Page 2 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 1:45 pm

I feel like this thread and the subject of it are receiving more attention than they deserve.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2022, 3:13 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I feel like this thread and the subject of it are receiving more attention than they deserve.

At least Kanye's made some decent music. More than a Kardashian has ever done for us.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 3:23 pm

cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

The billionaire

You mean like Trump?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 4:07 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

The billionaire

You mean like Trump?

Trump only plays one on TV.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 7:59 pm

Since he must be talked about in every thread, according to numerous sources Trump has a net worth of $3 billion.
And according to numerous sources Kanye West has a net worth of $6.6 billion.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 8:06 pm

I sarcastically compared to Trump because there is a certain element that suggests that Trump might not even be a billionaire.

I don't care either way because it is not for me to count someone else's money.

Precious little f***s given.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 8:12 pm

Someone else broke Glitch's Law before you did. Glitch's Law being a sarcastic version of Godwin's Law.

Really it should be a drinking game. Take a shot every time you see "Trump" while reading WP threads. Just make sure you don't need to drive anywhere for the next several hours.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 8:25 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
That's asking me to log in or register to continue reading. Did you just grab headline that sounded good without actually reading the article? Like you've done countless times before?

Before asking the question, I looked up the answer. Which is, Kanye West has never been formally diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder.

Here, I'll help you
Kanye, 43, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2016 and Kim is concerned that West may be going through a manic period.
Michele R. Berman, MD, and Mark S. Boguski, MD, PhD, are a wife and husband team of physicians who have trained and taught at some of the top medical schools in the country, including Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Washington University in St. Louis. Their mission is both a journalistic and educational one: to report on common diseases affecting uncommon people and summarize the evidence-based medicine behind the headlines.

Satisfied?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 10:02 pm

Hollywood Blasts Kanye West After Anti-Semitic Posts

Quote:
The fashion world turned its back on Kanye West last week. And now it’s Hollywood’s turn — and the rapper/provocateur has his series of anti-Semitic posts to blame.

Over the weekend, Kanye West had his Instagram restricted and a tweet taken down after he made anti-Semitic comments on both platforms. The messaging about Jewish people — paired with his claim that Black Lives Matter was a “scam” and his promotion of “White Lives Matter” shirts last week — is getting people like Jack Antonoff, Josh Gad, John Legend, and Jamie Lee Curtis to speak out against his hateful messaging.

It first started with some anti-Semitic texts purportedly to Diddy, who was calling out his controversial YZY line. Then, on Saturday, he tweeted: “I’m a bit sleepy tonight but when I wake up I’m going death con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE,” he wrote. “The funny thing is I actually can’t be Anti Semitic because black people are actually Jew also You guys have toyed with me and tried to blackball anyone whoever opposes your agenda.” (It took an hour for the post to be removed since the Tweet violated the “Twitter rules.”)

But (basically) everyone saw the tweet. And much of Hollywood was put off by the rapper’s dangerous messaging.

Meanwhile, Jamie Lee Curtis shared a screenshot of West’s tweet and referred to the fact that Yom Kippur was just a few days ago: “The holiest day in Judaism was last week. Words matter. A threat to Jewish people ended once in genocide. Your words hurt and incite violence. You are a father. Please stop.”

Curtis went on the Today Show Monday and called West’s posts “just abhorrent,” adding that she “burst into tears” seeing what West posted. “What are you doing?” she said. “It’s bad enough that fascism is on the rise… Haven’t Jewish people had it hard enough?”

Comedian Sarah Silverman questioned why there weren’t more people expressing outrage over West’s “threats” against Jews. “Why do mostly only Jews speak up against Jewish hate?” she asked on Twitter. “The silence is so loud.”

And there was a tweet from fellow Grammy winner John Legend, who didn’t mince words when coming for West’s attack on Jews (and his recent White lives matter shirt): “Weird how all these ‘free, independent thinkers’ always land at the same old anti blackness and anti semitism.”

Michael Rapaport shared a video dragging West for his tweets, calling him a “dusty prick,” and referring to the fact that he had previously defended West in the past. (The drama back then was related to Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson.) “Take a shower,” Rapaport said in a video he shared on Twitter. “But this is unacceptable… You’re never gonna be president. You prick, you.”

Josh Gad — who previously spoke out against West’s support of Trump in 2020 — quote-tweeted a 2009 post from Pink calling him the “biggest piece of s**t on earth.”

Gad wrote: “Thirteen years later, it’s aged like the finest of wines. Love you @pink,” he said.

In-between a two-part interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News on Friday, West began posting statements on Instagram appearing to blame the criticism of him on Jews. In a text exchange purportedly between West and Diddy, West said that he would “show the Jews that told you to call me that no one can threaten or influence me.”

Conservatives Are Mad Kanye Was Censored for Threatening ‘Death Con 3’ Against Jews
Quote:
CONSERVATIVES ARE DEFENDING rapper Kanye West in the wake of the artist posting multiple antisemitic statement over the weekend — including that he was going to go “death con 3” on “JEWISH PEOPLE” — resulting in a restriction of his Instagram and Twitter accounts.

Following the rebukes, right-wing commentators jumped at the opportunity to rail against the media and platforms enforcing content standards, rather than criticizing West’s antisemitism. “The constant hypocrisy from the media is at an all-time high,” Indiana Attorney General Todd Rioka tweeted on Sunday. “They have now gone after Kanye for his new fashion line, his independent thinking, & for having opposing thoughts from the norm of Hollywood.

Rioka responded to backlash by claiming he was specifically addressing West’s criticism of the media and that he is “100% supportive of the Jewish community and Israel.”

On Fox News, the hosts of Fox & Friends Sunday argued that while West’s remarks were “ugly,” removing them from public debate through “censorship” wouldn’t actually do anything to curb the spread of antisemitism. “Is censorship and silence the appropriate reaction to actually accomplish the goal of a world with less racism and antisemitism?” wondered host Will Cain.

Ironically, some readers appear to have had their comments on articles about West’s antisemitic posts removed from the Fox News website for violating the content policy of the site.

Others highlighted the bans over the antisemitic remarks that prompted them, characterizing West’s punishment as retaliation for his conservative opinions. “Terrible,” right-wing conspiracy theorist and documentarian Dinseh D’Souza wrote of West being banned for Twitter for saying he was going to go after the Jews. “Twitter dropped the hammer on the famed Trump supporter,” added former Trump White House minion Sebastian Gorka. Pizzagate conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich dismissed West’s comment as “meta-commentary” that lacked “delicate hands” and said critics of the rapper were motivated by “hate.”

Jason Whitlock of The Blaze tweeted that “Black rappers and comedians are free to denigrate black people and white men a million different ways” and that “there’s a line they better not cross. And everybody knows it.”

When asked what the line is, Whitlock wrote that it’s questioning “black entertainers’ unhealthy relationship with non-religious Jewish power brokers in Hollywood”

cyberdad wrote:
Kanye, 43, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2016 and Kim is concerned that West may be going through a manic period.
Michele R. Berman, MD, and Mark S. Boguski, MD, PhD, are a wife and husband team of physicians who have trained and taught at some of the top medical schools in the country, including Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Washington University in St. Louis. Their mission is both a journalistic and educational one: to report on common diseases affecting uncommon people and summarize the evidence-based medicine behind the headlines.

Paraphrasing what we say about autistics the apparent manic episode is an explanation, not an excuse.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 10 Oct 2022, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
That's asking me to log in or register to continue reading. Did you just grab headline that sounded good without actually reading the article? Like you've done countless times before?

Before asking the question, I looked up the answer. Which is, Kanye West has never been formally diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder.

Here, I'll help you

Satisfied?

No. I had already read about the 2016 diagnosis elsewhere before asking my question. Which was, when was Kanye West diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder? You do realize that saying severe bipolar disorder is like saying severe autism, right?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 10:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Conservatives Are Mad Kanye Was Censored for Threatening ‘Death Con 3’ Against Jews

CONSERVATIVES ARE DEFENDING rapper Kanye West in the wake of the artist posting multiple antisemitic statement over the weekend — including that he was going to go “death con 3” on “JEWISH PEOPLE” — resulting in a restriction of his Instagram and Twitter accounts.

Following the rebukes, right-wing commentators jumped at the opportunity to rail against the media and platforms enforcing content standards, rather than criticizing West’s antisemitism. “The constant hypocrisy from the media is at an all-time high,” Indiana Attorney General Todd Rioka tweeted on Sunday. “They have now gone after Kanye for his new fashion line, his independent thinking, & for having opposing thoughts from the norm of Hollywood.

Rioka responded to backlash by claiming he was specifically addressing West’s criticism of the media and that he is “100% supportive of the Jewish community and Israel.”

On Fox News, the hosts of Fox & Friends Sunday argued that while West’s remarks were “ugly,” removing them from public debate through “censorship” wouldn’t actually do anything to curb the spread of antisemitism. “Is censorship and silence the appropriate reaction to actually accomplish the goal of a world with less racism and antisemitism?” wondered host Will Cain.

Ironically, some readers appear to have had their comments on articles about West’s antisemitic posts removed from the Fox News website for violating the content policy of the site.

Others highlighted the bans over the antisemitic remarks that prompted them, characterizing West’s punishment as retaliation for his conservative opinions. “Terrible,” right-wing conspiracy theorist and documentarian Dinseh D’Souza wrote of West being banned for Twitter for saying he was going to go after the Jews. “Twitter dropped the hammer on the famed Trump supporter,” added former Trump White House minion Sebastian Gorka. Pizzagate conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich dismissed West’s comment as “meta-commentary” that lacked “delicate hands” and said critics of the rapper were motivated by “hate.”

Jason Whitlock of The Blaze tweeted that “Black rappers and comedians are free to denigrate black people and white men a million different ways” and that “there’s a line they better not cross. And everybody knows it.”

When asked what the line is, Whitlock wrote that it’s questioning “black entertainers’ unhealthy relationship with non-religious Jewish power brokers in Hollywood”

DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness.

Also I'm sure if he had said he's going "death con 3" on Christians, he would have gotten a standing ovation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:07 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness.

Also I'm sure if he had said he's going "death con 3" on Christians, he would have gotten a standing ovation.

Well, he didn't say it about Christians, and even if he had, it would still be wrong. And who is supposed to cheer him on if he had? Liberals, I suppose?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:15 am

Is supposing really necessary?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:40 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?

Well, aren't you?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

No because of what most liberals themselves express regarding Christianity.

Except maybe their unbiblical secular version of Christ and Christianity.