Elon Musk to expose Twitter's Hunter Biden story cover-up

Page 5 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 9:34 pm

^^^
I'm a Lutheran, so trust me, nobody has a lower opinion of human nature than me. But I also know part of that flawed human nature includes slander and bearing false witness against one's neighbor.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 4:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
I'm a Lutheran, so trust me, nobody has a lower opinion of human nature than me. But I also know part of that flawed human nature includes slander and bearing false witness against one's neighbor.

...On BOTH sides of the political fence...
Just to finish your thought comprehensively. ;)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 4:16 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

But when has the left been guilty of bearing false witness against the orange messiah? I thought you agreed we're all better off without him.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 11:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

But when has the left been guilty of bearing false witness against the orange messiah? I thought you agreed we're all better off without him.

You presented two separate, unconnected thoughts.
No logical connection between the two. ;)

I hate to say this, but the hard left has been engaged in "Fake News" also. 8O :mrgreen:

Keep this in mind:
I am protecting The Truth.
I am "The Oracle of Truth", after all. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 11:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

I hate to say this, but the hard left has been engaged in "Fake News" also. 8O :mrgreen:

Keep this in mind:

While I'm sure the left has indulged in fake news, it's much more an art of the right, ranging from everything from Covid Anti-vax disinformation, to the highly racist replacement theory, to election denial.
I was using the orange messiah as an example of everything the left saying about him being true.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 9:38 pm

Pepe wrote:
Elon Musk to expose Twitter's Hunter Biden story cover-up.
Has there been a major exposé on this topic yet?

Of course, I mean something other than YouTube videos, Twitter feeds or Trump tweets, QAnon drops, Facebook rants, or a webpage full of a rambling word salad that does nothing more than repeat all previous rumors and lies.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 9:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

Keep this in mind:

While I'm sure the left has indulged in fake news, it's much more an art of the right, ranging from everything from Covid Anti-vax disinformation, to the highly racist replacement theory, to election denial.
I was using the orange messiah as an example of everything the left saying about him being true.

You are entitled to your opinion, my old friend. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 9:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Of course, I mean something other than YouTube videos, Twitter feeds or Trump tweets, QAnon drops, Facebook rants, or a webpage full of a rambling word salad that does nothing more than repeat all previous rumors and lies.[/color]

I'd be shocked if there wasn't going to be.

RE: Twitter...
Transcripts have been released on Twitter.
Rather dry reading, so I will wait for a summary.

The last I heard, The Twitter leadership at the time was debating the best way to ban Trump.
It seemed like "excuse-finding" rather than an objective appraisal.
It is not a hard leap since it is well known now that Twitter was heavily left-leaning, hence the large-scale "culling" of left-leaning employees.

Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2022, 10:48 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Of course, I mean something other than YouTube videos, Twitter feeds or Trump tweets, QAnon drops, Facebook rants, or a webpage full of a rambling word salad that does nothing more than repeat all previous rumors and lies.[/color]

The last I heard, The Twitter leadership at the time was debating the best way to ban Trump.
It is not a hard leap since it is well known now that Twitter was heavily left-leaning, hence the large-scale "culling" of left-leaning employees.

But what does that have to do with the laptop? People have been talking about this a long time and nothing's ever shown up. Just rumors and theorizing.

Anyway, as a private entity, Twitter is completely in its rights to ban whoever it wants if they break the rules. This is true now with Musk, and it was true back then with whoever was in charge.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 11:16 pm

Minder wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

But what does that have to do with the laptop? People have been talking about this a long time and nothing's ever shown up. Just rumors and theorizing.

Anyway, as a private entity, Twitter is completely in its rights to ban whoever it wants if they break the rules. This is true now with Musk, and it was true back then with whoever was in charge.

Plenty has shown up, it was simply hidden. I don't know why anyone thinks they can keep this stuff under wraps. Even if the entire FBI was corrupt, instead of just 80% of it (wild guess), someone would eventually leak the truth for money. Be patient, it gets easier with practice.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 11:35 pm

Minder wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The allegation is that the left-wing monitoring employees and the leader hierarchy were censoring anything that may damage Biden's bid for the presidency.
The laptop was potentially very damaging, hence the alleged censoring of information about it.

What is happening atm is determining whether or not Twitter was actually "an agent" of the left.
The left-wing bias is just another element that has to be considered when hunting for the Truth in regard to Hunter Biden.

Minder wrote:

As I indicated, according to the transcripts, the Twitter hierarchy was hunting for an excuse to ban a member, or so it seemed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 11:39 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Minder wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Plenty has shown up, it was simply hidden. I don't know why anyone thinks they can keep this stuff under wraps. Even if the entire FBI was corrupt, instead of just 80% of it (wild guess), someone would eventually leak the truth for money. Be patient, it gets easier with practice.

Laptop-gate may or may not have changed the presidential results. 8O
We will never know, but Trump may be using this in his "The election was stolen" position. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 3:26 am

Quote:
I’ve been thinking about that conversation ever since Elon Musk took over Twitter, and particularly since Matt Taibbi and Bari Weiss last week began releasing selected internal Twitter files at Musk’s behest. These files detail, among other things, Twitter’s decisions to block access to a New York Post story about the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop ahead of the 2020 election, Twitter’s decision to eject Donald Trump from the platform, and the ways in which Twitter restricted the reach of tweets from a number of large right-wing Twitter accounts. 

The picture that emerges is of a company that simply could not create and maintain clear, coherent, and consistent standards to restrict or manage allegedly harmful speech on its platform. Moreover, it’s plain that Twitter's moderation czars existed within an ideological monoculture that made them far more tolerant toward the excesses of their own allies. 

https://thedispatch.com/newsletter/fren ... ech+Online

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 5:11 am

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
I’ve been thinking about that conversation ever since Elon Musk took over Twitter, and particularly since Matt Taibbi and Bari Weiss last week began releasing selected internal Twitter files at Musk’s behest. These files detail, among other things, Twitter’s decisions to block access to a New York Post story about the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop ahead of the 2020 election, Twitter’s decision to eject Donald Trump from the platform, and the ways in which Twitter restricted the reach of tweets from a number of large right-wing Twitter accounts. 

The picture that emerges is of a company that simply could not create and maintain clear, coherent, and consistent standards to restrict or manage allegedly harmful speech on its platform. Moreover, it’s plain that Twitter's moderation czars existed within an ideological monoculture that made them far more tolerant toward the excesses of their own allies. 

https://thedispatch.com/newsletter/fren ... ech+Online

The same argument can be made that Musk is catering to the right wing lunatic fringe under the pretext of endorsing free speech. For example, Musk said Fauci should be prosecuted. Yet the only people who want him brought to court or worse are the loony right who believe you can cure Covid with cow dewormer, or that the whole virus is just a hoax. That isn't promoting free speech, that's shouting fire in a crowded theater.

Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2022, 11:00 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Minder wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Okay, so where's the proof? We're all waiting on Twitter?

Since this feels a lot like the nonsense about Obama's birth certificate.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 12:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

The same argument can be made that Musk is catering to the right wing lunatic fringe under the pretext of endorsing free speech.

Much too early to suggest that.
Time will tell.

Kraichgauer wrote:
For example, Musk said Fauci should be prosecuted.

fauci. :eew:
One of the most disgusting creatures on the face of the earth.
He is a lefty, so I am guessing you like the guy?

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yet the only people who want him brought to court or worse are the loony right who believe you can cure Covid with cow dewormer, or that the whole virus is just a hoax. That isn't promoting free speech, that's shouting fire in a crowded theater.

I am an independent centrist and think fauci is a literal obscenity...
A disgusting creature that made a fortune on the back of the Wuhan Flu...
We won't talk about his experiments on beagles.
Oh, dear, I just did! 8O

So, you see, your statement is fallacious. 8)

Must I remind you, again, that those sorts of gross generalisations are against WP rulz? 8O