Nancy Pelosi’s husband hospitalized after assault at home

Page 2 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:39 pm

A really interesting observation from a mother and writer just prior to COVID on how right wing groups use social media to indoctrinate teenagers using code words

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Otherwise they might have to admit their total and complete irresponsibility for coddling right wing fanatics.

I have to admit! the right wingers were pioneers in the use of social media networking in order to fly under the radar of authorities prior to the dawn of the internet. The software/tech they developed and used was utilised to develop other social media platforms commonly used by teens now.

The right wingers also used covert/coded language to indocrinate new users. This language is now part and parcel of the lingua franca of all right wingers. Intelligence agencies have known for some time how right wingers work and this is where Steve Bannon's influence on the emerging Trump phenomenon was instrumental in creating the virtual millions of brainwashed supporters who have been tricked to use the same language.

For example the "anti-woke" movement has become so popular that even popular podcasters whose audience is the 20-35 yr old age market regularly use the same coded words which primes young white people into this frame of thinking.
Reckless acts of violence are therefore merely the end product of years of indocrination, They aren't a sign of mental illness.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 11:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Otherwise they might have to admit their total and complete irresponsibility for coddling right wing fanatics.

I have to admit! the right wingers were pioneers in the use of social media networking in order to fly under the radar of authorities prior to the dawn of the internet. The software/tech they developed and used was utilised to develop other social media platforms commonly used by teens now.

The right wingers also used covert/coded language to indocrinate new users. This language is now part and parcel of the lingua franca of all right wingers. Intelligence agencies have known for some time how right wingers work and this is where Steve Bannon's influence on the emerging Trump phenomenon was instrumental in creating the virtual millions of brainwashed supporters who have been tricked to use the same language.

For example the "anti-woke" movement has become so popular that even popular podcasters whose audience is the 20-35 yr old age market regularly use the same coded words which primes young white people into this frame of thinking.
Reckless acts of violence are therefore merely the end product of years of indocrination, They aren't a sign of mental illness.

Not many years ago here on WP, I remember an apologist for the Alt Right who claimed they were only having fun pushing people's buttons and didn't really mean the incendiary things they said and posted.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 12:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Not many years ago here on WP, I remember an apologist for the Alt Right who claimed they were only having fun pushing people's buttons and didn't really mean the incendiary things they said and posted.

Yes, that's been proven to be untrue. The conservatives who have formed radicalised mobs that attack black towns, lynched black men, committed violent acts of terrorism are normal people who were indoctrinated. Exactly like radicalised muslims.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 5:38 am

Why cant the crazies go back to being apolitical like they all were in my day?

And if the crazies hafta go after the famous why cant they go after...famous crazies? Why couldnt this guy go after Kanye? Or "Ye"?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 12:31 pm

https://www.crimeonline.com/2022/10/29/pelosi-attacker-allegedly-raped-stepchildren-consumed-by-darkness/

Forget politics, this guy is evil for the sake of being evil!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 12:55 pm

So, he had the resourcefulness to find where she lives, but didn't know she worked in Washington? Why isn't any of the reporting asking why he expected to find her at home?

I can believe he's profoundly dumb. Evidence his social media. But behind this incident is someone who isn't profoundly dumb. Did someone think this would be funny?

I fear there may be bad actors, possibly even apolitical, who take advantage of profoundly stupid people for the luls. "I bet I can get someone to break into Pelosi's home!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 3:58 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Seems the pedophiles aren't Hilary and Obama in a Pizza parlor's nonexistent basement, but are fanatics on the right.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 4:00 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
So, he had the resourcefulness to find where she lives, but didn't know she worked in Washington? Why isn't any of the reporting asking why he expected to find her at home?

I can believe he's profoundly dumb. Evidence his social media. But behind this incident is someone who isn't profoundly dumb. Did someone think this would be funny?

I fear there may be bad actors, possibly even apolitical, who take advantage of profoundly stupid people for the luls. "I bet I can get someone to break into Pelosi's home!"

It doesn't mean he's resourceful to find a member of congress' home, as that information is hardly hidden. And even if he's smart, the crazy overrides that, hence expecting to find her home.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 5:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:

It doesn't mean he's resourceful to find a member of congress' home, as that information is hardly hidden. And even if he's smart, the crazy overrides that, hence expecting to find her home.

I thought in CA, especially after the Theresa Saldana and Rebecca Schaeffer incidents, they were strict about that kind of personal info.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 5:54 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TenMinutes wrote:

I thought in CA, especially after the Theresa Saldana and Rebecca Schaeffer incidents, they were strict about that kind of personal info.

It's still not impossible to find out that information.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 6:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Forget politics, this guy is evil for the sake of being evil!

A number of the insurrectionists from Jan 6 who were hunting Nancy Pelosi had threatened to beat even in one case kill their children or spouse if they went to the police. This guy is hardly unusual,

Trump's politics also attracts apolitical types as well.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 9:48 pm

Pelosi says husband improving after violent attack at their California home

Quote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Saturday her husband was improving at a hospital, but that the attack on him by an intruder at the couple's California home left her and her family "heartbroken and traumatized."

Pelosi, D-California, updated house members on the chilling incident in a letter to House colleagues that represented her first public remarks on the violence that happened early Friday.

The speaker said she was grateful for the quick police and medical response to a 911 call from Paul, who she called 'Pop.'

"Yesterday morning, a violent man broke into our family home, demanded to confront me and brutally attacked my husband Paul," she wrote in the letter. "Our children, our grandchildren and I are heartbroken and traumatized by the life-threatening attack on our Pop."

Pelosi, 82, was rushed to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, where he “underwent successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands," Nancy Pelosi's office said in a statement Friday.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 2:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
It's still not impossible to find out that information.

It requires more than zero effort. And to actually show up at the place, and get inside. At least a couple orders of magnitude more awareness shown than expecting to find the speaker of the US house of representatives in San Francisco.

If I'm going to even so much as drive across town, to buy ice cream, I'm gonna do it when the grocery store is open. I'm gonna check that, first.

This guy did not have the mental faculties to find her place, and to show up there, by himself.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 9:02 am

The attacker may have went there initially looking for Nancy, but attacked the husband instead because she was not there. He likely reasoned that it would not be a wasted trip if he can hurt her family and scare her. The net effect is an act of terror and I hope he gets charged that way in court.

I am no fan of Nancy Pelosi (she has tried to ban classic cars in the past). However I cannot support someone physically attacking her or her family just due to a difference in point of political view. I would not support this if it happened to Trump either, who I dislike as well. Wrong is wrong. This is not what The United States of America is about, it goes against our core concepts to act in that manner.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 9:05 am

I looked very hard for sympathy but there was just none to be found.