Trump Georgia grand jury sends findings to D.A.

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 11:02 am

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics ... 3279272067

A "special grand jury" has completed its work pertaining to the Georgia charges related to Trump's interference with the electoral process.

All this "special grand jury" can do is "make a recommendation" that the process for indicting Trump be instigated by a regular Georgia grand jury....rather like the 1/6 Committee's "recommendation" that the Justice Department pursue criminal charges.

Slow like a Sloth!

I understand people like Thurgood Marshall had to go through the same legal loops in order to get civil rights legislation rolling. I admire his patience. He was the guy who was a main character in Brown Versus Board of Education, the legal entity which served to outlaw segregation in the public schools of the United States. He became the first black Supreme Court Justice in 1967.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 2:46 pm

Georgia grand jury probing Trump for possible 2020 election crimes completes work

Quote:

A special grand jury in Georgia that has been investigating former President Donald Trump and others for possible crimes related to their efforts to reverse his 2020 election loss in that state has completed its work, according to a court filing.

The end of the state grand jury’s work eight months after its members were seated means it will now be up to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to decide whether to file criminal charges in the case.

The grand jury, which has been gathering evidence and hearing testimony in Atlanta, has written a final report on its findings.

Fulton County Judge Robert McBurney, who signed an order dissolving the grand jury, has scheduled a hearing for Jan. 24 that will address what portions, if any, of that report will be released to the public.

A court filing says that the grand jury voted to recommend that its report be published.

Witnesses who testified before the grand jury included Trump’s former personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 12:11 am

Why no response to this?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 6:31 am

We’re all holding our breath to see if he gets charged. :D
:?

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 7:49 am

The only interference in the election process was perpetrated by the left. I know because I watched the election that night and the days following, and it was obvious to all that it was not a normal election. So, no, nothing will come of it charging Trump because he was the victim.

We live in a society now where the left is a dictatorial regime and will stop at almost nothing to obtain their agenda (short of a military show of force). But I am sure that will come someday in the name of 'betterment for the people', as it did in communist countries.

Last edited by MissMary227 on 10 Jan 2023, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 7:56 am

Obviously, people who worship Trump as some sort of “god” don’t do enough research. They blindly follow an ideology without thinking.

They’re very dangerous things—personality cults.

How did “the left” participate in the vandalism at the Capitol?

Makes as much sense as activities in a basement where there is no basement.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:01 am

I don't worship anyone. I only worship God.

Trump specifically gave a speech telling folks not to do anything crazy or violent. People were angry because we witnessed the stealing of an election and fraud being perpetrated against a sacred rite in our country: that of electing our president. When they stole the election, it was war. And some folks reacted in anger which is understandable, even if unacceptable.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 8:04 am

Trump didn’t do a damn thing but watch TV for about 3 hours after the start of the vandalism.

Most Presidents, even very Republican ones, would have called out the National Guard pronto….1 second after the first broken window.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:19 am

People who hate will always find reasons to continue hating. People can always find ways to criticize others' actions. There is a bible verse about this actually:

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.~Matthew 7:3-5

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 8:34 am

If a "progressive Democrat" would have done the same things as Trump did.....I would have the identical reaction to these "same things."

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If a "progressive Democrat" would have done the same things as Trump did.....I would have the identical reaction to these "same things."

Well, they do far worse things, you just cannot see it for the scales..... :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 8:40 am

I can't see that there is anything much worse than inciting an insurrection because one is a sore loser. To try to prevent Congress from certifying what, to 99% of the population, was the true election result.

Trump lost fair and square in 2020. He also lost fair and square in 2016----he won through the Electoral College, but lost the popular vote.

The Electoral College results superseded the popular vote results; therefore, he "won" the Presidency. I never denied that Trump won the Presidency. But he did lose the popular vote.

If somebody, in 2017, would have done what the mob did in the Capitol in 2021, I would have had an identical reaction. This sort of thing undermines the principles from which this country was founded.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 8:50 am

MissMary227 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well, they do far worse things, you just cannot see it for the scales..... :wink:

First off...its not about 'left vs right'. Its about everyone, left and right and center, on one hand...and Trump alone on the other hand.

Trump is the first POTUS to try to steal an election, subvert the rule of law, and to attempt to become El Presidente for Life, like a banana republic dictator.

What other US Potus (GOP, Dem, Whig, or whatever) ever done anything that heinous in that last two plus centuries?

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:52 am

Funny how the opposing side twists the truth from what they actually did. In psychology we call it projection.

The election was stolen from Trump. I watched it go down. Anyone who did not see that on the night of the election and they days following is blinded.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 8:56 am

What exactly did you "see"?

The Italian satellites altering the voting machines?

People who are now blinded by the Trump Aura-----hopefully-----will "see the light" in the passage of time.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 9:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What exactly did you "see"?

The Italian satellites altering the voting machines?

People who are now blinded by the Trump Aura-----hopefully-----will "see the light" in the passage of time.

I have to go to work J but I saw everything shut down just as Trump was undeniably winning. Then when things opened up, all the crucial sites began to take over at the same rate in the opposite direction. I am good at math and statistics but you don't need to be a wizard to understand there was a bunch of shenanigans at play!