Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:59 pm

South Seattle man accused of harassing autistic child, threatening arson (Seattle Times)

Quote:
"More so than him going to jail, I'd rather see this gentleman get help." Engen said.

Had it been my daughter, I think I'd prefer introducing this "gentleman" to the tip of a steel-toed boot, but maybe that's just me.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 7:12 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
South Seattle man accused of harassing autistic child, threatening arson (Seattle Times)

Quote:
"More so than him going to jail, I'd rather see this gentleman get help." Engen said.

Had it been my daughter, I think I'd prefer introducing this "gentleman" to the tip of a steel-toed boot, but maybe that's just me.

Heh heh. Me too.

24 Jul 2008, 8:16 pm

Why was the guy imitating her son and then threatening to burn her son's bedroom? Did the kid even do anything to upset him in the first place?

From reading the article, it sounded like the guy had mental problems.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 8:38 pm

According to the article, the man didn't like her son "spinning around" in the front yard and "looking at [his] house."

Sounds more like he's got an alcohol problem than a mental problem, but either way...

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 8:44 pm

Well I can see why she didn't take it too personally. This isn't an ordinarily discriminant NT. The guy's obviously got many underlying issues.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 8:46 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
According to the article, the man didn't like her son "spinning around" in the front yard and "looking at [his] house."

Sounds more like he's got an alcohol problem than a mental problem, but either way...

Oh no!! ! Not spinning!! !!

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 3:00 am

CRACK wrote:
Well I can see why she didn't take it too personally. This isn't an ordinarily discriminant NT. The guy's obviously got many underlying issues.

that guy does have some issues

25 Jul 2008, 9:00 am

DeaconBlues wrote:

That's a stupid reason to get annoyed over. It's not like his son was at his house digging in his yard or peeing on any of his flowers or doing any disruptive behavior.

I still think he probably has mental problems so that's why he drinks. Just my guess but I could be wrong. News articles always leave stuff out and not tell the whole story so it leaves me guessing.