Singapore executes man for helping buy 2 pounds of cannabis

Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 9:22 pm

Recidivist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pretty sure you'd just smoke less in a session. Nothing wrong with that, your lungs will appreciate it.

Puff puff passout is not really a session :lol: My lungs hate me so I treat them with the same respect and smoke tobacco :jester:

Fair enough. I stick to sativas so I don't really encounter burnout and since I got covid a few years ago I haven't really had the same lung capacity so I appreciate a smoke session that's just one and done.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 9:30 pm

Recidivist wrote:
DanielW wrote:

I'm one of the weirdos who doesn't get the calming effects, or the pain relief. I get anxious, paranoid, and just...weird, its wasn't fun then...someone gave me an edible recently, and it felt 10x worse than it did when I was a kid.

I think I was in denial when I used to smoke weed and thought that everything was fine and I didn't give a f**k about anything. After a few years I realised that I became really introverted (even though I'm a natural introvert) which always led to anxiety and a paranoia that people knew I was stoned (even though the red eye was blatantly obvious :lol: )

Guess I'm weirdo too :jester:

I discovered it’s great for pruning .
it’s a private thing.It’s great for digging in the garden. Or birdsong.Not so much public areas, but I hate those anyway.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 9:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pretty sure you'd just smoke less in a session. Nothing wrong with that, your lungs will appreciate it.

Puff puff passout is not really a session :lol: My lungs hate me so I treat them with the same respect and smoke tobacco :jester:

Fair enough. I stick to sativas so I don't really encounter burnout and since I got covid a few years ago I haven't really had the same lung capacity so I appreciate a smoke session that's just one and done.

Do you find vaping as bad for your lungs as smoking? I wouldn't know a sativa to an indica to a ruderalis , it was all soap bar in my days.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 9:35 pm

Recidivist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Do you find vaping as bad for your lungs as smoking? I wouldn't know a sativa to an indica to a ruderalis , it was all soap bar in my days.

I find vaping feels funny; something about smoking contributes to the feeling of being satiated for me. I've only used a THV vape pen a few dozen times though (bought one, used it up).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 10:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I find vaping feels funny; something about smoking contributes to the feeling of being satiated for me. I've only used a THV vape pen a few dozen times though (bought one, used it up).

I feel you on that, tried vaping to give up fags, and it just lacks that je ne sais quoi.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 10:16 pm

I switched to vape from cigs.
Now I can’t stand the burning smell or taste of a real cig.
I vape weed and smoke weed.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 4:12 am

https://nida.nih.gov/news-events/news-r ... e-disorder

You can add this May 4th study to the growing pile examining associations between cannabis and madness.

Researchers found strong evidence of an association between cannabis use disorder and schizophrenia among men and women, though the association was much stronger among young men. Using statistical models, the study authors estimated that as many as 30% of cases of schizophrenia among men aged 21-30 might have been prevented by averting cannabis use disorder.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 9:01 am

So can alcohol.And heredity.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28166863/

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 1:31 pm

Misslizard wrote:
So can alcohol.

So we should keep weed illegal, discourage its consumption with further law and control alcohol more strictly than we do? I hope you weren't going to make the other argument.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 2:09 pm

Not what I was getting at.
It could be chemical exposure, also higher rates if the mother has influenza while pregnant, heredity, and so on.
If someone’s brain is predisposed to schizophrenia ,anything could be the tipping point.
With all the chemicals in the food ,water and air ,plus pharmaceuticals, who knows?

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2023, 11:41 pm

I doubt it was weed that made Bruce Lee crazy and attack Lo Wei with a knife.....cocaine however (and Lee & Linda mightve been a drug dealer too if Baker letters are to believe)

Hulk Hogan pretty much smoke weed often.....supposedly those cookies was the only thing that calmed down Lee , Linda even came on Enter set with them

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 5:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
Not what I was getting at.
It could be chemical exposure, also higher rates if the mother has influenza while pregnant, heredity, and so on.
If someone’s brain is predisposed to schizophrenia ,anything could be the tipping point.
With all the chemicals in the food ,water and air ,plus pharmaceuticals, who knows?

That's what they were trying to figure out, their models try to exclude all other factors and estimate how much schizophrenia was down to cannabis abuse. In young men it was highest at ~30%.