Page 5 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 10:32 am

Fnord wrote:
It did not matter if the despots died, went to prison, or were forcibly deposed; soon after the despot was gone, the groups collapsed from internal conflicts, and eventually re-formed as two or more similar groups run by other despots.[/color]

None of that happened with Trump though. He just simply lost the election. And it seems the only ones who think he should still be the president are a citizen kook fringe.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 May 2022, 10:34 am

Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Actually, I think if Trump is no more, the right wing has a chance to become a bit more reasonable.
Matrix Glitch wrote:
As far as I'm concerned he is no more. No more than just a personality like he was before that complete fluke put him in the white house.
I based my 'prediction' on a best guess derived from previous experiences with smaller groups run by despots.

It did not matter if the despots died, went to prison, or were forcibly deposed; soon after the despot was gone, the groups collapsed from internal conflicts, and eventually re-formed as two or more similar groups run by other despots.

Most of these groups has religious roots, but some were simply personality cults -- just like Trump's MAGAs.
I agree about the mechanics of collapse after end of leadership - it also happened to a lot of Medieval European states, with the empire of Charlemagne being a textbook example.
I understand "right-wing" in broader sense, as conservative-leaning part of the society and politicians seeking their votes. They won't disappear.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 11:00 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It did not matter if the despots died, went to prison, or were forcibly deposed; soon after the despot was gone, the groups collapsed from internal conflicts, and eventually re-formed as two or more similar groups run by other despots.
None of that happened with Trump though. . .
Not yet, wait for it; this show ain't over until the fat orange man sings . . .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 12:42 pm

There's still a rather dangerous Trump personality cult floating around-----along with Q-Anon partisans......and many other aspects of the Alt-Right Lunatic Fringe.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 3:16 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It.[/color]

None of that happened with Trump though. He just simply lost the election. And it seems the only ones who think he should still be the president are a citizen kook fringe.

If thats a fact? That only a kooky fringe support trump? Then why does Ted Cruz kiss Trump's ass? Why does Mitch McConnel kiss his ass? Why is the whole GOP under Trump's thumb? Why does every GOP candidate seek Trump's approval in local primaries?

If you think that the ruling elite of the GOP is beholden to chimera then TELL THE GOP elite that! Dont complain to us on WP about it. We on WP are concerned with the still high profile public figure that Trump still is because... THE GOP thinks that he is important.

Also... do you have stats to back up your assertion that Trump has no support except from a tiny fringe? Every barn on every farm in rural America has a big TRUMP sign on it. Thats why the GOP elite act so afraid of the rabble roused by Trump. They think that there IS a rabble roused by Trump. If you're saying that there is no such rabble then show it with poll data or SOMETHING.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 3:17 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
There is not one reason on earth why anybody on the spectrum should be amuuurican-style right-wing.  They [right wing pols and their defenders] are NOT our friends!
What about all the people on the spectrum who are financially successful capitalists?
We do not like Trump either.  No one who favors equality in racial, gender, and disability education, employment, housing, and medical care should also be a fan of Trump -- a national embarrassment whose lies have become well-known in every corner of the world.

He didn't say Trump, he said right-wing. There's a whole world outside of Trump you know. Many financially successful right-wing people view it more as big government gouging them while pretending all their money is going towards social services. And of course the left-wing excuse for why most of it doesn't, is because the right-wing wing is preventing it from happening.

If anyone's doing the gouging, it's those right wing, successful business types. Tax them, and they're still going to be rich. If ordinary working people get a raise in wages, those right wing business people will use that as a pretext to gouge the rest of us with the price of goods and services. And now, that human/snake hybrid from Florida wants poor and middle class people to pay income tax, regardless if such a tax would be survivable for them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 5:25 pm

I'm not surprised. I've believed he's this crazy since his first campaign.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 5:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm not surprised. I've believed he's this crazy since his first campaign.

Since the 1970s.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 9:35 pm

magz wrote:
Still, Biden has become the POTUS despite obvious dents in perception of him.
Perception matters but it's not everything. Luckily.

Perception was Biden was the lesser of two evils.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 9:40 pm

magz wrote:
Actually, I think if Trump is no more, the right wing has a chance to become a bit more reasonable.

They will become smarter less impulsive versions of him.

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
It is common knowledge that Trumpy IS the amuuurican right wing now.
If Trumpy was no more, the right wing would collapse like one of his business deals.

So even though he holds no political office of any kind whatsoever, he's in control of the entire republican party. While I'm sure that's what he believes, I find it quite hard to swallow. Anyone have a bag of salt?

People underestimating Trump, swallowing it since 2015.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 10:29 pm

magz wrote:

It astounds me that a nation of around 330 million people can't find better than a Trump or a Biden.
Very, very odd. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 10:34 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

The issue with poor Mr. Biden is he's a geriatric with progressive dementia. And I say that without malice. I wouldn't be surprised if he weeps over it in private.

This is my assessment, also.
I do have sympathy for his condition.
People my age watch out for symptoms of dementia on a regular basis.
Part of the reason I post is to make a personal evaluation, btw.

One day it is bound to happen.
It is just a matter of time, for most of us. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 10:37 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
The evidence is in quite a lot of footage of him speaking I've seen. It's not conclusive of course, but it is quite indicative in my opinion.

Agreed.
But even if it is simply natural ageing, he clearly is not presidential material against people like pootin and xi.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 10:44 pm

magz wrote:
I don't see any signs of dementia in Biden's actions that I've been observing so far.
Yes, he's old, he moves slowly, he's not a showman, but he makes bold and logical decisions and consistently carries on well-thought policies - at least in the topics I've been interested in.

You are too kind.
Seriously, you are too kind.

Do you realise how the left-wing media has always protected him?
Perhaps it might be helpful if you watch more right-wing programs to get a balanced view of Biden and his difficulties.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 10:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
still alot of peoples don't grok that he is a lifelong stutterer who has his time-tested techniques for steering around the speech hang-ups that to the uninitiated sound like some kind of senescent brain functioning.

It isn't simply a matter of speaking difficulties.
He is often in a state of confusion and mixes the subject matter that he is talking about.

But why the concern?
Biden won't be thrown out of his presidency, in all probability, and he won't be recontesting the next election.
I will bet both your left and right testicles on the latter. ;)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 11:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
magz wrote:

Perception was Biden was the lesser of two evils.

But Biden wasn't the only one running for president on the democrat ticket. There were plenty of other candidates to choose from.