Prince Harry says William attacked him during row

Page 4 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Jan 2023, 9:10 am

Pepe wrote:
Most ppl who want privacy don't make continuous "Oprah-type" interviews, make 6 part documentaries, and write books exposing their privates and private life.
You know, it's quite disingenuous to cast this as being nothing more than a money-grubbing contradiction to their need for privacy when in the greater part, much of what he and Meghan have done is to own the narrative by giving their side of events, instead of mutely accepting the utter crap published about them - and in Spare, Harry lays bare in detail how he's been treated through his life and how it's affected him.

I wonder, how much of what they broadcast have you watched or read?
As the self-confessed "Oracle of Truth" one would hope you're better informed than it appears.

cyberdad wrote:
It would be fair to say Harry has sacrificed a lot for Megan.
As has she for him, remember.
Like it or not, "Suits" and her other endeavours provided for a comfortable, professional living.

Quote:
But then he/Megan also stand to make a lot of money as private entrepreneurs selling his stories and working the speech circuit like the Obamas.

I think that's called a golden parachute. He and Megan will spend the rest of their lives flying private jets and drinking $10,000 champagne while living out of exclusive resorts. Nice work if you can get it.

So many sour, spiteful responses in this thread parroting the gossip in newspapers - and more than a hint of sour grapes.

Something to consider/shred on sight -
From the copyright/publisher info page in "Spare":

Prince Harry wishes to support British charities with donations from his proceeds from Spare. The Duke of Sussex has donated $1,500,000 to Sentebale, an organisation he founded with Prince Seeiso in their mothers' legacies, which supports vulnerable children and young people in Lethoso and Botswana affected by HIV/AIDS. Prince Harry will also donate to the non-profit organisation WellChild in the amount of £300,000. WellChild, which he has been Royal patron of for fifteen years, makes it possible for children and young people with complex health needs to be cared for at home instead of in hospital, wherever possible.

There's also an interesting second dedication (the first being to his own family and his mother), reading:

The past is never dead. It's not even past.
-- William Faulkner.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Jan 2023, 9:26 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
His reaction to everything that happened with the press and Meghan is also clearly colored by the memory of what happened with his mother. He saw so many similarities, and was terrified of it happening again. He is defending his wife in the way he wishes his father had defended his mother. I really respect that, even if there are actions I wish he did differently.
This ^

From Earl Spencer's Funeral Oration:
"It is a point to remember that of all the ironies about Diana, perhaps the greatest was this - a girl given the name of the ancient goddess of hunting was, in the end, the most hunted person of the modern age."

Both Harry and William were intimately caught up in all this. It's amazing they can still function at all after it and for Harry to be terrified of seeing the same thing happening with his family really shouldn't be much of a surprise - and to a large extent it is already happening.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 10:19 am

^^ Excellent posts, Cornflake.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm

Meghan comes from the world of Hollywood where gossip and any publicity is good publicity. A possible non money grubbing motive is that way of dealing with things is what she knows.

A possible not racist explanation for the British blowback is their tradition of “stiff upper lip” and “carry on” which is the opposite of Hollywood.

I think Harry is not “p**** whipped” but has wanted to be a Hollywood type celebrity from the get go.

American Conservatives hate them because of their association with “Woke Hollywood”.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 5:39 pm

Cornflake wrote:
[in the greater part, much of what he and Meghan have done is to own the narrative by giving their side of events, instead of mutely accepting the utter crap published about them - and in Spare, Harry lays bare in detail how he's been treated through his life and how it's affected him.]

This is valid they want to set the record straight, particularly since Harry will donate the proceeds from the book to charity. However, he needs to also look after Megan and his children, giving them a comfortable life that both he and Megan have become accustomed to.

He is no doubt ensuring their high profile in the media will yield lucrative opportunities in future. I suggested both he and Megan will have the talk circuit. Megan is very smart, she speaks several languages, has a Masters in International Studies from NorthWest University and has been involved in international women's issues so there is plenty of opportunity to develop a foundation for women in their names.

Harry has a military record and his royal connections will give him plenty of opportunities in the US and overseas. There is no such thing as bad publicity these days and I suspect the Sussexes' will also ride the wave of public attention they are getting.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 5:57 pm

Cornflake wrote:
As has she for him, remember.
Like it or not, "Suits" and her other endeavours provided for a comfortable, professional living.
]

A couple of things
1. I am not being spiteful or vindictive, I recognise Megan was a public figure before she met Harry. She also knew there was a risk the "fairy princess" tale would not end harmoniously with her in-laws. She has been compared to Australian Mary Donaldson who married the future king of Denmark. The thing with Mary Donaldson is she had no public profile (she worked in sales in Tasmania) so eagerly embraced the culture/position she was marrying into. I think Megan and Harry could have also swallowed the crap being published about them. But here's the thing, was Megan being set up/gaslighted as Harry was claiming? Remember Diana Spencer and Sarah Ferguson were also lampooned by the media. Perhaps the "sticks and stones" cliche applies here.

