Prince Harry says William attacked him during row

Page 3 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 8:14 pm

The difference between Kate Middleton/Sarah Ferguson and Diana Spencer is that they were hand picked from "suitable" commoner stock.

Megan was never "vetted" and in addition to her bloodline she was a divorcee and an actress. Hence William's altercations with his brother over his choice of bride,

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 8:33 pm

I think everyone deserves their say. The internet is on fire with Brits who are furious. People, in general, don't like their idea of how things are or should be challenged. I'm disappointed with Megan because I wish she could have found a way to help Harry cope. But, I do acknowledge that sometimes it's just too much. I hope they find peace, I also hope that Megan stays by his side. Harry may have a lonely road ahead, if he's as nice a person as he seems to be, he'll need a friend to lean on.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2023, 9:23 pm

Oh so now Prince Harry feels that he's been sidelined by his elder brother , in terms of royal prestige . To that I would say join the club. :roll: Monarchic title doesn't really work out well for anyone but the first born, in terms of primogeniture . Traditionally if you're a younger born descendant of a king, and especially if you're female, your status is not going to be automatically assured. If you're the second born son, you'll wind up like Scar from "The Lion King". But if you're the descendant of a latter born daughter, as a number of my own ancestors were, you're not even recognized as being of royal status at all, in spite of being descended from both Edward III of England, and Robert III, of Scotland, as I myself am. I am not alone in this regard either. Both of the wives of Prince William and Prince Harry respectively are also descended from King Edward III, as is such celebrities as Hilary Duff among others. We are all the distant cousins of the current British royal family, and so are "spares", yet no one even necessarily knows who we are, or even cares. But I am not resentfully complaining about how particularly unfair my life is. I don't live my life with regret. And also, I feel that for as long as there remains a hierarchic social class system , there will still be celebrity, which acts as a stand-in for the medieval relic that is royalty. The Kardashians are among America's equivalent to royalty, famous simply due to being famous, and complete with the same sort of drama.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 10:19 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
I think everyone deserves their say. The internet is on fire with Brits who are furious. People, in general, don't like their idea of how things are or should be challenged. I'm disappointed with Megan because I wish she could have found a way to help Harry cope. But, I do acknowledge that sometimes it's just too much. I hope they find peace, I also hope that Megan stays by his side. Harry may have a lonely road ahead, if he's as nice a person as he seems to be, he'll need a friend to lean on.

I am into psychology big time.
I see Megan "wearing the pants" in the relationship.
That in itself isn't a problem.

I find her manipulative/conniving to the point of wondering if she has Anti Social Personality Disorder.
She is an "A-grade" social climber, imo.
I feel sorry for Harry and the kids.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Jan 2023, 8:13 am

Pepe wrote:
I am into psychology big time.
I see Megan "wearing the pants" in the relationship.
That in itself isn't a problem.

I find her manipulative/conniving to the point of wondering if she has Anti Social Personality Disorder.
She is an "A-grade" social climber, imo.
I feel sorry for Harry and the kids.
(my bolding)
And the source of your evidence for this is?
Note: newspaper gossip and tittle-tattle doesn't count.

Has it not occurred to you that framing her behavior as such, as the "wicked witch" and as a foil to the equally framed "saintly" Catherine - is entirely intentional and designed to sell newspapers?

All you have is speculation fed by certain newspapers' unhealthy interest in spiteful gossip.
Do better.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 8:19 am

If you can find a photo of a young Prince Philip, Harry's granddad, they look very similar.

I think Prince Harry is having/has had a nervous breakdown. The extreme things he's been saying recently are pretty worrying. e.g. how many soldiers he killed in Afghanistan, how his penis had frostbite at William and Kate's wedding.

His mother died when he was very young, I doubt he got any counselling, because in Britain the stiff upper lip/ never talk about your emotions is the popular attitude. Especially in the Royal family and aristocrats generally. They see it as weak and rude to be emotional and talk about their emotions.

I think he needs counselling and help, and to go and live quietly with his wife and children in America, and wave goodbye to his family in England. Maybe see them a few times a year.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Jan 2023, 8:31 am

The saddest part of this is that he's "not allowed" to be upset at what he sees as the same unhealthy interest in his mother meted out on Meghan. And you can hardly blame him.
Much of the unresolved baggage inherited from that and her death, and the continual references to her in "newspapers", is likely enough to cause real hurt to anyone.

As for the frostbite, I suspect that's a spot of artistic license for "sodding cold".
Google frostbite to see what I mean... 8O

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 8:59 am

I just want them to be good to each other. If they can turn all of this around, find peace in each others company, raise happy children, find fulfillment and purpose, that would be the best ending to this story. I don't like Charles. I know I'm not supposed to make fun of someone for something they cannot change. But, in addition to being homely, I believe he was jealous of the mother of his children. Diana was beautiful, in every sense of the word. Instead of being grateful for the English Rose fate had married him to, Charles chose to be cruel. He felt more comfortable in the presence of that worn out shoe, Camilla. This behavior hurt both the boys, Diana's tragic passing was even harder on them. I feel for everyone involved (except Charles and Camilla, the vipers).

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Jan 2023, 9:07 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I just want them to be good to each other. If they can turn all of this around, find peace in each others company, raise happy children, find fulfillment and purpose, that would be the best ending to this story.
Same. They're both being treated very badly.

