Classified documents found in Biden’s old office

Page 4 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 7:06 am

Pepe wrote:
It staggers me that in a country of 330 million ppl, Aameeria can't find appropriate Presidential contenders on either side of the political divide.

Take a look at what we do to them, the microscopic examination of every facet of their lives. Most people aren't perfect, and the process not only turns over every rock, but has a way of finding issues people didn't even know they had.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 7:21 am

At least Biden didn’t seek to change the 2016 election results through delusion. He understood Trump won in 2016.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 7:32 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Found Nov 2 just before the midterm elections and we are just finding out about it now. Hmmm.

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/is-biden-b ... o-ukraine/

There's a theory that TPTB are using leaks like this to tighten the vice in order to get him to put troops on the ground in Ukraine. Might be something to it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 1:39 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I was shocked to hear just now on the news that Biden is thinking about running again. <shock, horror!> 8O
Is he that far gone that he doesn't realise he needs to retire? :scratch:

The problem is that the party doesn't really have anyone else it thinks can win. Keeping Trump out is important, but I hope the Republicans can handle that piece.

Biden needs to retire. He ran saying he'd be a one term president, and he needs to stick to that. I don't buy all this puppet stuff, and I find it unfortunate he doesn't get credit for the many good things he actually has done (they really exist), but he's simply too old.

The Biden administration is making Australia militarily safer from an expansionist China.
I doubt the Orange Man would have done that with his isolationist policies.
I have no desire for a Trump return.

It staggers me that in a country of 330 million ppl, Aameeria can't find appropriate Presidential contenders on either side of the political divide.

Are you under the impression that common citizens select presidential candidates? :lol: Umm, no. That would be Big $ interests. Candidates are whomever they deem worthy of paying for & owning.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2023, 2:47 pm

Pepe wrote:
"Political hypocrisy" when it is uncovered.
Ahhhh.
So satisfying. :mrgreen:

And people wonder why I despise politicos of all stripes…

It all started back in the early 1970’s with Watergate. It continued threough Ray-gun, Sick Williestuffing a cigar up Lewinsky’s privates, through Trumplestilkin, and now Brandon.

As for state government, I have no love for the Wolf administration here in Pennsyltucky, save for Wolf executive secretary, whom I went to high school with (and is 6 weeks older than me). She’s smarter than Wolf, Fetterman (who literally destroyed Braddock, PA when he was mayor) and Governor-Elect Shapiro. Why can’t PA have someone along the likes of hizzonner, the mayor of Maryland, the late Billy Don Schaeffer, who, like the rest of the politicos in this country, was corrupt as all hell, but the entertainment value watching him trying to govern the state of Maryland, let alone trying to govern the city of Bawlmer.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm

Obama-era White House counsel will represent Biden on classified documents

Quote:
President Biden’s personal attorney Bob Bauer will represent him in matters related to the classified documents found in his office at the Penn Biden Center and at his Wilmington, Del., residence, the Biden administration confirmed on Friday.

Bauer, White House counsel in the administration of former President Barack Obama, has been a key player in Biden’s orbit for years. Bauer helped spearhead issues around voting ahead of — and after — the 2020 election and also helped vet Kamala Harris for vice president. He was a central figure in Biden’s debate preparations ahead of his 2020 clashes with Donald Trump, even standing in to play the then-Republican president in practice sessions.

In December, the administration also announced that Bauer would represent the president “in a personal capacity should the need arise,” if Congressional Republicans go through with their often talked about plans to investigate the president’s son, Hunter Biden. But his retention for matters related to the handling of classified documents underscores the growing political significance of that issue.

The announcement comes a day after Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed former U.S. attorney Robert Hur as special counsel to investigate the storage of the documents. It also was revealed right at the time that House Republicans began issuing oversight demands into the matter.

On Friday afternoon, Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La.) sent a letter to Garland demanding details by Jan. 27 about his handling of the case, including his decision to appoint Hur.

“The circumstances of this appointment raise fundamental oversight questions that the committee routinely examines,” the lawmakers wrote.

In the three-page letter, Jordan and Johnson asked for details about the communications between DOJ, the FBI and the White House regarding the discovery of the documents as well as any other documents related to the storage of sensitive records discovered in Biden’s Wilmington residence and at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C.

