F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 17 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 67  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 2:19 am

aghogday wrote:
Cut It Out, This Isn't A Transphobic Site.
Other than That Let's Get Back on Topic.

-Just a Suggestion, Mr. Glitch.

Huh, a concise post in standard format, haven't seen one of those from you in some time. You seem to be imagining any transphobia though, it's just not there, and your blame for the "derailment" is misplaced as well.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:03 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If somebody murdered your mother, would you want the investigations into finding her murderer stopped after six years?

If they had been investigating an individual for 2,203 days, I'd be wondering why they hadn't gotten anywhere.

The Mueller investigation wasn’t an investigation of Trump. The stated parameters, from Congress, stopped far short of Trump himself.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:18 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If somebody murdered your mother, would you want the investigations into finding her murderer stopped after six years?

If they had been investigating an individual for 2,203 days, I'd be wondering why they hadn't gotten anywhere.

The Mueller investigation wasn’t an investigation of Trump. The stated parameters, from Congress, stopped far short of Trump himself.

The frantic scramble before Mueller got the job
Quote:
In the hectic eight days after President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and top FBI officials viewed Trump as a leader who needed to be reined in, according to two sources describing the sentiment at the time.

The new details about the genesis of the obstruction case into Trump that became a key element of the Mueller probe shed light on the chaotic week following Comey's firing and the scramble to decide how best to respond.

Rosenstein's original public announcement appointing the special counsel did not specifically reference the obstruction issue, only "the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election and related matters." But the order setting up the special counsel did include the legal code that includes investigating matters related to obstruction.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:21 am

On the tangent:

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Bill Maher sums it up quite well:

As a gay man, I laughed at a couple of punchlines but for the most part.. “Ok, Boomer,” is right. He simply doesn’t know what he doesn’t know about gay/trans people.

Does he have to? Know LGBT issues from the inside? He’s summarizing how things look from the outside, not the inside, and there is no denying the level of change that has happened in my lifetime. You’re too young to truly understand how 180 it’s all been. It isn’t unreasonable to ask some questions. My daughter identifies as queer and the clip sounds a lot like conversations her and I have been having. I am glad the world changed on sexual and gender identity issues, I really am, and happy my daughter lives in a world she can marry whoever she will choose, and be accepted for who she is, unlike the way things were in my youth. But to expect everyone to be able to lock step go along for the ride when changes are this big simply is not realistic, and to forget that such swift changes inevitably drag along at least a little bit of trend following is naive. A person can challenge the conversation parameters and still be a true ally, and a little patience with the world as it wraps its head around new realities can help us all get to the right place more smoothly.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:38 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
It's been pure nothing burger so far. All the whatabouts, analogies, and conjecturing in the world doesn't change that. He's always been in big trouble for years. The jig has always been up for years. They've been coming down on him hard and ready to drop the hammer for years. And of course it's not finished yet. It has to keep running until the midterm votes, and then pick back up for the 2024 votes. In which case it will have stretched out for 8 years. Although if the Republicans sweep the congress and senate this year, that might finally put an end to the circus.

You are too optimistic. It's never going to end, at least at bare minimum not in our lifetimes. If the man dies without being convicted there are still going to be new revelations that would "prove" he would have been convicted if only he were still alive. It will work the other way also. If he is convicted long after his death there are going to be "revelations" that "prove" he was framed.

I was thinking the 6 year long committee investigation circus might come to an end if the Republicans gain a significant majority. I know the stories, gossip, conspiracy theories etc will endure beyond my lifetime.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 4:32 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Your statement is only accurate if you refuse to count charges against anyone who isn’t named Trump. Otherwise, there have been dozens of charges and convictions that have come from Trump related investigations.

I think the kids these days call that a cope.

I never expected any of it to get to Trump. Can’t be upset about not getting something you never expected to get in the first place.

Even now, where he is actually a clear target, I don’t see anything I expect to actually land him in jail. If he was a nobody, maybe. But he isn’t a nobody.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 4:34 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
It's been pure nothing burger so far. All the whatabouts, analogies, and conjecturing in the world doesn't change that. He's always been in big trouble for years. The jig has always been up for years. They've been coming down on him hard and ready to drop the hammer for years. And of course it's not finished yet. It has to keep running until the midterm votes, and then pick back up for the 2024 votes. In which case it will have stretched out for 8 years. Although if the Republicans sweep the congress and senate this year, that might finally put an end to the circus.

You are too optimistic. It's never going to end, at least at bare minimum not in our lifetimes. If the man dies without being convicted there are still going to be new revelations that would "prove" he would have been convicted if only he were still alive. It will work the other way also. If he is convicted long after his death there are going to be "revelations" that "prove" he was framed.

I was thinking the 6 year long committee investigation circus might come to an end if the Republicans gain a significant majority. I know the stories, gossip, conspiracy theories etc will endure beyond my lifetime.

Didn’t Republicans have a clear majority when it all started?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:00 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Didn’t Republicans have a clear majority when it all started?

Apparently not enough of a majority.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:09 am

I think I just uncovered another fear, which could explain why they're going so overboard on Trump right now. Apparently he could replace Nancy Pelosi as the Speaker of the House in this year.

"How Donald Trump Could Become Speaker of the House Without Running for Office

Former President Donald Trump could have a reason to return to Washington, D.C., before 2024 if Republicans win big in 2022 and choose him to lead them in the House of Representatives."

https://www.newsweek.com/how-donald-tru ... ce-1657764

That would be absolutely hilarious.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:10 am

Dox47 wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Cut It Out, This Isn't A Transphobic Site.
Other than That Let's Get Back on Topic.

-Just a Suggestion, Mr. Glitch.