Quote:
He felt more comfortable in the presence of that worn out shoe, Camilla. This behavior hurt both the boys, Diana's tragic passing was even harder on them.
Yep, a really sad situation - but it shows how what was effectively an arranged marriage to Diana, the archetypical lamb led to slaughter, still couldn't overcome his original love for Camilla.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 10:40 am

Cornflake wrote:
The saddest part of this is that he's "not allowed" to be upset at what he sees as the same unhealthy interest in his mother meted out on Meghan. And you can hardly blame him.
Much of the unresolved baggage inherited from that and her death, and the continual references to her in "newspapers", is likely enough to cause real hurt to anyone.

As for the frostbite, I suspect that's a spot of artistic license for "sodding cold".
Google frostbite to see what I mean... 8O

If I was him I'd just say 'bye!' and go and live in America with my wife and kids, like they said they were going to. But I bet American media said 'gee, tell us all the dirt on those Royals' and it was too tempting.

No, he meant his actual penis, he went to the doctor afterwards. But why tell a detail like that? It's oversharing personal information. He also said he thought Diana had faked her own death because no one talked to him about it. Poor little boy. He's better off moving away and living happily ever after.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 4:17 pm

KitLily wrote:
I think he needs counselling and help, and to go and live quietly with his wife and children in America, and wave goodbye to his family in England. Maybe see them a few times a year.

While this is sage advice, it's probably too late now to salvage his position in the royal family and his relationship with his father and brother.

The attack on his father tormenting him does suggest you are correct, instead of helping him deal with the death of his mother he felt he was part of an attack on both him and his mother. If Charles did joke about his parentage then it shows a total lack of empathy for what his son was going through and lack of respect for Diana (his mother) after she died.

The "lashing out" in his memoirs is new ground for the Windsor saga. Yes, Harry broke the code of silence and he has "dared" air his dirty laundry. I am somewhat surprised given his years of active military service why he would be so silly as to publish the people he killed.

I am not sure if you think William went through similar mental anguish after his mother died? For William he was granted purpose as being next in line to the throne. WIlliam's personality is also perhaps more prone to a sense of duty. Harry never really towed the line with his being caught in compromising positions in media tabloids long before Harry met Megan. The seeds for the conflict between brothers was sown long before Megan ever stepped into the picture but she certainly was a catalyst.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 1:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I am not sure if you think William went through similar mental anguish after his mother died? For William he was granted purpose as being next in line to the throne. WIlliam's personality is also perhaps more prone to a sense of duty. Harry never really towed the line with his being caught in compromising positions in media tabloids long before Harry met Megan. The seeds for the conflict between brothers was sown long before Megan ever stepped into the picture but she certainly was a catalyst.

I wasn't talking about William whatsoever, but I'm sure William was just as devastated, but he was 15, Harry was 12. There is a universe of difference between a 15 year old's and a 12 year old's brain in every way, such as ability to process death, trauma, grief, and different coping mechanisms they've learned. William had 15 years of finding ways to cope with life, Harry only had 12. Children grow enormously from one year to the next.

Whereas if William had been 35, Harry 32, they would probably be in the same ballpark in ability to cope. Even so, as you say, they are totally different personalities and would cope in different ways.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 5:02 pm

KitLily wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I wasn't talking about William whatsoever, but I'm sure William was just as devastated, but he was 15, Harry was 12. There is a universe of difference between a 15 year old's and a 12 year old's brain in every way, such as ability to process death, trauma, grief, and different coping mechanisms they've learned. William had 15 years of finding ways to cope with life, Harry only had 12. Children grow enormously from one year to the next.

Whereas if William had been 35, Harry 32, they would probably be in the same ballpark in ability to cope. Even so, as you say, they are totally different personalities and would cope in different ways.

I am just posing the question (nothing else) after all this thread is about the row between William and Harry and how the pair are judged to a different standard over the row.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 2:20 am

KitLily wrote:

If I was him I'd just say 'bye!' and go and live in America with my wife and kids, like they said they were going to. But I bet American media said 'gee, tell us all the dirt on those Royals' and it was too tempting.

Most ppl who want privacy don't make continuous "Oprah-type" interviews, make 6 part documentaries, and write books exposing their privates and private life.
Well, not in my universe. :mrgreen:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 3:01 am

KitLily wrote:
I think Prince Harry is having/has had a nervous breakdown. The extreme things he's been saying recently are pretty worrying. e.g. how many soldiers he killed in Afghanistan, how his penis had frostbite at William and Kate's wedding.

While I am sure both Harry and Meghan have had a lot of stressors that certainly can't be good for their mental health, and have a lot they should be discussing in therapy, I think there is a simpler explanation for some of the over-shares in the book: publisher pressure. He was surely told he had to deliver the gossipy goods. Coming from a world of total silence, I expect he had no personal sense of where the boundaries should be when you do start sharing, and relied on his publisher.

His reaction to everything that happened with the press and Meghan is also clearly colored by the memory of what happened with his mother. He saw so many similarities, and was terrified of it happening again. He is defending his wife in the way he wishes his father had defended his mother. I really respect that, even if there are actions I wish he did differently.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 3:34 am

It would be fair to say Harry has sacrificed a lot for Megan.

But then he/Megan also stand to make a lot of money as private entrepreneurs selling his stories and working the speech circuit like the Obamas.

I think that's called a golden parachute. He and Megan will spend the rest of their lives flying private jets and drinking $10,000 champagne while living out of exclusive resorts. Nice work if you can get it.