Ukraine Just a 'Stepping Stone' to Invade Europe

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 6:30 pm

Or so says 'Colonel General Andrey Mordvichev' of the Russian military.

"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said.

Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked.

Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war will not stop here.

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-general-admits-ukraine-just-stepping-stone-invade-europe-1825776

I really hope this is propaganda, or that someone will stop Putin & his cronies. :huh:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 11:26 pm

So they are trying to get back old Soviet territories. They better not touch Croatia. I don't want to see game developer Croteam become a victim of this war.

BTW, Pootin and Kimmy had a meeting recently. I think they're making weapons deals to help Russia's war effort.

I can't imagine how American far right conservatives can still support this.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 2:02 am

About Pootin and Kimmy. I'd like to know what China thinks of those two making deals. Will China join in? Or feel a bit threatened?

Amazing to think that compared to Russia and North Korea, China is the sensible one in this situation!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:37 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
So they are trying to get back old Soviet territories. They better not touch Croatia. I don't want to see game developer Croteam become a victim of this war.

BTW, Pootin and Kimmy had a meeting recently. I think they're making weapons deals to help Russia's war effort.

Kimmy & Pootin are like James Bond villains, harbouring dastardly plans. I think North Korea are producing anti-task weapons for Russia and Russia are helping North Korea with nuclear capabilities, from memory of reading an article on the matter.

Yeah, it does seem strange how American conservatives seem... pro Russia. 8O

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:37 am

KitLily wrote:
About Pootin and Kimmy. I'd like to know what China thinks of those two making deals. Will China join in? Or feel a bit threatened?

Amazing to think that compared to Russia and North Korea, China is the sensible one in this situation!

Apparently China, despite wanting to appear reasonable and mature on the global stage, are actually in cahoots with the Russians to a significant degree.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:44 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I agree, it is bizarre. As long as I can remember, all Americans have been anti-Russia. Yet they are anti-Ukraine now and actively trying to stop America supporting Ukraine in that war. So logically they must be pro-Russia. WTAF.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:44 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Apparently China, despite wanting to appear reasonable and mature on the global stage, are actually in cahoots with the Russians to a significant degree.

I'm really not surprised. I think India is the same tbh.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:45 am

KitLily wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I agree, it is bizarre. As long as I can remember, all Americans have been anti-Russia. Yet they are anti-Ukraine now and actively trying to stop America supporting Ukraine in that war. So logically they must be pro-Russia. WTAF.

I know right?

It probably comes down to a mixture of American conservatives not necessarily being the most intelligent folk in a lot of cases and also propaganda/brainwashing that they have become affected by.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:52 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I know right?

It probably comes down to a mixture of American conservatives not necessarily being the most intelligent folk in a lot of cases and also propaganda/brainwashing that they have become affected by.

I realised recently that vast areas of America are very sparsely populated and/or have very patchy internet. Therefore they don't get the wide variety of political and cultural information, views and expert opinion that those of us in heavily populated areas with fast internet get.

So I think it's easy for them to fall into narrow minded, out of date views and opinions.

^Well that's the charitable view anyway.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 11:36 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

But it totally pwns the librulz.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 12:08 pm

America (the US) has way more polarised politics than European politics, from what I can gather. It's like tribal warfare or something.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 12:44 pm

This is news?

Hasn't that been being said for more than a year and one of the main reasons much of the world is supplying Ukraine with weapons to keep the russians from advancing farther and steamrolling over other countries ?

Seems a bit odd that this is news.. as if they have to sell it to us as to why we should be keeping russia back. They already sold it to us, money is being spent.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 12:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

But it totally pwns the librulz.

Oh well that's okay then. They can cause WW3 as long as it upsets the leftie liberal woke PC snowflakes :roll: :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 12:57 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
This is news?

Hasn't that been being said for more than a year and one of the main reasons much of the world is supplying Ukraine with weapons to keep the russians from advancing farther and steamrolling over other countries ?

Seems a bit odd that this is news.. as if they have to sell it to us as to why we should be keeping russia back. They already sold it to us, money is being spent.

Well, there is the logic to the fact that Russia have invaded Ukraine & will then move on to the next target, whoever that is.

But it's one thing guessing what the intentions of the Russians might be & another with them admitting their military and territorial ambitions.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 2:20 pm

Exactly.

Its newsworthy that a Russian general is actually stating the expansionist aim of his state in public.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 2:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Exactly.

Its newsworthy that a Russian general is actually stating the expansionist aim of his state in public.

Yep.

I mean, if Russia invade any NATO country it is basically going to be world war 3, since each NATO country has an obligation to protect any other member of NATO in a war scenario.