Prince Harry says William attacked him during row

Page 2 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:24 am

naturalplastic wrote:
In all of your pics the prince looks a lot like King Chuck. Goofy big ass nose and big ears and wide mouth. Nothing like square jawed, and even features of Hewitt. Give us a break! :)

Again you are falling into the same fallacy as DW. Harry's nose is like his mother Diana. Nobody is disputing the Spencer resemblance. BTW the only Windsor with bright red hair is Beatrice and she inherited that from her mother.

I'm not at any time suggesting definite paternity but only demonstrating why the rumour persists and why it haunted Harry all his life (Again it is irritating people are ignoring this is Harry's own words not mine).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:27 am

Yep

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
So even after pointing out the timing is impossible, you can't let it go?

He looks like Diana's uncle. The nose is neither Diana's nor Major Hewitts. He shares nothing but coloring with Mr. Hewitt, and that easily came from Diana's side of the family. My curiosity can be easily ignited by gossip, so I've studied the photos. Not to mention, that pesky timing. You are off-base. So just ... DROP IT.

You do realise the accusations/my post and Harry's own words against his father are about the Windsors (not the Spencers).
Please read.

The more recent posts only had "yep" and "nope" as the only words. And side by side photos. Posted by you. What is there to misread?

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 07 Jan 2023, 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:36 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

He looks like Diana's uncle. The nose is neither Diana's nor Major Hewitts. He shares nothing but coloring with Mr. Hewitt, and that easily came from Diana's side of the family. My curiosity can be easily ignited by gossip, so I've studied the photos. Not to mention, that pesky timing. You are off-base. So just ... DROP IT.

You do realise the accusations/my post and Harry's own words against his father are about the Windsors (not the Spencers).
Please read.

The more recent posts only had "yep" and "nope" as the only words. And side by side photos. Posted by you. What is there to misread?

To demonstrate the longevity of the rumour. Rumour and gossip are a currency in the Windsor family. It's no accident Charles tormented his son (probably in a fit of jealousy over the more handsome James Hewitt) to make up for his own inadequacies.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Please read.

To demonstrate the longevity of the rumour. Rumour and gossip are a currency in the Windsor family. It's no accident Charles tormented his son (probably in a fit of jealousy over the more handsome James Hewitt) to make up for his own inadequacies.

That is not how your posts are coming across. Your "yep" and "hopes" are most easily interpreted as an attempt to argue for the gossip being true.

What went on in their family and why Harry put the snide remarks in his book is besides my point. I don't want to get inside the dynamics of their family. But I can wonder why you want to drag it out when it can't be factual.

I could accept it easier if you were posing a discussion on the family dynamics, but that isn't what you've done.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 4:01 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I could accept it easier if you were posing a discussion on the family dynamics, but that isn't what you've done.

The issue is resurrected because Harry has reintroduced it in his recently published memoirs. I thought it would benefit people reading this who are not familiar with the background/history to revisit why the rumour persisted for so long.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 4:21 am

The news should know better than to always be printing negative things about our Royal Family. They ignore all the good things they do and make people assume that they don't do good things. They take just one happening in a whole book and report on it ignoring the rest of what was written? Are the reporters nuts!
I reacon that the news channels staff from top down should have their private lives reported in the same way they do to the Royal Family and see what happens. It would be very entertaining indeed!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 5:01 am

I think the British monarchy will comfortably survive the Harry/Megan drama in the same way they survived the Edward/Wallace drama in the 1930/40s and the Diana/Charles drama in the 1980s/90s and the Andrew drama. in the 2000s.

It's an essential part of the culture of the United Kingdom and the British public will never allow the House of Windsor saga to ever end,.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 5:25 am

I’d happily let the House of Windsor saga end. They are fundamental to the rot in this country and we’ll never lumber into the 21st century until they’ve gone.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Yep

Yep...his eyes are close together...like CHARLES. Not wide apart like Diana's.

Thanks for proving my point.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
I think the British monarchy will comfortably survive the Harry/Megan drama in the same way they survived the Edward/Wallace drama in the 1930/40s and the Diana/Charles drama in the 1980s/90s and the Andrew drama. in the 2000s.

It's an essential part of the culture of the United Kingdom and the British public will never allow the House of Windsor saga to ever end,.

Dude...the monarchy 'survived' very UN comfortably after each of these shocks. And these shocks are trending toward coming more frequently. part of the downward trend of a seemingly anachronistic institution.

Just pointing out your ass-backward logic.

Not saying the monarchy wont survive. Nor do I have a 'dog in the fight' whether it should or should not.

But if it does survive it will have to change in some ways I would think.

The biggest stressor on the institution is that they now allow Royals to marry commoners. It was a needed change (if for no other reason than to keep their gene pool deep). They gambled and won on Princess Kate (a commoner who took well to the role of a royal and boosted their popularity). And they gambled and lost on Megan. Who is kinda pulling the institution down.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 1:21 pm

*Yawn*

Brothers get in a minor scuffle while arguing over the future of the family business and their roles in it.

Boooorring.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The biggest stressor on the institution is that they now allow Royals to marry commoners. It was a needed change (if for no other reason than to keep their gene pool deep). They gambled and won on Princess Kate (a commoner who took well to the role of a royal and boosted their popularity). And they gambled and lost on Megan. Who is kinda pulling the institution down.

Nowadays "Aristocrats" on the edge of the royal marriage pool are sufficiently "outbreed" to warrant the gene pool being safe. For example Diana Spencer had Jewish/East Indian and commoner ancestry. Kate Middleton's mother has commoner/Jewish ancestry.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Nowadays "Aristocrats" on the edge of the royal marriage pool are sufficiently "outbreed" to warrant the gene pool being safe. For example Diana Spencer had Jewish/East Indian and commoner ancestry. Kate Middleton's mother has commoner/Jewish ancestry.

I thought Kate Middleton was a 100 percent commoner. Thats why I described her as such. Didnt know that she had any blue blood.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 7:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I thought Kate Middleton was a 100 percent commoner. Thats why I described her as such. Didnt know that she had any blue blood.

Her father might have connections to royalty but yes, as far as the blue bloods are concerned he may as well be a commoner. Kate's mother has the surname Goldsmith.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 7:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Her father might have connections to royalty but yes, as far as the blue bloods are concerned he may as well be a commoner. Kate's mother has the surname Goldsmith.

Well...that was my point. That its a trend...a gradual decline of the old order. For centuries Europe's royal families only married each other. Then in the 1936 the Prince of Wales, Edward III, fell in love with an American divorced commoner (Wallis Simpson). They wouldnt waive the rules. So he opted to marry 'for love' and choose to abdicate claim to the throne. It was a challenge to the old order, but the order prevailed.

Then at the turn of the 21st century that marriage taboo finally fell, and the Queen allowed her grandkids to marry commoners, and to retain their birthrights if they did so. Hense both Megan and Kate marrying into the Royal Family.

From DNA standpoint a little common blood is good.