Classified documents found in Biden’s old office

Page 5 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I bet they all took documents.
Clinton’s are hid in a mattress or cigar box.
Jimmy Carter burned them in the burn barrel behind his house.
Reagan forgot where he left his.
Castro has Kennedy’s

ObamNa took his back to Nigeria or wherever trumpty said he was born. :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 4:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I bet they all took documents.
Clinton’s are hid in a mattress or cigar box.
Jimmy Carter burned them in the burn barrel behind his house.
Reagan forgot where he left his.
Castro has Kennedy’s

ObamNa took his back to Nigeria or wherever trumpty said he was born. :lol:

Yeah and a goat in Kenya ate them.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 6:35 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I would think that Biden’s house would be really well guarded. Political enemies could not just meander in and plant documents. That why I doubt it was planted and if it was planted it was an inside job by the secret service and that person would have to plant them without getting caught, unless the whole detail was in on it.

The problem is the entitled attitude these politicians have towards documents that are not theirs. That is the common thread with Hillary’s email and the Trump and Biden purloined documents. The biggest excuse for this I have heard is that documents are way over classified. As true as that it is still an illegal activity.

"Power corrupts...
Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely..."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 6:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Biden probably actually took docs home to read for work purposes and then forgot to return them like overdue library books. Probably common practice for presidents to be kinda lax about stuff like this even though it's likely against documented official rules. He may be technically in the wrong and an investigation will determine that.

Big difference with that troll, trumplestiltskin, who stole hundreds/thousands of documents, got caught, then refused to return them for a year and a half, had a search warrant served, had lawyers lie saying everything was returned, got caught with more documents another couple times since.. keeps lying - saying he declassified everything, he's immune from prosecution/executive privilege, blah blah blah. Possibly showed/sold sensitive materials to enemies for personal/financial gain, or planned to, or as Michael Cohen says may have planned to use the docs to blackmail the US gov't.

YUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in breaking protocol to read some stuff at home and then old man forgetting to return your library books and stealing & concealing top secret docs with nefarious intentions and ever changing lies and cover-ups about it.

Maybe Biden deserves some sort of peepee slap, but trumplestiltskin belongs in jail.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
The right will continue to have a field day as a result.
Silly "Sleepy Joe". :lmao:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 10:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Biden probably actually took docs home to read for work purposes and then forgot to return them like overdue library books. Probably common practice for presidents to be kinda lax about stuff like this even though it's likely against documented official rules. He may be technically in the wrong and an investigation will determine that.

Big difference with that troll, trumplestiltskin, who stole hundreds/thousands of documents, got caught, then refused to return them for a year and a half, had a search warrant served, had lawyers lie saying everything was returned, got caught with more documents another couple times since.. keeps lying - saying he declassified everything, he's immune from prosecution/executive privilege, blah blah blah. Possibly showed/sold sensitive materials to enemies for personal/financial gain, or planned to, or as Michael Cohen says may have planned to use the docs to blackmail the US gov't.

YUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in breaking protocol to read some stuff at home and then old man forgetting to return your library books and stealing & concealing top secret docs with nefarious intentions and ever changing lies and cover-ups about it.

Maybe Biden deserves some sort of peepee slap, but trumplestiltskin belongs in jail.

Wishful thinking on your part, let's wait and see, hmmm? You just hate Trump, you're like so many who happily apply the law to the fullest extent to someone they hate. The law is the law, it's supposed to be applied fairly.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 10:37 pm

FBI, Justice Department Routinely Prosecute Misuse of Classified Documents

Quote:
Since 2005, the FBI and the Justice Department have launched at least 11 such investigations, some targeting high-profile former U.S. officials, including a former national security adviser and a former CIA director.

Others who have been prosecuted and who have pleaded guilty or were convicted include Defense Department employees, defense contractors and employees or contractors with the FBI, the CIA and the National Security Agency.

Retired U.S. Army General David Petraeus, a former CIA director, pleaded guilty to one count of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material. The plea followed revelations that Petraeus shared some of the materials with his biographer and mistress.

Petraeus was sentenced to two years of probation and a $100,000 fine.

U.S. Navy reservist Bryan Nishimura was sentenced to two years of probation and a $7,500 fine after he pleaded guilty to downloading and storing classified documents from his deployment to Afghanistan in 2007-2008 on his personal devices and media. A search of his home in May 2012 turned up numerous classified materials, both in digital and hard copy formats.

Former defense contractor and sailor Weldon Marshall was arrested for unlawfully retaining classified information, stored on compact discs and computer hard drives that he kept at his home in Texas. The information included classified documents from Marshall’s time with the U.S. Navy and from his time as a defense contractor in Afghanistan.

Marshall pleaded guilty in March 2018. He was sentenced in June 2018 to more than three years in prison followed by a year of supervised release.

Classified documents are not f*****g library books. They are not supposed to be in anybody’s home.

Trump set the bar way way way to low. Is not as bad as Trump does not mean nothing burger.
Why assume what has been revealed is as bad as it going to get? They have not exactly been forthcoming or consistent.

How are all of you downplaying this at this early point all that different from the MAGA cultists? See no evil, hear no evil.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 10:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
Since 2005, the FBI and the Justice Department have launched at least 11 such investigations, some targeting high-profile former U.S. officials, including a former national security adviser and a former CIA director.

