F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 26 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 67  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:13 pm

check duplicate online

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:21 pm

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It's not even My scenario. This is what's splashed all over the news right now. orangey stole national secrets to Most Likely sell out to bad actors for his own personal gain. There's no other reason to steal that kind of thing.

I find the conjecture is entertaining.

I find it WILD that with your 60 years of life experience that you're unable to see trump for the self serving criming conman that he is.

Perhaps it's just that I'm not apoplectic over it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:30 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It's not even My scenario. This is what's splashed all over the news right now. orangey stole national secrets to Most Likely sell out to bad actors for his own personal gain. There's no other reason to steal that kind of thing.

I find it WILD that with your 60 years of life experience that you're unable to see trump for the self serving criming conman that he is.

Also WILD since I assume you're an American citizen and it's your country he attempted a fascist dictator takeover of.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\ You won’t get Sanders.

Obviously because the Dems tossed him under the bus for evil Hillary.

I truly do not believe Sanders was ever electable. We were never going to get Sanders.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:39 pm

^^^much to our detriment as a country and society. what a backwards nation we are in oh so many ways.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Also WILD since I assume you're an American citizen and it's your country he attempted a fascist dictator takeover of.

No matter how wild some positions seem to be, we have to understand they are real.

There are people who see Trump for all he is and will vote for him anyway, for any of a variety of reasons.

For many, Trump's main appeal seems to be the FU to liberals.

When someone truly believes the entire system is corrupt or irreparably broken, they are going to be willing to burn it all down, no matter how ugly that will look.

The US isn't the only country with a large segment willing to burn it all down.

Put the "burn it all down" folks together with the "I can't vote liberal no matter how bad the conservative guy is" folks, factor in the way the structure highly favors the red states, and Trump might be president again. No amount of hearings and data will change these two groups. It is foolish to ignore the reality.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 15 Aug 2022, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:40 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I truly do not believe Sanders was ever electable. We were never going to get Sanders.

He would have been elected Prime Minister here in Canada. Canadians can't quite wrap our minds around how Americans won't vote to give themselves universal healthcare. Truly BIZARRE!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:43 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
No matter how wild some positions seem to be, we have to understand they are real.

There are people who see Trump for all he is and will vote for him anyway, for any of a variety of reasons.

When someone truly believes the entire system is corrupt or irreparably broken, they are going to be willing to burn it all down, no matter how ugly that will look.

Put the "burn it all down" folks together with the "I can't vote liberal no matter how bad the conservative guy is" folks, factor in the way the structure highly favors the red states, and Trump might be president again. No amount of hearings and data will change these two groups. It is foolish to ignore the reality.

Ok, but there's still a great big wtf disconnect with his voters.. like, the guy is a compulsive pathological liar - he's lied about everything to everyone.. and for some unknown reason, his cult members somehow believe that he lies to everyone about everything except to them. Wtf? :?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

He would have been elected Prime Minister here in Canada. Canadians can't quite wrap our minds around how Americans won't vote to give themselves universal healthcare. Truly BIZARRE!

We get inundated with all the negative stories about the Canadian system. No matter how good a system is, there will be negative stories, so ...

Also remember that Americans seem to be enamored with the idea they could turn the corner and suddenly be part of the elite, in which instance they wouldn't want any limitations on what they could choose, or to be lumped with in everyone else.

We do have a lot of people who wish we had Trudeau, just FYI. That was quite the fantasy for liberals in 2017.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:06 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Ok, but there's still a great big wtf disconnect with his voters.. like, the guy is a compulsive pathological liar - he's lied about everything to everyone.. and for some unknown reason, his cult members somehow believe that he lies to everyone about everything except to them. Wtf? :?

Some know, some don't. It isn't dramatically changing his numbers.

While there are lots of conservatives viewing the Trump phenom and becoming willing to hold their noses and vote liberal, there are also liberals becoming disillusioned with the Democratic party and seeing Trump's appeal. It isn't my head space so I can't explain it, but I'd be an idiot not to see it as real.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 3:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Well you do seem pretty high strung kiddo. Maybe in another 20 years you won't let yourself get so worked up. Unless you end up giving yourself a stroke before getting there.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 3:52 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

While there are lots of conservatives viewing the Trump phenom and becoming willing to hold their noses and vote liberal, there are also liberals becoming disillusioned with the Democratic party and seeing Trump's appeal. It isn't my head space so I can't explain it, but I'd be an idiot not to see it as real.

The problem is the left went overboard in vilifying him from the beginning. It started out that he was colluding with Putin and the whole thing was wrapped up in the Steele Dossier, which turned out to be bogus, and the Mueller investigation which turned out to be a dud. Since then it's just seemed like a series of do-overs. There comes a point where people just start rolling their eyes. 2020 was a very weird time and it was a weird election because of covid. Now if they're going to actually indict him, great get it over with. But the more time that goes on with committees, investigations and raids, the more it looks like a lot of generated hype that people are going to be rolling their eyes at. It will be seen what the people really think about all of it in 84 days.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 15 Aug 2022, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Unlikely, odds are the Liberals would out maneuver him. It seems unlikely that he'd run as a Liberal when he's ideologically a lot closer to the NDP.

We've seen charismatic NDP leaders before but it didn't lead to a PM Layton.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:21 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

The problem is the left went overboard in vilifying him from the beginning. It started out that he was colluding with Putin and the whole thing was wrapped up in the Steele Dossier, which turned out to be bogus, and the Mueller investigation which turned out to be a dud. Since then it's just seemed like a series of do-overs. There comes a point where people just start rolling their eyes. 2020 was a very weird time and it was a weird election because of covid. Now if they're going to actually indict him, great get it over with. But the more time that goes on with committees, investigations and raids, the more it looks like a lot of generated hype that people are going to be rolling their eyes at. It will be seen what the people really think about all of it in 84 days.

I wouldn’t over-read into the November results. Control always flips if we start with single party majority. The pundits can color the reasons however they like, but the real reason is that voters don’t like to let any one party have too much power for too long. There will be lessons in the details, though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 5:03 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Well you do seem pretty high strung kiddo. Maybe in another 20 years you won't let yourself get so worked up. Unless you end up giving yourself a stroke before getting there.

Why would I wait 20 years to maybe give myself a stroke? :? Probably gonna do that later tonight. 8)