World’s top golfer charged with assaulting cop

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 8:23 am

Scottie Scheffler, world's top golfer, charged with assaulting a police officer at PGA Championship

Quote:
World No. 1 golfer Scottie Scheffler was detained by police and charged with assaulting an officer and other counts Friday outside of the PGA Championship in Louisville, Kentucky, according to court documents and an ESPN reporter, who took video of the incident.

Footage posted on X by Jeff Darlington appeared to show Scheffler being led away by officers.

The incident happened before the second round of the PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club, which was set to begin at 7:15 a.m.

Jail records show that he was booked on charges of second-degree assault of a police officer, third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving, and disregarding signals from officers directing traffic.

Jason Logsdon, of the Louisville Metro Department of Corrections, said there was no bond for Scheffler.

PGA officials said round 2 was delayed due to a "serious accident near the course" after police said a man was fatally struck by a shuttle bus around 5 a.m.

The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman