOTH the mainstream, AND the White Supremist audience?

So she is now a "self made political orphan".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 10:25 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
The entire GOP is a white nationalist party.

With the majority still believing that Trump won the 2020 election.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 11:59 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

So...she managed to alienate BOTH the mainstream, AND the White Supremist audience?

So she is now a "self made political orphan".

She's using acceptable coded language so when she says she doesn't believe in separating races the audience gives a little wink acknowledging that they know.

Like when Trump "told the proud boys off"....they responded with a thumbs up.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 2:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Huh?

Right?

How was I being snarky?

How was I wrong?

Why the attitude? I was not giving you attitude. I was genuinely confused by your post.

In fact I was apparently right - you area bit klutzy with metaphors.

If that was your point then you should have said "she never wore a mask to begin with". Not that "the mask hasnt slipped".

I've seen you take the same attitude with others when you've failed to comprehend posts in the past so please spare me.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 7:26 pm

No surprise, after humiliatingly herself when it was revealed she had attended the white nationalist rally, she tries to divert attention by calling for Biden's impeachment:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... 8b332b6d03

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 9:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No surprise, after humiliatingly herself when it was revealed she had attended the white nationalist rally, she tries to divert attention by calling for Biden's impeachment:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... 8b332b6d03

She reminds me of former KKK grand wizard David Duke. Fun fact - when Duke lost the election for Louisiana governor in 1991 he Duke nevertheless claimed victory, saying, "I won my constituency fair and was cheated. I won 55% of the white vote". The arrogance in rejecting the result reminds of the same stunt Trump pulled claiming fake ballots.

Duke (despite his KKK affiliation) pulled still pulled a whopping 671,009 votes represented 38.8% of the total. It's not rocket science why these type of people are still lurking around the electorate, it's not like 1991 was that long ago.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 11:11 pm

^^^
Spoilers are gonna bleed.