Others who have been prosecuted and who have pleaded guilty or were convicted include Defense Department employees, defense contractors and employees or contractors with the FBI, the CIA and the National Security Agency.

Retired U.S. Army General David Petraeus, a former CIA director, pleaded guilty to one count of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material. The plea followed revelations that Petraeus shared some of the materials with his biographer and mistress.

U.S. Navy reservist Bryan Nishimura was sentenced to two years of probation and a $7,500 fine after he pleaded guilty to downloading and storing classified documents from his deployment to Afghanistan in 2007-2008 on his personal devices and media. A search of his home in May 2012 turned up numerous classified materials, both in digital and hard copy formats.

Former defense contractor and sailor Weldon Marshall was arrested for unlawfully retaining classified information, stored on compact discs and computer hard drives that he kept at his home in Texas. The information included classified documents from Marshall’s time with the U.S. Navy and from his time as a defense contractor in Afghanistan.

Marshall pleaded guilty in March 2018. He was sentenced in June 2018 to more than three years in prison followed by a year of supervised release.

Classified documents are not f*****g library books. They are not supposed to be in anybody’s home.

Trump set the bar way way way to low. Is not as bad as Trump does not mean nothing burger.
Why assume what has been revealed is as bad as it going to get? They have not exactly been forthcoming or consistent.

How are all of you downplaying this at this early point all that different from the MAGA cultists? See no evil, hear no evil.

I havent downplayed it, but I am kind of shocked. It's just... how could Biden be THAT stupid?

Then again I've been saying for months that the extremists on the left are almost as bad as the ones on the right in terms of insanity.

I think we really honestly have turned into a kakistocracy. How else can we explain the clown show that is American Politics? It used to be funny but now it's more terrifying than anything.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:06 pm

How do you guys know potus can’t sign out top secret docs like library books? :?

From all this STOLEN trump doc stuff in the news we’ve learned that there are various levels of top secret docs and only the very top level are to be viewed in secured facilities ONLY. (Which trump stole some of those, hid them at maga-lardo, and lied about it repeatedly.)

There are others that seem presidents and others with clearance can remove from the archives to review and then return.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:21 pm

The documents were never returned. ^

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
How do you guys know potus can’t sign out top secret docs like library books? :?

From all this STOLEN trump doc stuff in the news we’ve learned that there are various levels of top secret docs and only the very top level are to be viewed in secured facilities ONLY. (Which trump stole some of those, hid them at maga-lardo, and lied about it repeatedly.)

There are others that seem presidents and others with clearance can remove from the archives to review and then return.

How presidents are supposed to handle classified documents
Quote:
Timothy Naftali. He's a professor of public service at New York University, and he previously served as director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum, where he worked with classified material. And he's with us now.

NAFTALI: Well, presidents and vice presidents and members of the National Security Council live in a bubble. They can move classified records around their offices - and, in the case of the president and the vice president, too, I believe, their residences, in a way that ordinary mortals cannot. Now, that doesn't mean that this should continue once they leave office because once they leave office, those classified materials don't belong to them. They belong to the American people. They have the right to go to the National Archives anytime they want to read their materials while they're working on their memoirs. But they're not allowed to bring those classified materials home anymore to write their memoirs. There was a time when they could, but that ended decades ago.

MARTIN: And why did it end?

NAFTALI: It ended because of Watergate.

‘Top Secret’ document among those discovered in Biden’s former office

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:36 pm

So there ya go, he could have been allowed to have them at home during the course of his work and then forgot about returning them.

Big difference between that and trump stealing everything that wasn’t nailed down and then concealing it and lying about it.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
So there ya go, he could have been allowed to have them at home during the course of his work and then forgot about returning them.

Big difference between that and trump stealing everything that wasn’t nailed down and then concealing it and lying about it.

:roll:

So biased it's not even worth replying... Don't you have your own country to worry about?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:52 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

:roll:

So biased it's not even worth replying... Don't you have your own country to worry about?

Not really. Apples to oranges scenarios.

Biden’s people found docs and self reported and are cooperating fully with investigations.

orange F stole tons of stuff and lied about it over and over. Possibly stole it to sell it. Big national security risk. Big difference between that and the handful of docs Biden held onto, possibly mistakenly.

Two separate special counsel investigations going on. We’ll see how things shake out. But I bet they end up as different as I describe.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 12:06 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Again Trump is a whole different level of bad. Any comparison to Trump can be used to excuse anything possibly short of Santos, and probably not him either. I will never go there.

You are hoping he just forgot, you have as much evidence of that as I have that he deliberately stole it to protect a nefarious Ukrainian business deal with his son.

Lets assume that you are right he forgot. Unlike Biden it is not part of your or my job description to bring library books back nor is it illegal for us to forget.

I agree with you about one thing, he won’t be prosecuted. It won’t be because it is a nothing burger compared to Trump, and it won’t be because of a cover up. Precedent says a President can not be prosecuted while in office and once he is out of office there be no will to prosecute someone that old.

And it’s apples to Orange Man :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 12:14 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

And it’s apples to Orange Man :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but I had to laugh about how funny that is. :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 12:53 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Hyperpar... erm... :silent: