Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 9:35 pm

1. It’s full of bs & lies.

2. It’s failing hardcore.. haemorrhaging users/views & money.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/truth-so ... a556be281a

Par for the course for the orange guy with the shitas touch.. everything he touches turns to shite. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 10:37 am

Their “By Invitation Only” membership rule may be a major contributing factor. Operating a social website like an exclusive country club turned the service into a MAGA Republican echo chamber. When you have read through one pro-Trump/anti-anti-Trump thread, you have read through them all.

It is like reading through a stack of Chick Tracts and hoping to read something based on reality.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 10:40 am

Fnord wrote:
When you have read through one pro-Trump/anti-anti-Trump thread, you have read through them all.

Same with anti Trump threads, it's just endless rehashing of the same stuff people have been saying for the last 6+ years. I honestly don't get the appeal, I'd think the constant violent agreement would get boring, but they're perennially popular even when there isn't any opposition around.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 10:48 am

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When you have read through one pro-Trump/anti-anti-Trump thread, you have read through them all.
Same with anti Trump threads, it's just endless rehashing of the same stuff people have been saying for the last 6+ years. . .
At least the anti-Trump posts are based in reality, and not the delusional ravings of a narcissistic madman.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 11:09 am

Fnord wrote:
At least the anti-Trump posts are based in reality, and not the delusional ravings of a narcissistic madman.

Eh, I'd call that a tomato tomahto distinction at best, enough of the anti Trump conspiracy theories have turned out to be false, from the Steele dossier to the Russian bounties claim to Alfa Bank story, that I'm pretty comfortable calling it Kool-Aid of a different flavor.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Their “By Invitation Only” membership rule may be a major contributing factor. Operating a social website like an exclusive country club turned the service into a MAGA Republican echo chamber. When you have read through one pro-Trump/anti-anti-Trump thread, you have read through them all.

It is like reading through a stack of Chick Tracts and hoping to read something based on reality.

Facebook and Gmail started as "invitation only," so it's not an unheard of tech marketing strategy.. but obviously you still have to have a platform/service that people want to use for it to attract users.

Right from the get go it was announced that truth social is just a template of some social forum software called "mastadon," and they hadn't developed any software themselves that's anything special. That was the first red flag for investors. Then all the turmoil over the months. Even back then I predicted financial disaster for it, not just based on trump's track record or my dislike for him, but the basics of the business model just sounded like complete garbage.. so to read that it was intended to merge with this company and that in a big stock IPO deal was laughable. I figured IF it ever happened whoever threw their money in that hat was sure to lose it all. Now they're all really beginning to realize that, too, and delaying/trying to back out - which is smart.. any money tossed down that black hole is gone forever. Might be cheaper to pay any fines associated with killing the deal than it is to follow through with it.