Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 3:01 pm

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7g3m3/ ... -minnesota

:lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 3:20 pm

Kind of reminds me when one of the states passed the Haven law, they forgot to put up to how many days the baby needs to be so it allowed parents to drop off their behavior disordered and abusive kids at a hospital and leave so parents were driving all the way across to that state to drop off their out of control teenagers. This one mom used the new law to drop off her 15 year old whom she had been trying to get her help for years who had severe behavior problems. ODD I remember. She was stealing and taking her mom's identity to use her credit cards and no consequences worked and she would abuse her mom to get her way. She was also taking her things to pawn off. Plus she did drugs. Fed up, she used the new law to surrender her because it was the only way she can finally get help. She was painted in the media as a lazy mom who abandoned her kid so she went on the Dr. Phil show to tell her side the media failed to mention.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 7:52 pm

Reminds me of two things. One fictional, and the other real.

I saw a British comedy-drama on PBS about a guy who got in a fight with his business partner -the two were trying to start an underground mushroom farm- and one guy bonked the other on the head and accidently killed the other guy. But the killer told his lawyer that "at the time I did it it was legal". The lawyer assured him that "murder is never legal".

The guy says "but at the moment I did it...it happened to be during a six hour window in which there was no law in the UK against murder". He explained that Parlaiment was hell bent on getting rid of capital punishment so they repealed the old laws against murder. But then they remember that they had to make the new laws to replace the ones they just got rid of. But as Parlaiment always does...they ended up debating and bickering for six hours before they enacted the new laws. So 'during those six hours the United Kingdom had no law against murder".

The lawyer scoffed, but then opened his big dusty law book...."law XYZ was repealed at one pm on date ABC, and then new laws was enacted that same day at....OH MY GAWD...at seven pm... you're RIGHT...for six hours the UK had no law against murder".

I am sure that that was pure fiction.

But, some claim that there is real legal quirk in United States law that makes it perfectly legal to comit murder, but only if you do it in a certain five hundred square mile area of the US.

I dont quite follow the logic, but...lets just say that...if you wanna off your spouse you just might want to...take them with you on a vacation camping trip... to Yellowstone Park!

The topic six minutes into the video.

https://youtu.be/pZbN1x_wgq8

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 12:56 pm

The hippies will find a new way to get their kicks. At least those drinks don't have a smell to them.