NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 10:40 am

NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida, says state "has become hostile to Black Americans"

Quote:
The NAACP issued a formal travel advisory for Florida on Saturday in response to what the organization described as Gov. Ron DeSantis' "aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools."

The civil rights organization is the latest to caution travelers against visiting Florida; the League of United Latin American Citizens and LGBTQ advocacy group Equality Florida previously issued travel advisories.

Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals," the NAACP travel notice states. "Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman