Page 5 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 12:47 pm

The whole world watched those magas attempt their failed coup with the cooperation of some folks in law enforcement - hence the global commentary amounting to "Omg.. this is a coup - there's no way that American law enforcement agencies don't know the SOP's of building protection & crowd control.. they're in on this and letting it happen." The directions came from a bunch of maga republicans, including the world's biggest orange troll, trumplestiltskin, and so in a just world Jack Smith would be able to apply this law to their crimes and the consequences should be, at minimum, disqualification from being able to hold public office ever again.

Says me, anyways. Bet most of the world would breathe easier if it happened - helping bring longish term stability to the USA again.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 9:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The whole world watched those magas attempt their failed coup with the cooperation of some folks in law enforcement - hence the global commentary amounting to "Omg.. this is a coup - there's no way that American law enforcement agencies don't know the SOP's of building protection & crowd control.. they're in on this and letting it happen." The directions came from a bunch of maga republicans, including the world's biggest orange troll, trumplestiltskin, and so in a just world Jack Smith would be able to apply this law to their crimes and the consequences should be, at minimum, disqualification from being able to hold public office ever again.

Not everyone considered 1/6 an attempted coup.
It was a demonstration that turned into a riot that went sour.

goldfish21 wrote:
Says me, anyways. Bet most of the world would breathe easier if it happened - helping bring longish term stability to the USA again.

I have said this often:
I wish Trump would go away. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 9:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Not everyone considered 1/6 an attempted coup.
It was a demonstration that turned into a riot that went sour.

goldfish21 wrote:

I have said this often:
I wish Trump would go away. 8)

8O

Except for the part where trump and his maga republicans tried to subvert democracy, overthrow the US federal gov't, and install trump and dictator. Other than that it totally wasn't a coup at all. And I'm not talking about just the bunch of cosplay goobers that s**t all over Nancy's office. I mean the maga republicans that tried to submit fake slates of trump electors and tried to get pence to declare trumplestiltskin potus. Plus all the secret service and other law enforcement folks who were Clearly in on compromising security measures so that the bunch of cosplay goobers could run amok.

I didn't even finish watching all of the J6 hearings and even I got the message loud and clear that all of these things are real events that happened, even if faux news never reported on them. That's why Jack Smith, prosecutor of war criminal presidents, was assigned to investigate and likely prosecute those responsible. This is much MUCH more serious than a few protesters turned vandals. To suggest otherwise is pure fiction.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 10:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
8O

Except for the part where trump and his maga republicans tried to subvert democracy, overthrow the US federal gov't, and install trump and dictator. Other than that it totally wasn't a coup at all. And I'm not talking about just the bunch of cosplay goobers that s**t all over Nancy's office. I mean the maga republicans that tried to submit fake slates of trump electors and tried to get pence to declare trumplestiltskin potus. Plus all the secret service and other law enforcement folks who were Clearly in on compromising security measures so that the bunch of cosplay goobers could run amok.

To the best of my knowledge, Pence was in no position to do that.
All that might have happened was Pence DELAYING the ratification of Uncle Joes Presidency.
Pence was undoubtedly shocked at Trump's request.
He had too much integrity to engage is such nonsense.

goldfish21 wrote:
I didn't even finish watching all of the J6 hearings and even I got the message loud and clear that all of these things are real events that happened, even if faux news never reported on them.

You are hardly unbiased
Sincerely, no offence intended. :wink:

goldfish21 wrote:
That's why Jack Smith, prosecutor of war criminal presidents, was assigned to investigate and likely prosecute those responsible. This is much MUCH more serious than a few protesters turned vandals. To suggest otherwise is pure fiction.

And yet, after investigative, erm, investigation, "The Buffalo Man" was released early after justice eventually prevailed.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 10:31 pm

Biased? Informed vs. intentionally ignorant by refusing to learn anything about what really happened. Watch the J6 hearings and inform yourself vs. take my word. This was a failed coup.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 10:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Biased? Informed vs. intentionally ignorant by refusing to learn anything about what really happened. Watch the J6 hearings and inform yourself vs. take my word. This was a failed coup.
Apply the Coup Test: "If it looks like a coup, riots like a coup, and screams like a coup, then it probably is a coup."

The only thing that would disqualify the activities of Trump's followers on 2020-01-06 as a coup is the fact that it failed.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 11:03 pm

A poorly planned attempted coup isn't a real attempted coup because uhh... reasons seems to be the crux of the argument that keeps being trotted out 'round these parts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 11:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
A poorly planned attempted coup isn't a real attempted coup because uhh... reasons seems to be the crux of the argument that keeps being trotted out 'round these parts.

My big worry is that the MAGA's have learned from their mistakes and the ongoing coup attempt is not about riots but using loopholes to do it legally.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 12:23 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

My big worry is that the MAGA's have learned from their mistakes and the ongoing coup attempt is not about riots but using loopholes to do it legally.

..which is all the more ironic that trump keeps spouting off BS about "saving our country," blah blah blah - all the while he's trying to steal it.

It's gonna be awesome when the Jack Smith hammer starts to drop.. and then beats him again and again and again with charges in multiple cases. Stolen documents, J6 coup, scamming donations from supporters via illegal marketing tactics etc.

trump is so super done. It's just a matter of time and process. I think he knows it, too.. hence his lashing out at Jack Smith and other investigators/prosecutors on his social media site.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 12:56 am

goldfish21 wrote:

I watched the drama unfold.
You do realise I am entitled to have my own opinion, right?

And consider:
I am not a hyperpartisan.
I have no allegiance to either side.
I try to maintain an objective mindset with the intention of seeking the Truth.
I am sure you will respect my position here...
Erm... :scratch: :mrgreen:

Have you ever supported a right-wing policy?
If so, I may have missed it.
I, on the other hand, have agreed with policies on either side of the political divide.
I view each situation independently rather than following a political narrative. 8)

Yes, I am sure I will be "ruffling a few feathers" with this post. ;)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:06 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

And consider:

I, on the other hand, have agreed with policies on either side of the political divide.
I view each situation independently rather than following a political narrative. 8)

We're not debating policies.
You're denying that trump and his goons attempted a coup and that's what actually happened.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:12 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Agreed.

Radical dictators are scary, but the sort who appear to retain legitimacy are far worse.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:37 am

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Apply the Coup Test: "If it looks like a coup, riots like a coup, and screams like a coup, then it probably is a coup."

The only thing that would disqualify the activities of Trump's followers on 2020-01-06 as a coup is the fact that it failed.

I explained to you why there was never going to be a coup.
You would need the army to get involved, and we all know Trump NEVER had the support of the army.
Even the commander-in-chief rang his Chinese counterpart and told him that he would not respect any Trumpian military madness when he was President.

Overwhelmingly, the protestors on 1/6 just came for "the party" and were shocked that it turned into a riot.
Republicans are Ammmerian citizens, not terrorists, not to say there aren't miscreants, but you find them on the left also.
There were even antifa infiltrators agitating at the time.
Quote:
Email
New York Post
Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-ant ... t-sources/

Please, no left-wing fact-checking. ;)
To suggest there were no ppl on the political left there is an overreach.

Remember this guy:
Quote:
While a number of criminal charges have been brought forward against Trump supporters and far-right extremists, Sullivan is believed to be the first Capitol suspect to hold liberal views.

A second attempt at a demonstration never eventuated, presumably because Republicans overwhelmingly weren't interested in the previous nonsense.
Trump lost enormous support after the Capitol Hill fiasco, and so he should have.

I am sure you will agree that we are all entitled to have and express our own opinion. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:39 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

And consider:

We're not debating policies.
You're denying that trump and his goons attempted a coup and that's what actually happened.

It was a riot, as were the BLM riots.
Opinion mine.

"Let us agree to disagree."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:42 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Are you saying that dirty politics happens ONLY on the Republican side?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:44 am

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Agreed.

Radical dictators are scary, but the sort who appear to retain legitimacy are far worse.

Fear not.
If Trump becomes the Republican candidate for the Presidency, most political punters I have heard say he will fail.
I hope they are right. 8)