Page 2 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 7:46 am

I've said this before, but my feelings about the 2020 election are that it wasn't rigged in the sense of ballot stuffing or hacked voting machines, but the media environment being uniformly and hysterically anti Trump, including the suppression of stories potentially harmful to Joe Biden, during a pandemic when people were confined to their homes and thus more dependent on the media than ever for their knowledge of the world, makes the whole thing smell a bit.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:17 am

There’s no way to know **for certain** that the election was or wasn’t rigged. There are indicators that it might have been just in observing the collective conduct (hysteria) of the left from the day Trump entered the race in ‘16. That level of total nuttiness can spawn anything. That plus the way the election filled in on election night. To a totally uninterested third party it would have to look suspicious.

What’s that old saying about where there’s smoke there’s fire?

Change my mind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:29 am

When people start talking about "Italian satellites" changing the votes compiled on certain voting machines, you know there's a problem......Way beyond Tin Foil Territory.

"There's something really SCREWY going on here."

I actually would think Trump would be unappealing for libertarians.....he wants an overweening government which is not accountable for anything.

How well do you think Ron Paul and Trump would truly get along?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:54 am

If it was Russian satellites back in 2016, that would be another matter.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 8:55 am

There were several examinations and complete vote recounts which all showed nothing more than the usual statistical error and a handful of fraudulent votes so to that standard, the election wasn't rigged.

The late rise in votes for Biden was explained by the way mail-in votes were counted later on and if anything was unusual about this election it was the proportion of mail-in votes - but that was the method Dems promoted, while Reps were out for in-person voting. It turned out that the people who were more likely to use mail-in votes were also those who favored Biden.
I'm more interested in the way rules are being changed to make it more difficult to vote by mail.

But there's the instance of Trump calling Brad Raffensperger to try and get him to fake a vote count, so there's that minor detail (the whole conversation is available on YouTube), never mind all the ridiculous, ham-fisted attempts at demonstrating fraud in court.
Remember the Cyber Ninjas, and all the facts their (cough) audit was supposed to uncover? Yeah, that went really well...

I don't think the interest in Trump was hysteria, more an unrelenting series of "... and you'll never guess what he did/said next!!" stories, many fueled by Trump himself.
It was entertaining and shocking in equal measure for a while, until it gradually dawned that this thin-skinned anomaly is really who he is, that's all there is - it's not a quirk or an amusing eccentricity.

I doubt anyone had seen such a massive blowhard fantasist, living in a world where he's perfect and everyone else either immediately, or inevitably, turned out to be useless (but of course he knew all along); a world where everyone is graded against his unassailable gold standard - so there's a natural fascination in the same way as a car crash.
And I don't think there's much denying that Trump is a car crash.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 8:58 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Not really - the whole concept of satellites influencing voting machines is idiotic and technically illiterate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:58 am

During a phone call to a Georgia election official, Trump blatantly asked this person to "come up" with a little less than 12,000 votes out of the clear blue sky. This amount of votes just happened to have been the margin by which Biden won Georgia.

He's being investigated for this right now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:02 am

Hunter Biden is a chip off the old block. He's just like his father.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:03 am

Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Not really - the whole concept of satellites influencing voting machines is idiotic and technically illiterate.

That was my way of saying there was a considerable amount of lunacy regarding Russsia swinging the 2016 election.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:08 am

The FBI are a bunch of woke Leftists. I don't like them.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 30 Aug 2022, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:09 am

Hillary never incited a crowd to riot, or to attempt to prevent an official Electoral Vote count from happening. And she didn't propose oodles of nutty conspiracy theories to "back up" her claim.

The hysteria following Trump's victory was not nearly the magnitude of Trump's present hysteria (to say the least).

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 30 Aug 2022, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:10 am

The FBI is actually quite a conservative organization. They probably hate "woke" people at least as much as most right-wingers.

All they want...is for there to be a viable United States. They feel Trump is a threat to our country.

Trump doesn't want a viable United States.

(I'm not saying the FBI is perfect, nor that they don't have "skeletons in their closet." But I'd take the FBi over Trump because, at least, they don't want to raze the foundation of our nation).

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 9:40 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Hunter Biden is a chip off the old block. He's just like his father.
Hunter Biden is not running for office - what's your point?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 9:50 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
That was my way of saying there was a considerable amount of lunacy regarding Russsia swinging the 2016 election.
Lunacy? The facts don't seem to support that.

Unlike the swirling rumours about a laptop which may have been tampered with and which may or may not hold incriminating evidence about Hunter Biden, who is not running for office - this one has a very large investigation to fall back on.

Quote:
The Mueller report found that the Russian government "interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion" and "violated U.S. criminal law". The report relayed two methods by which Russia attempted to influence the election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_report

Quote:
The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election with the goals of harming the campaign of Hillary Clinton, boosting the candidacy of Donald Trump, and increasing political and social discord in the United States. According to the U.S. intelligence community, the operation—code named Project Lakhta—was ordered directly by Russian president Vladimir Putin. The Special Counsel's report, made public in April 2019, examined numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials but concluded that there was insufficient evidence to bring any conspiracy or coordination charges against Trump or his associates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_i ... _elections

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The FBI is actually quite a conservative organization. They probably hate "woke" people at least as much as most right-wingers.

All they want...is for there to be a viable United States. They feel Trump is a threat to our country.

(I'm not saying the FBI is perfect, nor that they don't have "skeletons in their closet." But I'd take the FBi over Trump because, at least, they don't want to raze the foundation of our nation).

I know there's posters who can give a coherent definition of what they mean by woke, but pretty consistently it seems to just mean stuff that conservatives don't like.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

The FBI is no different than any other government agency. It’s not about good vs. bad it’s about who’s holding the purse strings and the other end of the leash.
They are also about expanding their power and budget.

Anyone who believes any government agency is their to help has their head in the sand.