Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 6:47 pm

Shanghai Sixth People's Hospital, China:The "penis defense war" under the shroud of the new crown epidem
During the critical period of epidemic prevention and control, in the face of foreign patients from overseas high-risk areas, medical workers insisted on putting people first and life first. At the critical moment, they dared to take responsibility and made great achievements. They worked together to win this rare "penis defense war" and fully protect the safety of the people of Shanghai.

Quote:
A few days ago, Director Fu Qiang of the Department of Urology of our hospital had just completed an extremely complicated urethral repair and reconstruction operation in Lingang District, when the phone rang, and the urgent voice of Director Wang Zulin of the Department of Urology of the Eighth City Hospital came from the other end: " Director Fu, the isolation ward of our hospital admitted a foreign patient who was referred from an isolation hotel. Priapism for 50 hours is very rare. We have no experience and need your consultation."
50 hours is far more than the best rescue time for priapism, and organic erectile dysfunction will inevitably occur later, which is undoubtedly unbearable pain for young and unmarried patients. Director Fu Qiang, who is 70 kilometers away from Lingang Campus, made a decisive decision and instructed immediate puncture and drainage of the corpus cavernosum, the use of vasoactive drugs, and a shunt of the corpus cavernosum if necessary. In addition, Chief Physician Song Lujie from the Xuhui Campus was immediately dispatched to the Eighth City Hospital to guide the treatment of the patients. After a series of emergency treatments, the patient's persistent erection finally relieved to a certain extent. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief and looked forward to the patient's slow recovery.

http://www.myzaker.com/article/6246ba208e9f0953ff37a310
At the source, this news has now been removed. Only the reprinted version is left.

Background abstract:
Shanghai is currently one of the most severely affected cities in China by the new crown epidemic, and is undergoing a severe blockade, and many citizens have not received living guarantees.
On March 23, a nurse in Shanghai died of an asthma attack after being rejected by multiple hospitals.

Sharp comment: We won!China has carried out a surgical attack on the rise of the West.<sarcasm>

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2022, 12:33 pm

8O
Are they trying to make that random guy with priapism blamed for Shanghai coronavirus surge?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 12:37 pm

magz wrote:
8O
Are they trying to make that random guy with priapism blamed for Shanghai coronavirus surge?

no.

Shanghai's medical system has been broken down. Others go untreated for their life-threatening illnesses, and dialysis has been suspended across Shanghai.
Meanwhile, the Shanghai Ministry of Health ordered experts to wear protective suits to treat foreigners' penises.

This is the connection.
The sarcasm was directed at the Shanghai government.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2022, 12:41 pm

So, it's Chinese satire?
I like it but it's hard to get without cultural context.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 12:44 pm

magz wrote:
So, it's Chinese satire?
I like it but it's hard to get without cultural context.

Yes.

That news itself was satire from insiders.
It was an absurd incident, but he described it in a very flattering tone to spark outrage. He even wrote out the names of a series of people involved.
This is a familiar tactic when we talk about politics.

CoolHandLuke
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2022, 12:45 pm

...myzaker, is that a cantonese/mandarin word for onion?... I have no idea what going on here...

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 12:48 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:
...myzaker, is that a cantonese/mandarin word for onion?... I have no idea what going on here...

Zaker is an unofficial media. It just reprinted the news.
The news itself is official from the hospital.It has now been removed from the hospital news.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 2:11 pm

I couldnt follow it...and its sounded kinda revolting...so I just ...skipped over the topic.

Now that I know that its Chinese political satire...still dont get it...but its interesting to learn that they HAVE political satire in China.

Didnt know that that was allowed.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 2:21 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I couldnt follow it...and its sounded kinda revolting...so I just ...skipped over the topic.

well, this needs to be explained:
This incident is obviously a result of the Shanghai government's unlimited favor of foreigners.
But critics instead said it was an "attack" on the West. This is the opposite. And add the elements " rise(priapism)" and "surgery" to the sentence to describe the event content.
Classic word game.

Perhaps this is not suitable for ASDs that have not been trained.
Because of the existence of censorship, we Chinese use very, very "subtle" words when mocking the government.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2022, 3:18 pm

Word plays are also often hard to translate, especially between languages with different structure.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 3:29 pm

Yes. This is the only pun in the many sarcasms about this incident that can be applied to both Chinese and English.
It's a pity that other wonderful sarcasms can't be translated into English.

We are quite outraged by this incident.