Huh, a concise post in standard format, haven't seen one of those from you in some time. You seem to be imagining any transphobia though, it's just not there, and your blame for the "derailment" is misplaced as well.

Well, Actually it was Both Transphobic And Homophobic Yet i Am Not Going to Repeat The Disgusting Comment That
Was Made to A Homosexual Man on this Internet Site. On the Other Hand, i Could Have Reported it; Yet That is NOT

my M.O.

i Believe In Doing 'STuFF' Face-to-Face; However, This Is the Internet And Words Will Have to Do In Text Instead.

Transgender Folks Have Always Existed And So Have Gay Folks and All the Mix In Between That Some are
Labeling With More Colors Than the Rainbow of Course as that Pertains to Metaphor. There Are Some

Folks Who Do "Black

And White" and Other

Folks Who Do Colors; THere
Are Two Processes of Mind,
Where One Hemisphere Does

Labels and the Other Does Substance (Essence/Meaning);

At Best We Excel in Both Areas in Both Style And Substance.

On the Other Hand, my M.O. Is Not Attacking Other Folks
Personally in Some Vague So-Called 'Intellectual' Way When

i Enter
into A
Discussion;

And Of Course that
is at Lowest Levels of Both Style and Substance;

Okay, If You Don't Want to Get Back on Topic i Will.

Donald J Trump Has Met His Match and that Match is the Law.

It's Sort of Like A Community With Leaders/People With Rules That/Who
Protect the Least AND MOST OF US Among Us From Harm; Particularly As That

Applies to Most Well Kept Government Secrets As Assisting A Captain of A Very
Large Navy Installation in the Headquarters Building That WAS One of My 'Collateral'
Administration
Duties of

LIFE TOO

For Pay;

TRuMP
iS iNdeed
IN Deep 'Do Do'
Like 'Do Do' Birds Now...

And to Be Clear That's A Metaphor

Like The Rest of Words Humans Use;

Key: Treat Humans Like 'Humans' And
One Does Much Better in Life From

(TRumP iS An EPiToME of Failure

in This Way of Being 'Human'
That May Be Measured in
Empirical Way of Course)

Birth To Death For Real;

No Matter if They Wear
'Black and White' Or More
Colors Than 'The Rainbow' Ever Dreamed Of...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:33 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

And the Joe Biden via Hunter Biden investigations will begin.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:37 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

The die has been cast.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:22 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
On the tangent:

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Bill Maher sums it up quite well:

As a gay man, I laughed at a couple of punchlines but for the most part.. “Ok, Boomer,” is right. He simply doesn’t know what he doesn’t know about gay/trans people.

Does he have to? Know LGBT issues from the inside? He’s summarizing how things look from the outside, not the inside, and there is no denying the level of change that has happened in my lifetime. You’re too young to truly understand how 180 it’s all been. It isn’t unreasonable to ask some questions. My daughter identifies as queer and the clip sounds a lot like conversations her and I have been having. I am glad the world changed on sexual and gender identity issues, I really am, and happy my daughter lives in a world she can marry whoever she will choose, and be accepted for who she is, unlike the way things were in my youth. But to expect everyone to be able to lock step go along for the ride when changes are this big simply is not realistic, and to forget that such swift changes inevitably drag along at least a little bit of trend following is naive. A person can challenge the conversation parameters and still be a true ally, and a little patience with the world as it wraps its head around new realities can help us all get to the right place more smoothly.

Yes, a lot has changed. That part is true. But he makes a bunch of statements about gay/trans people and society as if they are fact when they are his perception/opinion based on his/his writers' limited knowledge & perspective. So, yeah, I think he'd have to actually know more about gay/trans people to make proper well informed factual statements.

I'm a cis gay male. I have many gay friends/acquaintances as well as several trans ones. My current crush & favourite fwb is trans/two-spirited; so I think my knowledge of the lived experience of trans people exceeds Bill Maher's by magnitudes and I can rightfully say he doesn't know what he's talking about. But at least he still had 2-3 actual laugh out loud punchlines in this monologue so it wasn't all bad.

trump's not getting anywhere near speaker of the house nor the white house ever again. None of this is "trumped up," to "git him!" He committed many MANY crimes and now the walls are closing in on him and his goose is cooked and he knows it. No one is fabricating crimes he committed or falsifying evidence. He's simply being held accountable for what he did and that's that. The end result will be that he'll be charged & convicted of crime(s), his political career is over, he's Probably going to jail, and, IMO, highly probable that the trump organization gets RICO'd and picked apart and sold off to pay taxes for years and years to come.

Any of the top 3 trump fans in this thread care to make a friendly wager on any of these statements? Matrix? Dox? Raptor? I'm not much of a gambling man, so not really interested in high stakes - more like bragging rights. But I'd wager a small sum of $ or a beer or whatever. We'd simply have to clearly define the terms.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:40 am

trump’s lawyer says orange man and his ram watched the fbi raid live on cctv:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/christin ... 517ef8a87f

Which means they know evidence wasn’t planted and that’s just another throwing of spaghetti by trump seeing if any of his bs will stick in the minds of his cultsters so they’ll go put their lives on the line for him like that dolt that got Swiss cheesed in Cincinnati.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:48 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

That's one reason among many that they're trying to suppress him, but in doing so they may very well be planting the seeds of their own total destruction. They CAN'T allow that to happen.
The harder they go after Trump the more I'm convinced he should be president again.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:50 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Any of the top 3 trump fans in this thread care to make a friendly wager on any of these statements? Matrix? Dox? Raptor? I'm not much of a gambling man, so not really interested in high stakes - more like bragging rights. But I'd wager a small sum of $ or a beer or whatever. We'd simply have to clearly define the terms.

It's not so much about being a fan as being entertained by how worked up wokes get over him.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 13 Aug 2022, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.