Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 10:10 am

Thats what I wanna be when i grow up! ^

An "expert beer drinker". :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 10:41 am

Speaking of which I stumbled up a couple brands of German "weissbier" (white beers). Bidenburger. And the lesser known Wehenstaphan. Probably examples of what they were talking about above. Real German "clear" beers that the German immigrants tried to reproduce here in the US, but ended up with ...American mass marketed run of the mill beer.

Both German brands are good.

But Wehenstaphan has more of a kick than anything but Elephant that Ive tried. Dont know what its alcohol content is. And the brand has the slogan "the oldest brewery in the world" and states it been in business since 1107 (on their website they say since 1040- make up your mind please). Either way it IS old. Middle of the Middle Ages. Around the time the Normans Conquered England in 1066 in the Battle of Hastings. And it has interesting taste. Imagine if bread were liquid. Thats what it tastes like. What beer oughta taste like because thats pretty much what beer IS....liquid bread.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 2:15 pm

Meh. I do drink some basic lagers and the occasional light beer, but mostly I avoid them all - American/Canadian etc as they're rather boring. May as well just drink water if I don't want it to taste like much of anything. Rather buy a mixer pack of IPA's or strong beers or some Summer mixer or whatever and have some flavour.

But I also don't drink 6-12 at a time like so many people who down a 6 pack or more after work.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 6:23 am

Bud Light Dethroned as Top-Selling Beer Brand in U.S. After Boycott

Quote:
Modelo Especial is now "the number one" beer in America, its U.S. distributor has said, after sales data showed it outsold longtime industry leader Bud Light in recent weeks.

Modelo Especial store sales topped $333 million in the four weeks ending May 28, a 15.6 percent rise on the same period last year, compared with Bud Light's $297 million, a 22.8 percent fall, according to Circana/IRI data figures obtained by Newsweek via Constellation Brands, the Mexican beer's U.S. distributor.

Separate NielsenIQ sales data obtained by Newsweek via industry consultancy firm Bumps Williams Consulting showed Modelo Especial's sales were about $341.9 million in the week ending May 27, compared with Bud Light sales of about $298.6 million.

Bill Newlands, the chief executive officer of Constellation, said the four-week jump had happened "quicker than we had anticipated."

"We thought that would take a little longer," he added. "We've been very fortunate that, that's gone a little quicker than we had anticipated. But what a great position to be in on the beer side."

A boycott to other Trans people results in a Mexican beer company becoming number one. Make America Great Again I guess.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 7:14 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Bud Light Dethroned as Top-Selling Beer Brand in U.S. After Boycott
Quote:
Modelo Especial is now "the number one" beer in America, its U.S. distributor has said, after sales data showed it outsold longtime industry leader Bud Light in recent weeks.

Modelo Especial store sales topped $333 million in the four weeks ending May 28, a 15.6 percent rise on the same period last year, compared with Bud Light's $297 million, a 22.8 percent fall, according to Circana/IRI data figures obtained by Newsweek via Constellation Brands, the Mexican beer's U.S. distributor.

Separate NielsenIQ sales data obtained by Newsweek via industry consultancy firm Bumps Williams Consulting showed Modelo Especial's sales were about $341.9 million in the week ending May 27, compared with Bud Light sales of about $298.6 million.

Bill Newlands, the chief executive officer of Constellation, said the four-week jump had happened "quicker than we had anticipated."

"We thought that would take a little longer," he added. "We've been very fortunate that, that's gone a little quicker than we had anticipated. But what a great position to be in on the beer side."

A boycott to other Trans people results in a Mexican beer company becoming number one. Make America Great Again I guess.

Funny thing about Modelo. It's ultimately owned by a company called InBev. InBev owns a whole heap of brands.

Including Bud Light :wink:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 12:41 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

A Mexican born guy that was in my class earlier this year made some very good points about how Mexico is in a position for a very VERY booming economy over the decades ahead as the USA decouples from China but still needs someone to trade with, to manufacture things etc. Mexico is right next door and ready to take on all kinds of purchase orders from the USA. I tend to think he's right.. a whole lot of business that used to go to China, that isn't going to be done in house in the USA, is going to be handed to Mexico. I guess better to have good trade relations with your neighbours than overseas - especially environmentally as things don't have to be shipped very far vs. all the fuel burnt to transport stuff across oceans.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 12:54 pm

I like Bud Light. It's got a pleasant taste. I also like the spokesperson.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 1:27 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like Bud Light. It's got a pleasant taste. I also like the spokesperson.

It's not offensive, but I don't find it particularly nice or anything - just very basic. But the flavoured bud lights taste pretty good! Bud light mango tastes really good, bud light lime is pretty good, I think there's a peach one as well - maybe more.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 12:48 pm

"Afternoon everybody...."

"Norm !"

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2023, 8:01 pm

Anheuser-Busch has launched a new advertising campaign

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ab-i ... 39088.html

It won't affect me--I'm still not interested in buying their beer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 6:09 pm

will force myself to buy some even though i don't drink. i can use it to kill slugs perhaps. or augment my cooking. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 6:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
will force myself to buy some even though i don't drink. i can use it to kill slugs perhaps. or augment my cooking. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You could cook with it. Throw some breakfast sausages in a pan and add sliced onions and a can of beer. Serve over potatoes or rice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 6:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You could cook with it. Throw some breakfast sausages in a pan and add sliced onions and a can of beer. Serve over potatoes or rice.

beyond meat sausages in any case. avoiding ticker trouble if at all possible. but the rest of it sounds yummy :chef:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 1:40 pm

On Twitter I found this video in which "Dylan Mulvaney opens up about how the anti-trans uproar over her Bud Light partnership has affected her mental health."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 8:17 pm

seems with too many people nowadays, the cruelty is the point.