Typically, DOJ provides little, if any, information to Congress regarding ongoing investigations, and it’s unclear that the memos setting out Garland’s appointment of special counsel Robert Hur, a former Trump-appointed U.S. attorney from Maryland, would be included in any disclosures to the committee.

The panel is also operating without a full slate of members, which means it is unable to issue subpoenas.

Total number of Biden documents known to be marked classified is about 20, source says
Quote:
The approximately 10 documents marked classified and discovered at the Penn Biden Center included top-secret material, according to a federal law enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

Top secret is the highest of the three basic levels of classification: confidential, secret and top secret. A leak of top secret information could cause "exceptionally grave damage."

Fewer than 10 documents marked classified were found at the Biden residence in Wilmington, Del., and none were marked top secret.

In all, the source said, the total number of known documents marked classified is roughly 20, between the two locations.

Democratic allies grow frustrated with White House response to Biden's classified documents
Quote:

Democratic allies are voicing frustration with White House officials’ tight-lipped approach to the classified documents found in an office and residence of President Joe Biden, calling on the administration to be more forthcoming in its handling of the issue.

The uproar over the documents has quickly distracted from the administration's policy agenda, and could also influence the timing of Biden announcing his 2024 plans. Some Democrats are now suggesting that he wait and let the controversy wane before launching a re-election bid.

Until then, Biden needs to more fully explain how and why classified records dating back to his vice-presidency wound up in his garage and a private office in Washington, D.C., according to Democratic strategists, lawmakers and even administration officials.

“He’s got to say, ‘I messed up, I apologize,’” said Lanny Davis, who handled various investigations as a lawyer in the Clinton White House.

“With the wisdom of hindsight, it’s not too late for President Biden to own up to mishandling this,” added Davis, who now works in crisis management. “Own it!”

A statement from a White House lawyer, Richard Sauber, mentioned only classified material found at the center. NBC News reported Wednesday that Biden aides had discovered an additional batch of classified records — a fact not mentioned in the White House’s initial acknowledgment. A new statement from Sauber on Thursday revealed that records were also found in in Biden’s garage in Wilmington and in one of the home’s adjacent rooms.

“I think it was a misstep,” said a Biden administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity to talk freely. “If you’re going to be transparent, you have to be forthcoming with what you know and when you know it. When you start trickling out information that you knew already, it starts to raise more flags. People start wondering, ‘When is the next shoe going to drop?’”

One Democratic member of Congress said he has heard nothing from White House officials about what happened and is at a loss to explain it to constituents.

“I presume they’re trying to line up the facts and give us guidance,” the lawmaker said, speaking on condition of anonymity to talk more freely. “But we’re also hanging out here.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 11:05 pm

Why should he 'own it?' What incentive is there for him to do that? He's the Teflon Don of the White House.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 11:13 pm

MuddRM wrote:
Pepe wrote:
"Political hypocrisy" when it is uncovered.
Ahhhh.
So satisfying. :mrgreen:

And people wonder why I despise politicos of all stripes…

I will never vote for any political party ever again.
I think that says it all. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 4:06 pm

Quote:
DOJ Indicts Trump For Biden’s Possession Of Classified Documents
U.S. · Jan 12, 2023 · BabylonBee.com
Article Image

WASHINGTON, DC — After multiple caches of highly classified government documents were found in different locations belonging to President Joe Biden, the United States Department of Justice acted swiftly to indict former President Donald Trump for the alleged crime.

"This is a serious violation of federal regulations," Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a press briefing announcing the indictment. "We will take all measures available to the Justice Department to hold Donald Trump accountable for President Biden being found in possession of these documents."

"No one is above the law."

Sensitive documents related to Ukraine, Iran, and the UK were found in an office used by Biden at the University of Pennsylvania, though investigations as to what Biden was doing for the University were still ongoing. "President Biden played such a vital role here at the University," said school spokesperson Barry Windham. "He was the head of various committees here at the school, including the…the, uh…he... so many things."

When news of the indictment broke, Trump was quick to offer his response. "How can they indict me for something Biden did? How does that make any sense?" the former President said in a post to his Truth Social account. "I was in possession of the most beautiful, perfectly filed documents WHICH I DECLASSIFIED MYSELF. This is just another WITCH HUNT! WRONG!"

