Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 2:25 pm

Around 4 years ago, I developed a strange condition. Both hands came down with dark itchy spots and then I had a message slowly appear all over my body. It was in a strange alphabet system, one I could not read. It was one letter at a time about a month apart. Each month a new letter. But this happened during the time of COVID and I was dealing with many other known diseases at the time. So I put it in the back burner for a year.

Eventually I met with a specialized doctor (dermatologist) and she informed me that I had a strange condition called Granuloma Annulare. They said they could help treat it, that it was not fatal. It was just a strange unknown disease that some people get. So I treated it with an ointment called: Triamcinolone Acetonide.

According to the internet:

Granuloma annulare is a benign skin condition characterized by small, raised bumps that form a ring with a normal or sunken center. The cause of granuloma annulare is unknown and it is found in patients of all ages.

The following are the most common signs or symptoms of granuloma annulare. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently:
-- Yellowish or skin-colored to red, firm, thickened bumps
-- One or several rings of bumps on feet, legs, or hands
-- The eruptions can be confined to one area (less than 10 lesions) or spread to multiple areas (greater than 10 lesions)
-- Lesions may be present for years

Granuloma Annulare

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 2:36 pm

if you don't mind, do you have any hunches as to what may have set it off?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 11:05 am

auntblabby wrote:
if you don't mind, do you have any hunches as to what may have set it off?

Only one thing comes to mind. It has to do with timing. It began right at the start of the COVID pandemic. So although I never came down with COVID, I was up and about during the pandemic. Maybe it was a mild case of COVID.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 12:01 am

scary.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 10:05 am

scary.