Phelps Gets Slammed With Ten Million Dollar Lawsuit

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Nov 2007, 7:11 pm

nebgreen wrote:
What amazes me so much is that people give this group so much attention, which is PRECISELY what this group WANTS. Attention (especially negative attention) is their OXYGEN. Cut that off, and they will wither and die. Counterdemonstrations against the WBC are USELESS because counterdemonstrations are, to the WBC, a form of attention. Black them out of the media and out of your consciousness altogether, and they will DIE. It really is that simple.

Well put, these jokers are trolls dressed up as Christians. Attention positive or negative is what feeds them.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 3:43 pm

Maybe they could try that explosive decompression idea...jk/lol

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 6:03 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:

Seal up the church they have in Westboro, make it airtight and pressure tight, then, when their hate-filled service begins, start the pressurisation. Slowly, and in incrememnts. Then, use timing once it is at about, say, 10 atmospheres. Time it to a stupid phrase of Phelps. If he says "May God strike me down if it were otherwise", so much the better. Release the pressure (via a charge on a window or something), then call a forensic clean-up crew. They'd be used to messy stuff.

On sabbatical...

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2007, 6:38 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Joybob wrote:
I'm pretty sure this was America and we had Free Speech.

p.s. Explosive decompression isn't real.

It is when there is 8 atmospheres of difference, like the Byford Dolphin incident. In space, yes it doesn't happen. But that's a difference of just one atmosphere. Imagine 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_dol ... l_accident

I even have the paper they published on the case, courtesy of Sedaka.

But they say it was probably instantaneous and painless...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 8:13 pm

ion wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Joybob wrote:
I'm pretty sure this was America and we had Free Speech.

p.s. Explosive decompression isn't real.

It is when there is 8 atmospheres of difference, like the Byford Dolphin incident. In space, yes it doesn't happen. But that's a difference of just one atmosphere. Imagine 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_dol ... l_accident

I even have the paper they published on the case, courtesy of Sedaka.

But they say it was probably instantaneous and painless...

Still messy. As for painless....

On sabbatical...

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 8:44 pm

nebgreen wrote:
What amazes me so much is that people give this group so much attention, which is PRECISELY what this group WANTS. Attention (especially negative attention) is their OXYGEN. Cut that off, and they will wither and die. Counterdemonstrations against the WBC are USELESS because counterdemonstrations are, to the WBC, a form of attention. Black them out of the media and out of your consciousness altogether, and they will DIE. It really is that simple.

Indeed. They actually came out here something like four or five years ago to protest the formation of Gay-Straight Alliance in the high school ('cause, you know, Ohio and Kansas are just so close to each other, and you never know when we might just snatch a couple of their members... or something); everyone was told to ignore them, not to look at them, speak (yell) to them, ect. And no one did; they didn't get any coverage in the paper either. It was pretty obvious they were frustrated, and they did nothing. They left without any effect whatsoever. Sure, they were annoying and actually quite aggravating, but they didn't get the reaction they wanted; they didn't get anything at all.

That being said, I can see why it would be so much harder to do that at a funeral. Emotions are all ready running high there, and that's not the same thing as a club that's going to meet again and again and again; a funeral only happens once, and it's supposed to honor deceased. Having idiots in the background yelling hate speech with their big hate signs would make that exceptionally difficult.

I don't know what their problem is, but they need to take it and get the hell away from society. Their ramblings are inane, their actions are disrespectful, and they're a disgrace on the pretty much all ready disgraced humanity. If they want to believe those things in private, fine; I'm never going to agree with them, but they're entitled to their opinion. They're not entitled to assault people with said opinion, and they're not entitled to ruin what should be a haven. I don't care who anyone is, those places are sacred, and harming people is entirely unacceptable.

I hope they have to pay every penny of that fine, and I hope they're unable to travel and bombard people anymore. Good riddance all ready.

Three years!

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2007, 8:57 pm

These people need professional help. Seriously.

According to Dante, there is a special place in Hell for hypocrites. Wish he'd mentioned if there's a suburb for psychotic fanatics.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 9:02 pm

Apollyon wrote:
These people need professional help. Seriously.

According to Dante, there is a special place in Hell for hypocrites. Wish he'd mentioned if there's a suburb for psychotic fanatics.

Lead cloaks covered in gilt doesn't seem good enough. I think Phelps would either be in Bolgia 4, or, more fittingly, Bolgia 9.

On sabbatical...

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2007, 9:15 pm

Not even. More like, through a hidden utility tunnel in the back of malbogia.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 2:58 am

Anubis wrote:
Got what was coming to him.

Christianity is supposed to be about forgiveness, not hatred. He gives it a bad name.

Yep.

As a now-defunct Christian rock band once said:

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 8:11 am

beau99 wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Got what was coming to him.

Christianity is supposed to be about forgiveness, not hatred. He gives it a bad name.

Yep.

As a now-defunct Christian rock band once said:

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

I agree with this 100%.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 2:45 pm

Quatermass wrote:
aspiegirl2 wrote:

Seal up the church they have in Westboro, make it airtight and pressure tight, then, when their hate-filled service begins, start the pressurisation. Slowly, and in incrememnts. Then, use timing once it is at about, say, 10 atmospheres. Time it to a stupid phrase of Phelps. If he says "May God strike me down if it were otherwise", so much the better. Release the pressure (via a charge on a window or something), then call a forensic clean-up crew. They'd be used to messy stuff.

That might work.

Tim

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 4:58 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
aspiegirl2 wrote:

That might work.

Tim

Unfortunately, buildings leak.

On sabbatical...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 5:31 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
aspiegirl2 wrote:

That might work.

Tim

Unfortunately, buildings leak.

D'oh!

Tim

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2007, 8:02 pm

If America's so awful, they're welcome to leave. Not that I'd wish them on anyone else's country. We should just exterminate them. Then protest their funerals.