At publishing time, more searches were reportedly already underway at other locations belonging to Biden, including his White House nap room and his Spongebob Squarepants lunchbox, in hopes of gathering more evidence to use against Donald Trump.

https://babylonbee.com/news/doj-indicts ... -documents

SATIRE! :mrgreen:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 5:02 pm

Am I the only one who wonders if these documents were planted on Biden by his political enemies? I just think either the whole thing smells fishy or Biden really needs to retire..

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 9:59 pm

More documents marked as classified found at Biden's home, White House says

Quote:
Lawyers for President Biden found more documents marked as classified at his home in Wilmington, Delaware, than previously known, the White House acknowledged in a statement Saturday. White House lawyer Richard Sauber said in a statement that a total of six pages of documents marked as classified were found during a search of Mr. Biden's private library.

The White House had said previously that only a single page was found there.

Sauber said in a statement Saturday that Mr. Biden's personal lawyers, who did not have security clearances, stopped their search after finding the first page on Wednesday evening. Sauber found the remaining material Thursday, as he was facilitating their retrieval by the Department of Justice.

"While I was transferring it to the DOJ officials who accompanied me, five additional pages with classification markings were discovered among the material with it, for a total of six pages," Sauber said. "The DOJ officials with me immediately took possession of them."

Sauber has previously said that the White House was "confident that a thorough review will show that these documents were inadvertently misplaced, and the president and his lawyers acted promptly upon discovery of this mistake."

Sauber's statement did not explain why the White House waited two days to provide an updated accounting of the number of records with classified markings. The White House is already facing scrutiny for waiting more than two months to acknowledge the discovery of the initial group of documents at the Biden office.

On Thursday, asked whether Mr. Biden could guarantee that additional classified documents would not turn up in a further search, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters, "You should assume that it's been completed, yes."

Have they looked at Hillary’s email server to see if any of the documents were downloaded there?

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Am I the only one who wonders if these documents were planted on Biden by his political enemies? I just think either the whole thing smells fishy or Biden really needs to retire..

That would be literally an inside job.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:03 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Biden admits to having them.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 4:47 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

You could be right, but that's only half the point. If it is a plant ( some of them could be, but I doubt that all of them are ), the insiders are feeding him to the wolves. That should scare you. That means that the people who are really running the show aren't worried that Joe's base is going to rise up and protest. Because although Joe has a following, there never were enough of them to constitute a win or a rise-up while he's hung out to dry. It makes no sense to say it was some right-wing insider that planted them, they could have just hidden it from the public if that were so. They WANT us to know and they want to sway public opinion.

If you're a Biden supporter, this should scare the s**t out of you. They would have done the same thing to Trump, but Trump had a legitimate base. He was always right, they are after YOU. I think it's safe to say that neither side will ever have a free and fair election again.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:46 am

I would think that Biden’s house would be really well guarded. Political enemies could not just meander in and plant documents. That why I doubt it was planted and if it was planted it was an inside job by the secret service and that person would have to plant them without getting caught, unless the whole detail was in on it.

The problem is the entitled attitude these politicians have towards documents that are not theirs. That is the common thread with Hillary’s email and the Trump and Biden purloined documents. The biggest excuse for this I have heard is that documents are way over classified. As true as that it is still an illegal activity.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:46 pm

Biden probably actually took docs home to read for work purposes and then forgot to return them like overdue library books. Probably common practice for presidents to be kinda lax about stuff like this even though it's likely against documented official rules. He may be technically in the wrong and an investigation will determine that.

Big difference with that troll, trumplestiltskin, who stole hundreds/thousands of documents, got caught, then refused to return them for a year and a half, had a search warrant served, had lawyers lie saying everything was returned, got caught with more documents another couple times since.. keeps lying - saying he declassified everything, he's immune from prosecution/executive privilege, blah blah blah. Possibly showed/sold sensitive materials to enemies for personal/financial gain, or planned to, or as Michael Cohen says may have planned to use the docs to blackmail the US gov't.

YUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in breaking protocol to read some stuff at home and then old man forgetting to return your library books and stealing & concealing top secret docs with nefarious intentions and ever changing lies and cover-ups about it.

Maybe Biden deserves some sort of peepee slap, but trumplestiltskin belongs in jail.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:51 pm

I bet they all took documents.
Clinton’s are hid in a mattress or cigar box.
Jimmy Carter burned them in the burn barrel behind his house.
Reagan forgot where he left his.
Castro has Kennedy’s