Second Louisville mass shooting in a week

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 9:58 am

2 dead, 4 injured in Louisville shooting days after mass shooting at bank

Quote:
At least two people were killed in a shooting at a park in Louisville, Kentucky, over the weekend, less than a week after a mass shooting at a bank in the city left five people dead.
Two people died and four others were injured after shots were fired into a crowd at Chickasaw Park in Louisville on Saturday. Police responded to reports of the shooting around 9 p.m., and two victims were pronounced dead at the scene.

Louisville Deputy Chief Paul Humphrey said at a press conference on Saturday night that while there were hundreds of people in the park at the time of the attack, police had no witnesses to the shooting. Humphrey also said it was unclear who opened fire.

Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg (D) also reflected on the gun violence in the city over the past week, saying it had been “an unspeakable week of tragedy.”
“On Monday, we lost five of our fellow citizens to a horrific act of workplace gun violence,” Greenberg said. “And now, five days later, we’re at another scene of a reckless act of gun violence.”

One of the people who was injured in the latest shooting was in critical condition and underwent surgery.
The park where the shooting happened over the weekend is approximately five miles away from the bank that was the site of the shooting last week that killed five people and injured others.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 1:55 pm

Why is baseball still considered America's national pastime when it seems it's been overtaken by slaughtering people in a hail of bullets? :?