What are your thoughts about Gypsy Rose

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 10:27 am

A few days ago, I found out that Gypsy Rose was released from prison on the 28th. What are your thoughts about the entire situation?

The first thing that I would like to address is how the doctors didn't run tests on Gypsy to confirm that her medical conditions were non-existent. If you watch the show "The Act" the actress playing Gypsy in the hospital said that her mom diagnosed her daughter herself. Now I don't know if that's true or not.

Regarding Gypsy's ex-boyfriend, I am curious why he hasn't had the same justice that Gypsy has.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2024, 2:10 pm

Extremely fascinating case all around. Very relevant to us here on WP as well actually since her boyfriend Nicholas Godejohn (who was the one who actually stabbed Dee Dee to death) was diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum and this was unsuccessfully offered as a defense for his actions, although he would eventually end up being sentenced to life without parole.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 2:36 pm

sick, sordid, sad. :(

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 2:39 pm

I think that's a very sad case. It makes me feel sick inside. I also find it very interesting as well.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 3:17 pm

No thoughts at al. No idea who any of these people are or why it's assumed anyone knows who they are or what tv show is being referenced that's apparently referencing real life. First I've heard of any of this or these people in this thread, so, since there's very little information I have no thoughts at all about Gypsey Rose.

Reminds me of this local beer, though:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 3:40 pm

Caught the tail end of the story.

Strange wrapped in strange wrapped in more strange.

Will have to...re read the whole story a couple times in order to...understand it enough to comment upon it.

I know its parental abuse via Munchausen by proxy. So if your mom pretends that you're sick all of the time when were not...just so that SHE can get attention...does that justify you greasing your mom?

Will hafta study it some more.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 3:45 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Caught the tail end of the story.

Strange wrapped in strange wrapped in more strange.

Will have to...re read the whole story a couple times in order to...understand it enough to comment upon it.

I know its parental abuse via Munchausen by proxy. So if your mom pretends that you're sick all of the time when we're not...just so that SHE can get attention...does that justify you greasing your mom?

Will hafta study it some more.

Thanks for the summary. When I googled for the beer image the results said she was a burlesque dancer in the 1950's or something like that. Wrong gypsy most likely.

My guess is that the answer is.. debatable, depending on one's own thoughts/justifications. Hence the controversy it seems surrounds this.

I guess the answer is that it was justified by the person that did the greasing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 3:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
No thoughts at al. No idea who any of these people are or why it's assumed anyone knows who they are or what tv show is being referenced that's apparently referencing real life. First I've heard of any of this or these people in this thread, so, since there's very little information I have no thoughts at all about Gypsey Rose.

I was just gonna say that when you hear "gyspy rose" you should think "Gypsy Rose Lee" the famous performer of mom and dad's generation.

A "stripper" who was actually a quite family friendly song and dance gal of the Fifties.

https://youtu.be/FL6vgan5EUg

Obviously not the same as the Gypsy Rose Blanchard in the news now...who mightve been named after her.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 4:37 pm

Don’t know either, can’t be that famous. I am familiar with the beer, though. 8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 4:43 pm

I heard Walter Cronkite give her obituary in the mid Sixties so obviously she was "that famous".

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 4:54 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I heard Walter Cronkite give her obituary in the mid Sixties so obviously she was "that famous".

That was 60 years ago. I meant people alive now/since then have no idea about some obscure dancer way back in history as she’s dead and has no fame nor name recognition to current generations.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 5:08 pm

True.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Jan 2024, 8:37 am

I hope Gypsy can find some peace in her freedom. She seems to be happy so far, a lot of good things coming her way from what she's told social media. Good for her!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 10:14 am

Regarding the boyfriend being on the spectrum, I don’t think that’s an excuse. His actions were a fight or flight.

However, I am surprised Gypsy has not testified on his behalf.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 10:22 am

naturalplastic wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I was just gonna say that when you hear "gyspy rose" you should think "Gypsy Rose Lee" the famous performer of mom and dad's generation.

A "stripper" who was actually a quite family friendly song and dance gal of the Fifties.

https://youtu.be/FL6vgan5EUg

Obviously not the same as the Gypsy Rose Blanchard in the news now...who mightve been named after her.

Nice. Anyway, look up the current Gypsy. Basically, her mother was an evil woman who has Munchausan by Proxy. She basically held her daughter hostage by lying to her and fabricating multiple disorders and conditions. She also manipulated the media and the community into believing that her daughter was sick. She did this so she could get attention m.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2024, 10:54 am

So thanks to the boyfriend the abuse ended and Gipsy Rose could start a normal life. Good for Gipys Rose while her saviour has to spend the rest of his life in jail.