2. There is no guarantees in life. Suits was a big hit, but Megan's character was not the main star. Suits was essentially a television drama, there was no evidence from Megan's acting history she was bound for cinematic stardom (she was already in her mid-30s which for an actress who's fame was her "hotness" she was past her prime). I have no doubt she could lived comfortably but nowhere in the league of being married to the brother of the future king of England.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 6:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It would be fair to say Harry has sacrificed a lot for Megan.

But then he/Megan also stand to make a lot of money as private entrepreneurs selling his stories and working the speech circuit like the Obamas.

I think that's called a golden parachute. He and Megan will spend the rest of their lives flying private jets and drinking $10,000 champagne while living out of exclusive resorts. Nice work if you can get it.

The hypocrisy of these climate change activists is staggering. :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 6:20 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Meghan comes from the world of Hollywood where gossip and any publicity is good publicity. A possible non money grubbing motive is that way of dealing with things is what she knows.

A possible not racist explanation for the British blowback is their tradition of “stiff upper lip” and “carry on” which is the opposite of Hollywood.

I think Harry is not “p**** whipped” but has wanted to be a Hollywood type celebrity from the get go.

American Conservatives hate them because of their association with “Woke Hollywood”.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Meghan is seen as a social climber because she acts like a social climber. :mrgreen:

Regarding Harry, the indications that I can see is that he is, indeed, "P**** whipped".
Just my OPINION based on 6 decades of life experience. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 6:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
This is valid they want to set the record straight, particularly since Harry will donate the proceeds from the book to charity. However, he needs to also look after Megan and his children, giving them a comfortable life that both he and Megan have become accustomed to.

He is no doubt ensuring their high profile in the media will yield lucrative opportunities in future. I suggested both he and Megan will have the talk circuit. Megan is very smart, she speaks several languages, has a Masters in International Studies from NorthWest University and has been involved in international women's issues so there is plenty of opportunity to develop a foundation for women in their names.

Harry has a military record and his royal connections will give him plenty of opportunities in the US and overseas. There is no such thing as bad publicity these days and I suspect the Sussexes' will also ride the wave of public attention they are getting.

The irony here is that Harry has accused Camilla of engaging in a "Charm Offensive" to improve her public image and some could say that he and Meghan are doing the same.

I have no problem with people giving money to charities, but I think it naive to think this action doesn't have long-term self-interests in mind, also, as you have mentioned.
I suggest ppl invest more effort in having a greater understanding of human psychology.
It REALLY does pay dividends. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 6:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:

A couple of things
1. I am not being spiteful or vindictive, I recognise Megan was a public figure before she met Harry. She also knew there was a risk the "fairy princess" tale would not end harmoniously with her in-laws. She has been compared to Australian Mary Donaldson who married the future king of Denmark. The thing with Mary Donaldson is she had no public profile (she worked in sales in Tasmania) so eagerly embraced the culture/position she was marrying into. I think Megan and Harry could have also swallowed the crap being published about them. But here's the thing, was Megan being set up/gaslighted as Harry was claiming? Remember Diana Spencer and Sarah Ferguson were also lampooned by the media. Perhaps the "sticks and stones" cliche applies here.

Harry was deeply scarred by what had happened to his mother.
This needs serious consideration. 8)

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 8:23 am

Pepe wrote:
KitLily wrote:

If I was him I'd just say 'bye!' and go and live in America with my wife and kids, like they said they were going to. But I bet American media said 'gee, tell us all the dirt on those Royals' and it was too tempting.

Most ppl who want privacy don't make continuous "Oprah-type" interviews, make 6 part documentaries, and write books exposing their privates and private life.
Well, not in my universe. :mrgreen:

Exactly. They don't really want privacy.

However I did read that all Harry's stories about losing his virginity, his frostbitten penis etc. are to 'tell all' so that the Royal Family has nothing to hold over him to blackmail him with.

If so that's a sensible idea! 'Everyone knows everything about me now so there's no story!'

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 3:55 pm

Harry is front page news on Australian papers now every single day!!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 3:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
This is valid they want to set the record straight, particularly since Harry will donate the proceeds from the book to charity.

He will get at least 50% back through tax deductions.
The same with Meghan.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 4:54 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
This is valid they want to set the record straight, particularly since Harry will donate the proceeds from the book to charity.

The same with Meghan.

A lot of wealthy philanthropic benefactors to charities do the same Pepe.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 5:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The same with Meghan.

A lot of wealthy philanthropic benefactors to charities do the same Pepe.

I realise that.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 12:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Harry is front page news on Australian papers now every single day!!

Yes, same in Britain. So boring :roll: