Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 5:40 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Hollywood star and former governor of California, has shared a passionate, nine-minute video, speaking out amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
The actor posted the video on social media on Thursday in which he urged Russian citizens and military members, in particular, to hear “the truth”.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 0becbf9689

What a fantastic speech, Arnie has appealed directly to the Russian people drawing on his own experiences.

If the MAGAs want to see what a great republican leader would look like, I can't think of a better person than Arnold Schwartznegger. he stands head and shoulders above the rubbish that the US republican party are procuring as leaders.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 5:55 pm

And there is the ultimate truth of war,

Quote:
Those who don’t deserve it on both sides of the war will suffer.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 8:05 am

^That's right----it's the noncombatant civilians who suffer most in war.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 5:00 pm

non-combatants suffer in every war.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 6:30 pm

Retired politicians who aren't reaching for a new office can often be strong forces for messaging. They have background with political issues and the time to investigate, the connections to get the right information, and time to carefully choose their words. The day to day work of holding office doesn't allow for the same grace and perspective that retirement seems to, nor as much freedom to go for truth over politics. I wasn't super thrilled with the Terminator as Governor, but he has generally been using his retirement effectively. It is a good video; we can only hope it reaches its target.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 6:54 pm

Arnold reminds Americans of the American dream. he stands for something that's positive and is relatable to all migrants and children of migrants.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 9:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
non-combatants suffer in every war.

Very true!

The people of Ukraine did nothing wrong for this war to happen in the first place!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 8:17 pm

I think only a child of Nazi could deliver such a powerful message to warn others against following the orders of an evil man bent of enslavement.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 4:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I think only a child of Nazi could deliver such a powerful message to warn others against following the orders of an evil man bent of enslavement.

He gives the Russians a human face. Not all Russians support Putin's megalomania masquerading as "liberation"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 5:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He gives the Russians a human face. Not all Russians support Putin's megalomania masquerading as "liberation"

Indeed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 5:04 pm

Many Russians don't support the war.

Many educated people feel like their economic opportunities, because of the war, are down in the toilet.