Donald Trump reveals how he would have dealt with Russia

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 2:55 am

Quote:
'We're far more powerful than you': Trump says he would have responded to Putin's Ukraine invasion by flaunting US' military

Former US president Donald Trump has revealed how he would have dealt with Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine and his threat to use nuclear weapons against Russia's "enemies".
Charlie CoëCommissioning Editor
2 min read
April 25, 2022

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/w ... erallPos=5

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 8:21 am

It is more likely that Donald Trump would have been kissing Vladimir Putin's  ███  ring and singing his praises.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Apr 2022, 8:25 am

If I was the POTUS, I would kill Putin with my super secret orbital laser.

Wow. Do you know how easy it is to say it? :mrgreen:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 8:38 am

magz wrote:
If I was the POTUS, I would kill Putin with my super secret orbital laser. . .
My choice would be a stealth Tomahawk with a tac-nuke warhead detonating 100m above the Kremlin.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 9:27 am

In my fantasy world we would do onto him as he is doing to innocent Ukrainians. Surround the Kremlin, starve them, lob shells into the Kremlin gradually reducing it and everyone in it to rubble.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MindEngine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Apr 2022, 9:35 am

I guess that muscular demonstration of power is what Russians do expect from West side. This way he could says to the world: do you see? They are the usual American, arrogant and threating as usual. Definitely a service to Putin, which doesn't surprise me since he owes his election to the Kremlin. Trump does not represent America's best interests no more than Putin in my view.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 2:07 pm

Returning to the original post...

Putin would not likely have needed to disagree with Trump. It looked to me as if Trump could be steered in whichever direction Putin pleased. I expect Putin could've gotten Trump to endorse Russia's attacks against Ukraine.

But, if Putin clumsily alienated Trump then the world would've been in deep trouble. I think we would've had two nuclear powers angry at each other and their leaders indifferent to death and suffering by anyone...including their own citizens'.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 3:10 pm

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Apr 2022, 3:26 pm

Double Retired wrote:

Putin would not likely have needed to disagree with Trump. It looked to me as if Trump could be steered in whichever direction Putin pleased. I expect Putin could've gotten Trump to endorse Russia's attacks against Ukraine.

But, if Putin clumsily alienated Trump then the world would've been in deep trouble. I think we would've had two nuclear powers angry at each other and their leaders indifferent to death and suffering by anyone...including their own citizens'.

In Trump's defence, he was very quick to condemn Russia after the Skirpal poisonings, and went much further than e.g. Bush did after the Litvinenko assassination in similar circumstances. But he did praise Putin immediately after the invasion of Ukraine, which undercuts that a lot.

All that being said... yeah, not sure why Trump is talking in hypothetical terms. He was President already, and he didn't do the things he said he would do.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 10:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In my fantasy world we would do onto him as he is doing to innocent Ukrainians. Surround the Kremlin, starve them, lob shells into the Kremlin gradually reducing it and everyone in it to rubble.

And after, capture the survivers, torture them, and then the coup de grâce. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 10:31 pm

MindEngine wrote:
I guess that muscular demonstration of power is what Russians do expect from West side. This way he could says to the world: do you see? They are the usual American, arrogant and threating as usual. Definitely a service to Putin, which doesn't surprise me since he owes his election to the Kremlin. Trump does not represent America's best interests no more than Putin in my view.

Looting, raping, torturing and murders are the bread and butter tactics of the Russian army, it seems. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 10:35 pm

Double Retired wrote:

Didn't Trump give pootin a "bloody nose" in the middle east some time not that long ago? :scratch:

BTW,
Trump. :eew:
Go away and let Ammuuuria heal. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 10:37 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Get a wriggle on. :mrgreen:

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2022, 1:37 am

Misslizard wrote:

Figured a fan of the big G would make a joke like that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 1:53 am

It's easy for Trump to say what he'd do after the fact. But going by what John Bolton claims - and while I don't like or agree with Bolton, I respect him for his honesty - Trump had been planning to pull out of NATO in his second term, leaving the alliance without American might or leadership. The fact that Trump had made a total reversal of the GOP's policies in regard to Russia, and that Trump had been in contact with the Putin during his campaign against Clinton and saw Putin as his benefactor, I don't buy that he would have taken a hard stance against Russia.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 2:27 am

magz wrote:
If I was the POTUS, I would kill Putin with my super secret orbital laser.

Wow. Do you know how easy it is to say it? :mrgreen:

Wouldn't you have be like Putin to have one of those in the first place?