F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 32 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 67  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 9:51 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Why can't those people just leave the poor guy alone.

But, according to him, he is a multi billionaire. He is not poor, except in mental capacity. He has no concept of what being poor really is. Maybe if he would get put away in a jail cell for his actions, he would learn at a fraction of a dollar an hour job. Doubtful if he would change his ways, but it is worth a try.

Yes, I realize that you did not mean that he is actually poor. He likes to kick the sand in the play box, so why it is an issue when the sand gets in his eyes?

I don’t see Trump as a poor guy no matter how one defines it. He enjoys seeing himself in the embattled position; it’s very successful for him; he’d push the claim even if no one was trying to get some dirt to stick. Many of the most real messes he is in (like the loan cliffs coming up for his businesses) long predate his political involvement and are entirely self-made, and I’m not about to feel sorry for someone who literally has gotten away with taking billions he has never had to repay (early 1990s when he got billions in debt forgiven). He has always magically skated away from his own messes; today is no different. He’s a gifted swamp salesman (people I know who worked with him talk with utter amazement on this point) and he’s currently using that to take advantage of his base. There is no “poor guy.” No one should fall for that.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 10:06 pm

The mythos of D. Trump is unparalleled.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 10:26 am

:idea: Might just be something more to this raid, but I suspected it from the get-go.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 7:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
:idea: Might just be something more to this raid, but I suspected it from the get-go.
[img]

How would they get the warrant?

There are multiple layers to protect citizens from false search and seizure.

Unless, of course, you want to claim that all those layers are corrupt ... which really is a stretch, IMHO. Not impossible, but exceeding unlikely. There is always someone to spill the beans; conspiracies that deep defy human nature.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 8:41 pm

/\
No telling what evil lurks in the hearts of Raptors.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 11:13 am

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:46 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Raptor wrote:
[img]

Unless, of course, you want to claim that all those layers are corrupt ... which really is a stretch, IMHO. Not impossible, but exceeding unlikely. There is always someone to spill the beans; conspiracies that deep defy human nature.

The wording of the warrant allowed for more to the raid other than just securing particular documents. It was purposely open ended to include seizing anything ie anything that can help the Jan 6 committee etc.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:56 pm

Trump's legal team asks for 'special master' to go through Mar-a-Lago evidence and determine if some should be returned.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/22/politics ... index.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 8:34 am

Feds Recovered 300 Classified Docs in 3 Batches From Mar-a-Lago: NYT

Quote:
Federal agents recovered more than 300 individual documents containing sensitive material from Mar-a-Lago in three bursts over the last eight months, according to a Monday report from The New York Times. Multiple sources familiar with the previously unreported number told the newspaper that the FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Florida estate this month was prompted, at least in part, by an initial flood of 150 classified documents given to the National Archives in January. This prompted fears at the Justice Department that the former president might have more material squirreled away, according to the Times.

Multiple sources also said that Trump had rifled through the boxes of documents in late 2021, while archives officials were actively attempting to recover the material.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 10:39 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
Federal agents recovered more than 300 individual documents containing sensitive material from Mar-a-Lago in three bursts over the last eight months, according to a Monday report from The New York Times. Multiple sources familiar with the previously unreported number told the newspaper that the FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Florida estate this month was prompted, at least in part, by an initial flood of 150 classified documents given to the National Archives in January. This prompted fears at the Justice Department that the former president might have more material squirreled away, according to the Times.

Multiple sources also said that Trump had rifled through the boxes of documents in late 2021, while archives officials were actively attempting to recover the material.

The part about Trump might have more material squirreled away is what bothers me. Don't they keep track of top secret documents well enough to know what is missing?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 11:22 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

The part about Trump might have more material squirreled away is what bothers me. Don't they keep track of top secret documents well enough to know what is missing?

Some articles have said some documents are so top secret they can’t even put a description of what they are on an inventory list of seized documents just in case the list is ever leaked or read by anyone without clearance to know about the existence of those documents.

So it seems that one of their security measures may be granting access to an extremely limited number of people and Not inventorying the documents At All.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 11:50 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Some articles have said some documents are so top secret they can’t even put a description of what they are on an inventory list of seized documents just in case the list is ever leaked or read by anyone without clearance to know about the existence of those documents.

So it seems that one of their security measures may be granting access to an extremely limited number of people and Not inventorying the documents At All.

I find it really hard to believe such important files and documents would not be kept track of via a code system of numbers and letters. For instance "MF 97773277 F" is what? The Bureau of Engraving and Printing knows it's a $100 Federal Reserve Note printed in 2013. The National Archives should have a similar system, but perhaps not, and the White House janitor also has a bunch of top secret documents no one knows exist, much less knows they're missing.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 12:43 pm

^There’s never been such a crimey crime crime criming potus before. In general, potus’ have been trustworthy and able to have top secret clearance to docs that are otherwise “off the record,” - or all records.

But then along came the orange former guy.. who President Biden has deemed a high enough security risk that he pulled his security clearance early on so that trump cannot receive White House briefings like other past presidents have access to if they’d like.

There’s a lot of uncharted territory with trumplestiltskin’s crime spree. I’m sure there will be a number of changes to laws and protocols to orangeformerguyproof the presidency and top secret record keeping just in case someone as others more criminal ever gets close to the Oval Office again.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 1:14 pm

Liz Cheney Dares Kevin McCarthy And Jim Jordan To Subpoena Her

“I will welcome the opportunity to come and explain to them exactly what we found and the threat that Donald Trump poses,” the Wyoming Republican said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/liz-chen ... 2c09d976c6

Thankfully there’s been a flavour trend lately of several popular potato chip brands making their versions of ketchup chips this year. Typically there’s one or two, but at the moment there must be 6 or 8 options. Potato chip forecasters must have read the tea leaves and realized that a lot more Canadians than normal were going to be watching US news rn..

:ketchup chips:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 1:20 pm

image hosting free

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 3:58 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Raptor wrote:
[img]

The wording of the warrant allowed for more to the raid other than just securing particular documents. It was purposely open ended to include seizing anything ie anything that can help the Jan 6 committee etc.

Warrants are ALWAYS left open ended enough for the agents to seize unexpected evidence of a crime they may not have been expecting. Various attorneys have pointed this out, and I have not heard a single attorney say otherwise.

Unless you've got more than the open ended nature of the warrant, this whole Jan 6 claim is reading more in than is actually there.