House Panel: Trump Engaged in Criminal Conspiracy.

Page 4 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 7:13 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Off Topic
VegetableMan wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The Dems tossed Bernie under the bus assuming that Hillary was a better candidate for the win.They put all the support behind her instead of Bernie.
I’ve always wanted to toilet paper Debbie Wasserman Schultz house.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/debbie-w ... 0800bd/amp

It's not the Dems thought Hillary had a better chance to win, it's they feared that Sanders WOULD win. The political establishment and the media are bought and paid for by the billionaire class, so the system is designed to destroy candidates like Sanders. They don't want somebody like that occupying the WH.

Also, the media intentionally elevated Trump because the DNC believed he would be easily defeated. The Podesta emails exposed that strategy.

The funny thing is that I think the only reason Sanders was in that contest was because no one believed he had a chance of winning. This wasn't his first rodeo running, and he had never gained much traction previously. A small but loyal following, but no appeal to the mainstream.

The true mistake was in not realizing how strong opposition to Hilary could be, how many people would vote for anyone as long as it wasn't her.

If you look at the number of people that turned out for his rallies, it pales in comparison to Hillary's. I honestly believe he would have wiped the floor with Trump. The narrative the DNC was pushing was just false, simply because they were invested in maintaining the status quo.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 2:38 am

VegetableMan wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Off Topic
VegetableMan wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The Dems tossed Bernie under the bus assuming that Hillary was a better candidate for the win.They put all the support behind her instead of Bernie.
I’ve always wanted to toilet paper Debbie Wasserman Schultz house.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/debbie-w ... 0800bd/amp

It's not the Dems thought Hillary had a better chance to win, it's they feared that Sanders WOULD win. The political establishment and the media are bought and paid for by the billionaire class, so the system is designed to destroy candidates like Sanders. They don't want somebody like that occupying the WH.

Also, the media intentionally elevated Trump because the DNC believed he would be easily defeated. The Podesta emails exposed that strategy.

The funny thing is that I think the only reason Sanders was in that contest was because no one believed he had a chance of winning. This wasn't his first rodeo running, and he had never gained much traction previously. A small but loyal following, but no appeal to the mainstream.

The true mistake was in not realizing how strong opposition to Hilary could be, how many people would vote for anyone as long as it wasn't her.

If you look at the number of people that turned out for his rallies, it pales in comparison to Hillary's. I honestly believe he would have wiped the floor with Trump. The narrative the DNC was pushing was just false, simply because they were invested in maintaining the status quo.

Crowds reflect passion, but not votes. The passion of those who show up. It gives no gauge on what those who don't show up will do.

There were a lot of ways the Republican party could have scared voters off Bernie. Bernie is an easy target in that way. All we had in that election were easy targets for the bully in Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 6:07 am

Seems like an exercise in futility

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 10:02 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Neither party is consistently neoliberal or consistently neoconservative. In fact I don’t think there’s a significant neoconservative in the Democratic Party at all.

From what I've seen out there on the Internet, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden are all generally viewed as neoconservative.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 4:29 pm

^^if THEY are neoconservative, then what does that make people like senators cotton and cruz?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 7:51 pm

MaxE wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Neither party is consistently neoliberal or consistently neoconservative. In fact I don’t think there’s a significant neoconservative in the Democratic Party at all.

From what I've seen out there on the Internet, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden are all generally viewed as neoconservative.

Either the sites you visit use the words differently, or America as a nation is far off the conservative deep end that our liberals are conservatives to other countries.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 8:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
a criminal conspiracy

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 10:23 pm

These are words that are kinda easy to look up. In fact, google prints them in big lettering so you don't even have to click any links.

Hint: neoconservative does not mean a conservative who you particularly dislike a lot, or one particularly far to the right.

Oh, FFS it's right there in the box on the right, with more info than appeared in the big-letter definition that google provides:

Quote:
Neoconservatism is a political movement that was born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks who became disenchanted with the increasingly pacifist foreign policy of the Democratic Party and with the growing New Left and counterculture of the 1960s, particularly the Vietnam protests. Wikipedia

You'll probably need to look up the word hawkish, too.

And while you're at it, neoliberal. That probably doesn't mean what you think it means, either.

Last edited by TenMinutes on 05 Mar 2022, 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 10:29 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

This is very important. The Dems would rather lose to a Republican than win with a progressive. This is also true of lesser elections, like congress.

The same thing happens in Australia, particularly in the Liberal Party in NSW.
Factionalism is a *major* problem there.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 10:29 pm

MaxE wrote:

That's because they are.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 10:35 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
For those curious, and not motivated by having been duped by party politics and media conspiracy theory, there are a few Clinton facts which, when viewed in a detached manner, are pretty amusing.

I'm sorry there was a Trump.
I'm glad there wasn't a female Clinton.

The phrase: "Between a rock and a hard place" in terms of voting for either comes to mind. :mrgreen:

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 11:00 pm

Pepe wrote:

The phrase: "Between a rock and a hard place" in terms of voting for either comes to mind. :mrgreen:

Clinton wanted a no-fly zone in Syria. That's how hawkish she was. We may have avoided a war with Russia by not electing her. Russiagate was a fabrication of her campaign and the DNC CYA campaign over leaked emails. You might also dig into what happened to Libya, and Clinton's mirth over it. And her reaction to her own staff wanting to transfer resources to Wisconsin and Michigan. Or that she WANTED trump as her opponent. That she ran all her State Department emails through a server in her home basement bathroom to avoid freedom of information act requests. Callous, dangerous, horrible decisions all around. That those were our choices in 2016 makes me think there's an insane, evil AI in charge, and that it hates humans :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 11:04 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Clinton wanted a no-fly zone in Syria. That's how hawkish she was. We may have avoided a war with Russia by not electing her. Russiagate was a fabrication of her campaign and the DNC CYA campaign over leaked emails. You might also dig into what happened to Libya, and Clinton's mirth over it. And her reaction to her own staff wanting to transfer resources to Wisconsin and Michigan. Or that she WANTED trump as her opponent. That she ran all her State Department emails through a server in her home basement bathroom to avoid freedom of information act requests. Callous, dangerous, horrible decisions all around. That those were our choices in 2016 makes me think there's an insane, evil AI in charge, and that it hates humans :lol:

Wasn't she responsible for the death of at least one marine in the middle east?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 11:06 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
makes me think there's an insane, evil AI in charge, and that it hates humans :lol:

he goes by various names - satan, ol' nick, Beelzebub, the principalities of evil, devil, prince of darkness, lucifer, and many more.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 11:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
Pepe wrote:

If you're inquiring about Benghazi, then that can be answered with the fact that the Republicans had conducted more than one investigation into that, where Clinton had responded to hours and hours of questioning each time. And each time, not a single incriminating thing had been found to charge her with. So, no.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 11:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:
Pepe wrote:

If you're inquiring about Benghazi, then that can be answered with the fact that the Republicans had conducted more than one investigation into that, where Clinton had responded to hours and hours of questioning each time. And each time, not a single incriminating thing had been found to charge her with. So, no.

The way Trump wasn't found guilty of the Russian collusion thing? :scratch: