Trump's "poisoning the blood" remark

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2023, 10:21 am

Excerpt from 42 percent of GOP Iowa caucusgoers say ‘poisoning the blood’ remarks make them more likely to support Trump: poll by Tara Suter, The Hill, 12/20/23:

Quote:
Forty-two percent of likely Iowa Republican caucusgoers said that former President Trump’s recent remarks about immigrants “poisoning the blood” of the country makes them more likely to support him, according to a new poll.

The Des Moines Register/NBC News/Mediacom poll asked likely Republican caucusgoers about statements made by the president, including Trump’s recent claim that migrants were “poisoning the blood of our country.” The remarks have been condemned by various figures on both sides of the political aisle and resulted in comparisons between the former president and Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Twenty-eight percent of likely Iowa GOP caucusgoers said Trump’s “poisoning the blood” comments made them less likely to support him in the caucuses. Twenty-nine percent said the remark “[d]oes not matter” when it comes to their support.

The poll, conducted between Dec. 2 and 7, features responses from 502 likely Republican Iowa caucusgoers and has a maximum margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.

The former president has pushed back against the comparisons to Hitler, who wrote in “Mein Kampf” that German blood was being poisoned by Jews. At a rally in Iowa on Tuesday, Trump mirrored his recent “poisoning the blood” comments and tried to distance himself from Hitler all within a period of a few sentences.

“They’re destroying the blood of our country. That’s what they’re doing. They’re destroying our country. They don’t like it when I said that — and I never read ‘Mein Kampf,’” Trump said.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2023, 12:12 pm

All the more proof that Colorado made the right call. California and Maine are considering following suit.

But how could he be booted off the ballots of, say, Texas or Florida?

But how do we convince his followers that he's no good? How can we assure them they won't be "raped by Mexicans" or "have their guns taken away"?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2023, 9:47 pm

I agree Trump would be too lazy to read Mein Kampf. But he was taking strategic advice back in 2015 - 2018 from Steve Bannon who likely did read Mein Kampf and his ex-wife Ivana is on the record that Trump kept copies of Hitler's speeches in his bedside drawer,

like many in Trump's camp (including Trump himself) Bannon was a believer in the great replacement theory.

Some Republican politicians have endorsed the theory in order to appeal to far-right members of the Republican Party and as a way of signalling their loyalty to Donald Trump

In laymen's terms the theory espouses - "non-white immigrants are flocking to predominantly white countries for the precise purpose of rendering the white population a minority within their own land or even causing the extinction of the native population".

Now read his speech - "They're poisoning the blood of our country," Trump told a rally in the city of Durham attended by several thousand supporters, adding that immigrants were coming to the U.S. from Asia and Africa in addition to South America. "All over the world they are pouring into our country."

I am quite sure Trump continues to tap into a vein in the US population who want to hear this type of rhetoric. Whether Trump believes in great replacement theory is not as relevant as why support for Trump increased when he talked about "poisoning of American blood",
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... rump-poll/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2023, 11:53 pm

Sooo.. an admission that 42% of Iowa republicans are deeeeeeeply racist. Gross.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 3:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
I agree Trump would be too lazy to read Mein Kampf. But he was taking strategic advice back in 2015 - 2018 from Steve Bannon who likely did read Mein Kampf and his ex-wife Ivana is on the record that Trump kept copies of Hitler's speeches in his bedside drawer,

like many in Trump's camp (including Trump himself) Bannon was a believer in the great replacement theory.

Some Republican politicians have endorsed the theory in order to appeal to far-right members of the Republican Party and as a way of signalling their loyalty to Donald Trump

In laymen's terms the theory espouses - "non-white immigrants are flocking to predominantly white countries for the precise purpose of rendering the white population a minority within their own land or even causing the extinction of the native population".

Now read his speech - "They're poisoning the blood of our country," Trump told a rally in the city of Durham attended by several thousand supporters, adding that immigrants were coming to the U.S. from Asia and Africa in addition to South America. "All over the world they are pouring into our country."

I am quite sure Trump continues to tap into a vein in the US population who want to hear this type of rhetoric. Whether Trump believes in great replacement theory is not as relevant as why support for Trump increased when he talked about "poisoning of American blood",
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... rump-poll/

Trump's ex (who now permanently resides on the grounds of Maro-Lardo) had said Trump kept Hitler's speeches next to his bedside. Probably the only thing he ever put any effort into reading.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 4:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump's ex (who now permanently resides on the grounds of Maro-Lardo) had said Trump kept Hitler's speeches next to his bedside. Probably the only thing he ever put any effort into reading.

Ivana Trump? she died in July 2022.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 5:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, I know. And he had her interned on the grounds as a tax right off by claiming it was a cemetery.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 6:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, I know. And he had her interned on the grounds as a tax right off by claiming it was a cemetery.

Oh yuck! Her kids were ok with this?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 6:43 pm

In case anyone thinks this is my overactive imagination
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... 69ea839036

For Musk and Trump - there is a method to their madness.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 8:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh yuck! Her kids were ok with this?

I doubt if he ever consulted with them.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2023, 6:00 pm

Quote:
“They’re destroying the blood of our country. That’s what they’re doing. They’re destroying our country. They don’t like it when I said that — and I never read ‘Mein Kampf,’” Trump said.

"And I never read Mein Kampf", he says. lol, lmao

Of course, it would be difficult for me to say with any confidence that Trump has read any book, and it's well-known that racists hate reading (if there's one thing they hate more than other races, it's books), so I'm not sure why anyone would think this comment vindicates him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 6:03 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
so I'm not sure why anyone would think this comment vindicates him.

Insane comments have worked for him so far.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 6:53 pm

cyberdad wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
so I'm not sure why anyone would think this comment vindicates him.

Insane comments have worked for him so far.

You have to consider his base that eats up his dribble.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 7:05 pm

Judging from his commentary in 2016-2020 as president. a lot of his comments were taken as dog whistle to those who want to a safe space to say deplorable things about identity in the USA

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 7:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Judging from his commentary in 2016-2020 as president. a lot of his comments were taken as dog whistle to those who want to a safe space to say deplorable things about identity in the USA

Only a trump apologist could argue with that observation.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 7:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:

And if that’s the voting majority of Americans then they deserve to have trump end their country and be shunned by the world.

Who knew the fall of the world’s current greatest empire could be so soon and rapid? I mean, we joke about it.. but seriously; a bunch of these morons are trying to vote to Make it happen.